Trouble With Some Steam Games.

Mr.Zurkon

CAG Veteran
Yah theirs a problem with some of my steam games. Valve ones in particular. See... they amped the settings up so high when you first play the game on my computer that it's TURNED SIDEWAYS and there's only like 1/8 visible so I can't go in to the options menu.

Anyone know where I can change the resolution to fix this?

There are some commands which can only be used in the Target box of your HL2 icon, or in the 'Set Launch Options' box of Steam. They cannot be used in the game's console or in your autoexec.cfg file. These are referred to as 'Command Line' commands, and the most useful of these commands are provided below:

-width [pixels] -height [pixels]: Using these two commands you can set a custom resolution in Pixel Width x Pixel Height (e.g. -width 640 –height 480 starts the game with 640x480 resolution). Make sure you choose a resolution supported by your monitor and with the correct ratio of width to height.

[LINK]

Thank you.

EDIT: Hey... wait a minute...

Command Console

To enable the command console, you will first need to go into the in-game options, and under the Keyboard tab, click the Advanced button and tick the 'Enable developer console' option (see the In-Game Settings section). Now you can open and close the console at any time by pressing the '~' key (the key under ESC). The Command Console is a window into the game's Source Engine. It allows you to see a range of information about the game and you can use it to change the way the engine behaves in real-time, which is very useful for experimentation.

As I said I cannot go to the options for the games because only 1/8 of the screen is visible and that doesn't include the options.

So I have to do what you said?

Edit again: Wait nevermind I gots it.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back