Tropical System near Southern California?

packerfan10

CAGiversary!
Despite popular belief California does get tropical systems every so often but it is rather rare. Every once in a while a good scare comes along. The last major scare was in 1997 Hurricane Nora (1997) that brought heavy rain and thunderstorms into the area with small squall lines of rain off and on during the day.

New computer model runs tonight are no longer showing the moisture going into Texas and Arizona. They show whats left of the system bringing impressive rain and thunderstorms into So Cal with the system getting fairly close to the coast line. Its not very likely but something to keep an eye on.

ep201109_ensmodel.gif

Is the white line the bulk of the storm? Because that's Mexico's problem. Otherwise SoCal might get some rains at best. Drivers will forget how to drive, but other than that, meh. The more rain the better for preventing fires and droughts.

[quote name='silentevil']Aren't they called typhoons in the Pacific?[/QUOTE]

No. It's only called typhoon in certain parts of the Pacific, so it'd probably still be called a hurricane for SoCal.

I say bring it! I was sick of the warm and humid weather. My lawn could use a bit of extra water, so I can save on my own water bill.

[quote name='binici']I say bring it! I was sick of the warm and humid weather. My lawn could use a bit of extra water, so I can save on my own water bill.[/QUOTE]

Tropical storm wouldn't alleviate heat or humidity lol. I get what you're saying, though. Rain would certainly be nice.

bread's done
Back