TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Josh,  any word on if we'll start seeing some PS3 bundle deals in the coming months?  Even a $50 giftcard with purchase of a bundle would be an enticing deal.

So I went to toyrus and the lego games were not buy one get one free. I purchased the games and no deal. None of the employees knew anything about the deal so I returned the games right away.

So I went to toyrus and the lego games were not buy one get one free. I purchased the games and no deal. None of the employees knew anything about the deal so I returned the games right away.
I looked when I went to work tonight- its in a Friday/Saturday only email advertisement they're sending out and should be online/in store, but only on 19.99 or less Lego games.

I looked when I went to work tonight- its in a Friday/Saturday only email advertisement they're sending out and should be online/in store, but only on 19.99 or less Lego games.
Looks to be working for online ordering. Thanks for the heads up!

Did you use "Free In-Store Pickup", because it is reverting to old pricing when I try to do that. I'm not paying $11 to ship two games...

P.S. I really hate their website
To be honest, it was stuff that was still in my cart from a few days ago. I think at that time I had set them for In-Store pickup when trying to get the deal to work, so that setting likely also remained.

To be honest, it was stuff that was still in my cart from a few days ago. I think at that time I had set them for In-Store pickup when trying to get the deal to work, so that setting likely also remained.
It won't even let me check out with the in-store pickup, w/o the deal. It just likes to refresh the cart...and crash.

Went to TRU looking for PS3 Lego games and they only had Lego Batman 1, 2 and Lego Star Wars 1...which is strange since usually there is a ton of all Lego games. I asked an employee who looked for a bit and told me the person who comes in to handle the value games (who is not a Toys R Us employee) usually pulls a large portion of the games that will be on sale, then puts them all back out the next week. After hearing that I put back the two Lego I was planning on purchasing and left. I do not expect the store to have games sent in for a buy one get one free sale but I do expect the games that were there to stay there. They won't let me buy the games in store, they charge me $11.02 to ship two games to my house...I am done with Toys R Us. And seriously? I can send 2 PS3 games for less than $3.10 First Class Mail Shipping plus $0.35 for an envelope, that is $7.50 they are making using my prices which have to be higher than their prices...ridiculous.

Sorry all, been dealing with some hospital time and had to rest. All good.

Updating the thread now.

Hope you (or whomever you may have been visiting) is doing better.

That being said I feel fortunate that I have a pretty good TRU in my area but I feel for those whose only option is to buy online at the TRU website or their eBay store as shipping prices are high and shipping quality is typically low.

It's like they're bipolar... I either get my items the next day in unnecessarily large boxes with too much packing material (i.e. wasted costs) or they stuff everything in a large bubble mailer and send it UPS ----> USPS ----> house which is like a 7-10 day service.

PLEASE! Any sort of a deal on Pikmin 3 next week will get my purchase... best buy and target busted! I would love to get Game and Wario for like half off with purchase or something like that 

PLEASE! Any sort of a deal on Pikmin 3 next week will get my purchase... best buy and target busted! I would love to get Game and Wario for like half off with purchase or something like that
I believe it is a combo deal with WiiU but will ask for something separate for the community if at all possible.

Hope you (or whomever you may have been visiting) is doing better.

That being said I feel fortunate that I have a pretty good TRU in my area but I feel for those whose only option is to buy online at the TRU website or their eBay store as shipping prices are high and shipping quality is typically low.

It's like they're bipolar... I either get my items the next day in unnecessarily large boxes with too much packing material (i.e. wasted costs) or they stuff everything in a large bubble mailer and send it UPS ----> USPS ----> house which is like a 7-10 day service.
I'm not sure what drives that, very strange. Unfortunately it was me, still trying to get back in the swing of things.

If you all do get a chance, started a dedicated gaming community for FRONTBURNR and Toys "R" Us. I will of course still be posting here but any help to get the initial traction going would be awesome! Will help secure more deals etc. And yes, still working out some kinks :) 

http://www.frontburnr.net

awe man I bought skyrim legendary from amazon for $40  2 days ago >.< oh well when you factor in sales tax I only missed out on $3 or something.

