TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I hear, it's a somewhat hidden deal that won't be advertised until the 17th. They should have posters and such, advertising the $10 gift card, around TRU, when you go in on Tuesday.
A hidden promotion that would not get anyone into their store other than people already going to their store to possibly buy their product?

I don't even know where to start on that one. I was hoping I might be able to talk Best Buy into a price match, even just the extra game would be nice, but we will see. (I am well aware that it is very YMMV getting Best Buy to price match this kind of deal but I tend to have a lot of luck at the couple of stores I frequent).

A hidden promotion that would not get anyone into their store other than people already going to their store to possibly buy their product?

I don't even know where to start on that one. I was hoping I might be able to talk Best Buy into a price match, even just the extra game would be nice, but we will see. (I am well aware that it is very YMMV getting Best Buy to price match this kind of deal but I tend to have a lot of luck at the couple of stores I frequent).
Yeah I thought it was really weird not to advertise this offer too.

What time do they open tomorrow? My store is usually open at 10 I believe. Also what's the
Best game to flip?

Im going to try to PM at Best Buy too. Sucks I came in here and its some ghost promotion going on.

Im going to try to PM at Best Buy too. Sucks I came in here and its some ghost promotion going on.
Yeah not counting on the promo for the gift card I'm going to try and hit the store closest to me when they open at 10 I'll be nearby for a work meeting anyway let you guys know what I find.

Yeah I thought it was really weird not to advertise this offer too.

They really should be, seriously, this is probably the best GTA V deal this week and they didn't give it any attention.

If anyone heads into a store and they have a poster or flyer for this $10 giftcard up I wouldn't be the only one who would appreciate you taking a photo and posting it here.

I'm not seeing anything system wise about the $10 gift card deal. I even rang up a copy and didn't get the gift card prompt.

Josh, your TRU guys are gonna have to make up for this big time.

Same here me and my friend couldn't get the gift card. They had plenty copies of Rockstar games though. Never trust the online systems.

Josh, did you bring a little bit of SHC to TRU? Deal definitely isn't programmed into the registers. Hope no one skipped a midnight release for this

Josh, did you bring a little bit of SHC to TRU? Deal definitely isn't programmed into the registers. Hope no one skipped a midnight release for this
Well, I'm not actually employed by TRU so my influence can't be spread too far :) I am reaching out to them.

No CG for me clerk looked everywhere for it. He couldn't find anything in system. Store was out of Max Payne had to settle for Midnight Club

I went to ToysRus to recieve my free Rockstar game, but they said they knew nothing about the $10 gift card. Am I missing something?

No $10 GC for me either. im wondering now...You think if you ask to buy a $10 GC an add it on to the transaction,, it will be discounted off?

well you do that because if they change it the manager said I just need to bring in my receipt
Lucky I live like 5 mins away from Toy's r us or I'd be pissed, I'm still debating if I should keep it.... I wanted the special edition as well and they didn't have it

Lucky I live like 5 mins away from Toy's r us or I'd be pissed, I'm still debating if I should keep it.... I wanted the special edition as well and they didn't have it
See this is my issue, these offers are intended to sway a consumer to purchase from one place over another. If someone takes the time to drive there only to have the offer not be in place - the consumer should be compensated for the inconvenience/cost associated with having to make another trip in addition to just receiving what they should have received previously.

25 minute drive for me....a little disappointed, but ehhhhh I mean I still got a free game out of it.

Mixed feelings that I cancelled my discounted Amazon order for this ... it was clearly a better deal with the gc ... now it's only comparable when gas and time are factored in ... very disappointing.

Apparently just from "Official Representatives" that post here.

I called my local store.  Manager had zero information about a 10 buck gift card.  As far as she knew, the only promotion was the free value game with purchase.

Just went to tru my store didn't have gta 5 on the shelf yet. A few copies of the free games not many tho. No signs of any promotion. If I can't get the gift card I think I will wait on gta 5.

Toys R' Us did not know about the deal and there were only a handful of applicable Rockstar games.  I am really hoping this gets sorted out, as I would like to support TRU.  Unfortunate that I canceled my Amazon order and lost an hour, but maybe TRU will make it right.

I skipped a midnight release for this.

Bleh.  I doubt I'll be shopping at TRU.  Been burned too many times on this type of stuff.

Go Go Amazon!  Destroy these brick and mortar businesses!

I drove 24 miles to the closest Toys R Us and the female associate working the games department had no information in regards to the $10 gift card. I'm too worried to open up and start playing the game until I know for sure that the deal was supposed to be the free game along with the gc.

I'm a member of Toys R Us's Reward Zone program as well so the free gift card was not tied into my account.

Man, I guess its not just Kmart that can't get its shit together when it comes to these deals..

Also no GC at my TRU. I'm a bit frustrated at this point as it will be > 40 min drive round trip and after tax it's not much of a deal at all. Wish I had checked the site again before coming over. Currently, I'm sitting in my car trying to decide if I return it or not...

Seems unlikely they'll add a gc now, given that they've already made sales today. Would be nice if the f&f coupon stacked with the free game, but it sounds like that's planned to end without overlapping. Yep ... typical TRU ...

Well, to correct the situation afterwards, they could just offer a $10 gc to anyone who brings into the store a receipt dated today.

Again no GC here either. But I did buy today and they said I could bring in the 20% off coupon and receipt and they would adjust the price on the 19th.

Lol because driving back to the stores makes sense.. Is the blimp code included on the package or is it something they have to give out?

Ya this is why I'm happy I bought the game at dell.com :p.. it's still active if anyone wants to do it as well. Its free overnight shipping with a 25 dollar gift card... which can be used on any game on dell.com including ps4 and xbox one games..so you're not limited to Rockstar games..though obviously you won't get the game today if you order it today. But it was release day shipping if you had ordered it yesterday, as mine is out for delivery.

I went in this morning at 10:30. Not only did the employee have absolutely no idea how to process my pre order (me: "There's a bar code on my receipt, maybe that's it." Him: "Nah. That's not it." It is how it works.), but the only Rockstar games that they had were one copy of Max Payne on the PS3, and one copy of RDR: Undead Nightmare, PS3, which I grabbed. Also, they had no idea about the $10 gift card. 

It was a terrible experience.

Blimp code is for pre-orders only.  

Prolly missed the proverbial boat on that due to this misadvertised "bargain".

May try to get a verbal confirmation that I can adjust the price with the coupon on Thursday ... gotta make your own deals when the store deals aren't doing it ..

For everyone hating on TRU, the reality is it seems the communication on their end has been pretty consistent. There was no mention of a $10 GC in the print ad, online or in the store and the cashier knew nothing about it so it sounds to me like the only confusion is on our end, ie in the OP.

For everyone hating on TRU, the reality is it seems the communication on their end has been pretty consistent. There was no mention of a $10 GC in the print ad, online or in the store and the cashier knew nothing about it so it sounds to me like the only confusion is on our end, ie in the OP.
so TRU is being shady? i was going to skip gta5 but was thinking about jumping for the free game and $10 giftcard. hey josh do you think you will be able to do anything about this after the fact or is this dead dead in the water. im home for a hour before i go out TRU is kinda out of the way.

bread's done
Back