TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to TRU grabbed the Diablo III coupon tag off of the game slip, went to BB and grabbed Diablo III and Saints Row IV

and they PM'd and gave me the $40 GC.  Sweet deal, glad I tried.  Best Buy has been really good this week 3 PM's saved 

over $60.

I'm leaning towards option two. The question now is, where do we get a hold of this friends and family 20% coupon?
You can print the coupon via the link prim provided a few posts above.

Anyway, my MS store order of GTA V shipped before I knew the full details of this promo or I would have jumped on it. Planning on getting Diablo 3 next week with the coupon though.

A heads up.

Next weeks ad is only 4 days. (9/15 - 9/18). The free Rockstar game is only valid on 9/17 & 9/18. The ad ends on the 18th due to the friends and family coupon. You will not be able to get the free game and use the F&F coupon.
Hey Prim, TRU PR is telling me the offer is good through 9/21 actually.

Hey Prim, TRU PR is telling me the offer is good through 9/21 actually.
When I left from work today, it was still being communicated at store level that is was a 4 day ad. It would be good if they communicate this down the chain if it is the case so I don't look the fool.

When I left from work today, it was still being communicated at store level that is was a 4 day ad. It would be good if they communicate this down the chain if it is the case so I don't look the fool.
Don't worry Prim, you'll always be the OG TRU rep to me.

I'll definitely email them back to make sure they are communicating the right dates with me :)

Just a thought.  What happens if the free Rockstar games are out of stock at our local TRU?  Can we get a raincheck or something?  Or are we SOL?

Just a thought. What happens if the free Rockstar games are out of stock at our local TRU? Can we get a raincheck or something? Or are we SOL?
Depends on the store. Some stores you will be SOL. If this happened at my store, I would offer any other $19.99 game or take $20 off another game if need be.

GTA V? I highly doubt it will not sell out at TRU. TRU has had pretty conservative stock levels for a lot of the Day 1 releases lately.
I'm not as concerned about GTAV as I am about the supporting Rockstar Games for FREE promotion. I think GTAV should be fine just based on how big the title is.

Any word on clarifying whether we can stack the free RS game with the F&F 20% off coupon? Definitely want to hold off if we can ... maybe I'll buy it Tuesday and then rebuy it with the coupon on Thursday ... hmmmm ... not sure.

Will Toys R Us have a midnight launch for it? I tried to find info on it but I couldn't find anything.

I don't mind pre ordering but preorder gets all the benefit such as free $20 Rockstar game + $10 GC right?

I'm gonna roll the dice & shoot for Thursday with the 25% off coupon.  CAG overrules impatience, but only so long.  Looking forward to the new hawtness.

I have a question about the 10% back through October 31. I remember last year they changed the terms where you couldnt use the Rewards R Us dollars on Video games or anything video game related...is that going to continue this year? Thanks.

Why is Diablo 3 being ported to consoles? There was such a huge backlash of hate and whinning when it came out for the PC. Is the console version totally different or something?
It also features offline MP, which is a BIG deal for lots of game buyers who aren't on CAG, IGN, etc.

i doubt GTA V will sell out in the TRU around me.  The folks that usually visit TRU around here are parents with kids that are 11 or younger and i'm assuming most of them will have the sense to not buy GTAV for their kid.  Really wish more folks would visit TRU so i'm not the only male adult scouring the gaming section.  Hopefully this deal brings more folk to TRU since it's probably the best deal for GTAV right now.  

i doubt GTA V will sell out in the TRU around me. The folks that usually visit TRU around here are parents with kids that are 11 or younger and i'm assuming most of them will have the sense to not buy GTAV for their kid. Really wish more folks would visit TRU so i'm not the only male adult scouring the gaming section. Hopefully this deal brings more folk to TRU since it's probably the best deal for GTAV right now.
Haha. That's like my TRU, too!! Whenever I'm there, parents are always buying Wii games for their kids. I'm not worried about my TRU running out of stock at all.

I'll definitely email them back to make sure they are communicating the right dates with me :)
Our system is showing the rockstar deal ending on the 18th. I'm thinking your contacts just assumed this weeks ad was a normal week long ad.

ccac8aea-9266-4ef7-b722-ee02bab39b88.jpg

Dranakin said:
I'm on my phone, so I can't search too well, but: what are the R* games that qualify for the GTA V promo?
Probably the oneson the website currently.

