TRU 10/31 ad + Big Book

tubtub

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
For those of you disappointed that the 10/24 ads didn't have the NES Classics 2 on sale, TRU comes through the next week for you. Anyway, here's the 10/31 ad(this ad runs for one week and ends 11/6).

2 for $30 on these GBA NES Classics: Donkey Kong, Zelda, Zelda 2, Dr. Mario, Mario Brothers, Excitebike, Metroid, Castlevania

Free GBA SP mini case when you buy any GBA Yu-gi-oh

Free Incredibles movie pass(kids admission) with any $20 or more Incredibles purchase

XBOX Holiday Bundle(NCAA+TopSpin), Project Gotham 2, Need for Speed 2, and the racing wheel for $180(save $50)

GBA SP Value Pack: GBA SP, TOny Hawk Underground 2, SP Starter Kit $90(save $50)

GC Screen $119.99(reg. $139.99)
PS2 Screen $99.99(reg. $149.99)
GBA Wireless IM $19.99(reg. $29.99)
PS2 Pro Gamer's Bundle $29.99(reg. $59.99)
PS2 2d Sound System $19.99(reg. $29.99)

There is also a coupon that will only appear in the newspaper copies that gives you a free $10 gift card with a $75 or more purchase. The copies in stores will not have the coupon.

TRU Big Book. This is the annual big book of toys TRU advertises every year. There aren't many R-zone deals, but here's what is on sale. The ad runs from 10/31 until the Saturday before Thanksgiving(11/20), but it isn't in the paper until 11/7 as the first week is supposed to be for those people who stop in or get it by mail(it's being mailed to guests this week).

Get GBA Shrek 2 for $10 when you buy the TRU Exclusive GBA SP Orange/Green system(system is already in stores for those who want to see it).

Free DDR Music CD when you buy any DDR game.

Buy $75 or more and get a Shrek 2 or Donkey Plush for $4.99(regularly $29.99)(for those people buying lots of video games, why not take advantage of this deal too)

TRU is really trying to be competitive this year more so than usual, and these are actually better than the usual deals. The Black Friday ad is gonna be a good one(trust me ;)

[quote name='tubtub']
There is also a coupon that will only appear in the newspaper copies that gives you a free $10 gift card with a $75 or more purchase. The copies in stores will not have the coupon.
[/quote]

is it this sunday's or is it gonna be the sunday after next?

[quote name='tubtub']
XBOX Holiday Bundle(NCAA+TopSpin), Project Gotham 2, Need for Speed 2, and the racing wheel for $180(save $50)

TRU is really trying to be competitive this year more so than usual, and these are actually better than the usual deals. The Black Friday ad is gonna be a good one(trust me ;)[/quote]

Arent you saving more than 50 bucks on that XBOX? Project Gotham is 30, Need for Speed 2, depending on which one (HP:2 or NFS:U2) is either 20 or 50 and that steering wheel has to retail for more than like 2 cents.

Also how good will Black Friday be for games only?

Man i want this but dont want to spend 180 more for another xbox ....

[quote name='trunks982'][quote name='tubtub']
[/quote]

is it this sunday's or is it gonna be the sunday after next?[/quote]

Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't get the sunday paper so if it's in there and I plan on spending over a hundred there this Sunday I'll pick one up if it's in there.

Thanks, tubtub. The Classic NES deal sounds good (Castlevania + Zelda 2, most likely).

I can't wait for Black Friday...

Don't forget if you do spend $75 get the $5 plush toy and donate it to your local Toys for Tots Charity. It's that time of year! :)

[quote name='valkyriesound']Don't forget if you do spend $75 get the $5 plush toy and donate it to your local Toys for Tots Charity. It's that time of year! :)[/quote]

I might do that if I make 2 seperate $75 purchases. I hope there will be some overstock on those DK plushes and will sell them for ~5.00 any ways after the season

is it this sunday's or is it gonna be the sunday after next?
October 31st. That is next Sunday's ad. This Sunday is the big Buy 2 get 1 free deal week.

tubtub wrote:

Arent you saving more than 50 bucks on that XBOX? Project Gotham is 30, Need for Speed 2, depending on which one (HP:2 or NFS:U2) is either 20 or 50 and that steering wheel has to retail for more than like 2 cents.

Also how good will Black Friday be for games only?

The Xbox with the NCAA/Top Spin is $150 + Project Gotham 2 is $20 now + Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 for $20 + the racing wheel at $40 gives you a total of $230. You save $50, so you only pay $180 for all that.

I hope there will be some overstock on those DK plushes and will sell them for ~5.00 any ways after the season
I think most stores sell out of those before the big book even ends, but there are some stores that get stuck with them. Last year they marked the plushes down to $5 I think around March.

[quote name='Vtdgnca']great, now how bout the black friday deals... :lol:[/quote]

Indeed, this tru sale looks to be pretty weak sauce.

I might pick up non gh copies of zelda, kingdom hearts and viewtiful joe, but that is about the only way the deal makes sends(not sure why people are saying $33.33 is a great deal on a new game when gamerush sells the same game for $30???!?)

edit this deal might make sense if you pick up 3 copies of steel battalion, and then sell the 2 extras for $160ish and then you only end up paying 80 or so for a new steel battalion, but i never even seen steel battalion at tru

[quote name='tubtub']
TRU is really trying to be competitive this year more so than usual, and these are actually better than the usual deals. The Black Friday ad is gonna be a good one(trust me ;)[/quote]
Thats good to hear.

Anyone remember their promotion last year? Those big Lion King plushes of Simba or Nala with the purchase of $100 for free? That was great. Ended up getting both.

today i went to TRU and saw the limited edition of GBASP. its half green and half orange. so brightly colored. the top part is orange and the bottom part is green.

bread's done
Back