So I have skyrim and hearthfire on my Xbox from games on demand. I was tempted to pay the forty for the other two dlc. But for some reason I'm having trouble convincing myself to go for the legendary edition because I already own the game.

You could get a few bucks back if you trade in your Vanilla Skyrim.
I kinda wish I would've done that a couple of weeks ago when it was getting around $27.

However you do it, I will say that the Dragonborn DLC is very good and well worth the time and money.

You could get a few bucks back if you trade in your Vanilla Skyrim.
I kinda wish I would've done that a couple of weeks ago when it was getting around $27.

However you do it, I will say that the Dragonborn DLC is very good and well worth the time and money.
Yeah, I would do that, but I only got it as a download from xbox live.

Oh wow it does exclude video game hardware and video games. :/

Yep. They really aren't gamer friendly but hopefully Josh will help with this.

Here are few things to know:

1) TRU partnership with cash back sites excludes earning cash back on purchases that contain video games or hardware

2) Shoprunner (Free shipping) doesn't work on video games or hardware

3) The Catalina coupons (i.e. coupons that print at time of purchase; ex: $5 off $25) almost NEVER work on video games or hardware

4) Print (weekly flyer) and e-mail coupons almost never work on video games or hardware UNLESS they are specifically made for a particular game, console or accessory

5) until recently you could not redeem your Rewards R' Us certificates on games or hardware but I have been able to get those to work. I think they removed the video game exceptions from those. I remember there was a lot of anger when they did the 10% back in Rewards R' Us money on purchase made during the holiday season and then they screwed consumers by doing the following:

A) issuing certificates in $5 increments and instructing employees to only allow customers to use one certificate per purchase

B) Not allowing people to use them on video games or hardware despite the certificates being earned from making purchases on those items

C) the certificate expired very soon after they were issued (I think less then a month).

But all this being said I've found TRU is typically littered with overall mediocre deals that focus mainly on value games or bundling a junk game / accessory with a console (particularly a handheld) but then every 2 weeks or so they have an excellent deal.... but inventory is YMMV.

That being said my store has helpful and knowledgeable employees and has adequate inventory for being in a small market area.

I can't comment on that coupon specifically but make sure you read the fine print as almost all TRU coupons exclude video games and video game hardware.
Yep, too bad there aren't more from their gamers mag like the one that made MK $30 1 week after release

I have a birthday club coupon 5 dollars off 25, will this work on this deal? So i could get a game for 30 before tax?
Talk to a manager. Tell them you want to buy a game but the coupon excludes it. They should allow an override and let you use it. TRU has instructed all managers to be more lienient to the customers as far as coupon, price matching and such goes.

A) issuing certificates in $5 increments and instructing employees to only allow customers to use one certificate per purchase
Did this really happen? My store never did this.

GBAstar, on 30 Jul 2013 - 3:08 PM, said:

Yup, did at mine. As far as the increments go, I think the rewards you earned were divided over different certificates. In my case, I earned 4 six dollar certificates. Could only use 1 at a time. Not only that but 2 were effective for 1 time period(I do not remember how long a duration it was) and the other 2 were effective for a different time period.

Talk to a manager. Tell them you want to buy a game but the coupon excludes it. They should allow an override and let you use it. TRU has instructed all managers to be more lienient to the customers as far as coupon, price matching and such goes.

Yeah as the poster above me said that is how it was enforced at my store. Luckily I travel frequently and while visiting my girlfriends family two states away I found a TRU that allowed me to apply all at once.

And also like the poster above me mentioned they were split into two different two week periods. I think the most any particular award was worth was $5 because the max you could earn was $50 and depending on how much you earned they would be in various denominations from $2 - $5.

To make it worse I remember reading that least year video games didn't earn the standard 10% back during that promotion.