Max Payne 3
GTA4
GTA Stories from Liberty City
RDR (non-GOTY)
RDR Undead Nightmare
Midnight Club 3

Last edited by a moderator:
 I went to TOYRUS today. A very helpful employee showed me an "employee. use only" black and white ad fthat was in a folder .. There was no mention of the gift card .GOOD LUCK on finding the free game.. My store had 2 MAX P. , about 4-6 UNDEAD NIGHTMARE, lots of original RED DEAD , no LA NOIRE, and about 2-3 MIDNIGHT CLUB. The employee told that he would hide MAX PAYNE and to come around 1pm on TUESDAY...This for the ps3 , dont know what the qtys were for X BOX 360

RDR is sold out at every Toys R Us within 50 miles for me. So I wanted to order online, store pick up GTA 5 and have RDR shipped to me. However, it won't let me store pick up GTA5. Is there anyway to make this possible? Seems odd to not have a store pick up option for pre ordering games.

RDR is sold out at every Toys R Us within 50 miles for me. So I wanted to order online, store pick up GTA 5 and have RDR shipped to me. However, it won't let me store pick up GTA5. Is there anyway to make this possible? Seems odd to not have a store pick up option for pre ordering games.
You'll be able to store pickup on Tuesday, or whenever they update the site.

I just searched for RDR games at nearby stores hardly anything and of course they probably have 1 or 2. Not about to drive all over town looking for a in stock one. Nevermind this deal I guess I'll grab on Amazon or use my Target card for a discount. 

I just searched for RDR games at nearby stores hardly anything and of course they probably have 1 or 2. Not about to drive all over town looking for a in stock one. Nevermind this deal I guess I'll grab on Amazon or use my Target card for a discount.
Yeah, this deal would have been the best. Even though I don't even need any of the other Rockstar games (already owned/played every single Rockstar game this gen).

However it still would have been an amazing deal to grab the $10 gift card and get the free game to sell on ebay (hopefully for another $10). That would have replicated the Microsoft Store deal at least, since I want the PS3 version. Unfortunately there is only 1 $19.99 rockstar game showing as "available" on either platform. So unless stores are getting a small shipment of other games along with GTAV, then this deal is probably going to be a bit of a bust for me. I will probably swing by tomorrow afternoon and hope I can still get in on it, but i strongly doubt it at this point. Given the apparant stock situation, it's too bad the deal wasn't on "any" game for $19.99.

please tell TRU to stop putting expiration dates on their promo gift cards. Ive accidentally let a few expire and it really sucks!

Don't trust the TRU website when it says your store is out of stock of the free titles. I just went to my local store and they had plenty of the free eligible $19.99 Rockstar games behind the glass, but on the website it says they are out of stock. I saw all of them except there were no LA Noires.  Specifically I want Episodes from Liberty City, and they had at least 10 behind the glass even though the website says they have none.
Also the manager said they are NOT doing a midnight release tonight. The store will open at 10am on Tues.

So we've confirmed that the free game promo ends the day before the coupon is active at all stores? Ya know, just in case Prim's store is special. ;-)

I was all ready to go to the midnight launch for this game at TRU only to find out...no midnight launch. Great.....

This isn't related to TRU, but it i related to GTA V.

Can someone explain this coupon to me?

It's the coupon on the gamestop GTA V collection page, it says " Buy 2 Get 1 Free On ALL Pre-Onwed Games "

Do I have to pre-order to get the coupon, or can I just waltz in on the 17'th and get it?

I'm gonna take the risk and get GTA V for the XBox 360 starting on Thursday. Getting it 25% off with the TRU card is a pretty good deal.

I don't trust the store inventory online. I saw that Splinter Cell Blacklist and Diablo III were OOS. I took the risk, went to my local TRU and saw both games. Was happy and got the $40 gift card.

Then again, I am thinking of buying GTA tomorrow then do a return/rebuy when the coupon becomes active to eliminate the risk of it being OOS when Thursday comes.

I already have most of those games, but which one would have the most sell-back value?

Also, would it be best to just eBay whatever extra game I get, or does Gamestop have a promotion going on that would be better trading toward?

bread's done
Back