Josh, I don't know if you have a deal already lined up for Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, but I'd really like a straight-up gift card deal (e.g., free $10 GC with purchase). :D

My local TRU was sold out of both the PS3 and X360 versions of Metro: Last Light. Luckily, I was at least able to PM at Target.

Yea, talk to a manager, they should push the coupon through for just video games, not hardware, I believe all stores were instructed to do this from now on. Same as prim said about the rewards coupons, my store never did that either, it didn't say on the coupon about them not being able to be used altogether. We are even somewhat pushing some expired coupons through now too, if they are rewards coupons. It depends on the store though.

Do I need a physical ad to price match at Target or can I pull up the TRU ad on my phone to price match?

I suck at search. Has Black Ops 2 (360) ever gone below $35? Thanks in advance.

Eh, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Pretty fun game!

Can Injustice: GAU be PM'ed to Target for $35 and then bought in addition to the $10 off certain games with $1 preorder card deal effectively making the price $25 + $1 + tax?

Prim, Biggiant, did you guys watch the pickle video?

To follow up on what prim was saying, getting coupons to work that shouldn't is going to be more YMMV now. We did recently have a meeting that basically said to make the customer happy. But you're still going to run into your fair share of resistance (ie people that follow policy). 

The Wii U deal is pretty weak. Other retailers are including Pikmin 3 for free and giftcards in larger values.
? Who is offering Pikmin for free and larger value gift card? I'm in for that... All I saw as everyone offering $50 in gift cards/points back-no mention of free Pikmin.....

Yeah, I have to admit it is indeed a weak offer. I don't know about including a free copy of pikmin 3, but buying the Wii u alone is getting people a $50 gc at other retailers.

So far i'm not seeing many kmart like "deals". I know its still early but if success of deals like this is gonna get us the kmart "deals", I have no clue how they are gonna get them. No one on cag is gonna think that Wii U deal is better than anywhere else.

Well, on the plus side, you don't have to buy the Deluxe Wii U model with Pikmin 3 to get the GC; if BBY and Target included the Basic model in their promo, I might have gotten in on that deal.

Yeah, I have to admit it is indeed a weak offer. I don't know about including a free copy of pikmin 3, but buying the Wii u alone is getting people a $50 gc at other retailers.

So far i'm not seeing many kmart like "deals". I know its still early but if success of deals like this is gonna get us the kmart "deals", I have no clue how they are gonna get them. No one on cag is gonna think that Wii U deal is better than anywhere else.
Totally understand. One of the things I'm really working on with them are dedicated community based deals more so than even their standard circular where we can get some good action going. Definitely a learning curve especially since I'm representing more than facilitating. However, I do think we will be able to get it done. There has been a few stand out offers so far, just need to make them more consistent and targeted.

Well, on the plus side, you don't have to buy the Deluxe Wii U model with Pikmin 3 to get the GC; if BBY and Target included the Basic model in their promo, I might have gotten in on that deal.
The Deluxe is only $50 more. You're losing out on a measly $25 by going with the Basic.

Keep in mind that the Deluxe includes a free game, a cradle/charge stand, 24GB more space for games, and 5% back on every purchase made digitally.

Also, a lot of retailers are phasing out the Basic model. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes for clearance at super cheap prices.

Edit: Can't forget the Target bundle either. $385 - 5% (Target Card) = Wii U Deluxe, New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendo Land, and a $50 gift card for $355.

Totally understand. One of the things I'm really working on with them are dedicated community based deals more so than even their standard circular where we can get some good action going. Definitely a learning curve especially since I'm representing more than facilitating. However, I do think we will be able to get it done. There has been a few stand out offers so far, just need to make them more consistent and targeted.
TRU dat.

No deal on pikmin 3 makes me extremely disappointed. Please give us a B2G1 for next week! Or just give me a good pikmin 3 deal I won't have time to play it until next week anyways... a halfway decent Mario and luigi deal would be nice too if there isn't going to be a B2G1

bread's done
Back