TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
so TRU is being shady? i was going to skip gta5 but was thinking about jumping for the free game and $10 giftcard. hey josh do you think you will be able to do anything about this after the fact or is this dead dead in the water. im home for a hour before i go out TRU is kinda out of the way.
No, that's what I'm trying to say, I don't think TRU has falsely advertised this at all. I just think we've duped ourselves.

Target wouldn't PM the free game.

Went to TRU & no GC :(

Employee said it wasnt in their system, nor was there any signage in the store for it.

Fail.

this is kind of shitty, does the guy that made this thread even work for TRU?

If they're sold out of the rockstar titles they should offer another game. There's no way they have enough stock of the other games to match what they recieved of GTA5, i would think.

reddjoey, your link goes to a "Page not found" error.

Edit: But ok, it looks like TRU can't decide what they're offering after all... I take back the mean things I said about our OP. ;)

I saw the tweet the link is actually from the tweet, takes you to page not found. Lol

Eh they only had GTA IV, RDR and Midnight Club LA. Really wanted Max Payne 3 or Episodes of Liberty City.

Better than nothing, also got a barcode at the end of my recipt not sure if it's the $10 GC

Decent deal but between the free copies set to arrive from the Best Buy glitch and the $59.96 copies of the Special Edition at Target plus redcard bonus plus posters via PM to WalMart ad, I'm all set.

Target wouldn't PM the free game.

Went to TRU & no GC :(

Employee said it wasnt in their system, nor was there any signage in the store for it.

Fail.
It's all good I returned my copy back to toy's r us, then brought a print ad with walmart and got the special edition...at target. a much better deal at 59.96 then 5% off is a nice deal considering it's 79.99 normally and I got that extra 5% for the tax.... Much better deal then the free game that I can get from amazon for 15$

From their Twitter:

qxDmfS0.jpg

From their Twitter:

qxDmfS0.jpg
Oh well it's their loss..... No way i'm going to even waste my time again to get a 10$ gift card(which most things are overpriced at) and a free game..... would have been nice originally but the special edition is a much better deal at 59.96 and what I wanted anyways

Can an admin please delete this thread?

Deal is BS & we've all been trolled :(
Hardly trolled but there is definitely a big mistake that is being corrected as we speak. The official TRU Twitter account tweeted the offer, it drove to 404 page but you can at least see it was planned.

Hardly trolled but there is definitely a big mistake that is being corrected as we speak. The official TRU Twitter account tweeted the offer, it drove to 404 page but you can at least see it was planned.
not Trolled but many dislikes for this as it wasted my time

not Trolled but many dislikes for this as it wasted my time
Mine too, I understand. However, I know the team will work to make it right and responded quickly when they were alerted.

Not an excuse as it never should have happened but definitely share in your diappointment.

Toys R Us are usually good with their deals, this was just one huge flub on their part, unfortunately. Hopefully the people upstairs and involved get a nice punishment of MEETINGS.

They removed that tweet.

New one.

Requires a coupon now. So I guess everyone who bought it before are SOL.

I guess you could take your receipt back to the store with the coupon. Waste of gas going back to the store though.
Im really up shitcreek, I dont have a printer and Im at work until TRU is closed...

Something TRU may want to keep in mind: if they truly want consistent gamer business, they better make sure all the employees in the stores are aware of the deals. I've got a long memory of what stores seem to really want my business vs those who do not-- I would have been more than happy to give KMart my money a couple of times, but kept getting shot down by uninformed (and most often rude) cashiers in the electronics section. That money went to Best Buy instead (before their deals started drying up).

I'll give them a pass this one time-- ended up walking out empty-handed after getting shot down and went across the street to Target to price-match the Wal-Mart ad instead. If the next deal they try doesn't work out for me, forget it. I'm okay giving my business elsewhere.

Updated the OP with the gift card link. Trying to work with them on what to do with anyone that had issues this morning and will hopefully have more info soon.

They removed that tweet.

New one.

Requires a coupon now. So I guess everyone who bought it before are SOL.

I guess you could take your receipt back to the store with the coupon. Waste of gas going back to the store though.
Thanks.

Josh - will this coupon have any issue stacking with the free Rockstar game offer? I appreciate the quick turn around on the coupon.

Went to TRU this morning at 10 AM, got the game and Undead Nightmare with no problem. I then mentioned the $10 gift card and none of the employees knew what I was talking about. I pulled up the coupon on my phone and they refused to use it and said I had to have a physical coupon. So I went back to work, printed the coupon, took a short break to go back to the TRU and they said it had to be the original coupon. I know I should be happy to get anything extra (and I am happy with Undead Nightmare) but damn. Really annoying.

So can we show this on a phone or laptop and get the deal? I'm not going home and printing the damn thing off then driving back for $10. Hardly worth the gas, time and ink for $10. TRU is seriously annoying glad I did get the game though. If I remember correctly I was able to use the code from my phone for one of their other coupons though they can type it in, anyone confirm?

Went to TRU this morning at 10 AM, got the game and Undead Nightmare with no problem. I then mentioned the $10 gift card and none of the employees knew what I was talking about. I pulled up the coupon on my phone and they refused to use it and said I had to have a physical coupon. So I went back to work, printed the coupon, took a short break to go back to the TRU and they said it had to be the original coupon. I know I should be happy to get anything extra (and I am happy with Undead Nightmare) but damn. Really annoying.
WTF? Did you talk to the manager? That's some BS you had to deal with... sounds like someone that had no idea what they're talking about

I saw the coupon posted as I was driving away, fortunately they took the coupon from the phone no problem and adjusted. Thanks.

Success! I just printed out the $10 coupon from the TRU Twitter feed PDF link and it worked just fine. Got GTA5, free Episodes from Liberty City Stories, and the $10 gift card. Also note that I had to ask for GTA5, they aren't behind the glass. The rep had to go in back and get it in the store room. My total with tax was $65.54 and my $10 gift card expires on Nov 2.

I had 0 success with this. Coupon scanned, came up invalid. She typed the coupon code in, came up invalid. She called corporate helpdesk, they knew nothing about it. She claimed she couldn't help me and sent me on my way empty handed. Epic fail TRU.

Deal acquired ... I take back most of the mean things I said and I'm on my way back to Michael's to return the craft materials I picked up to build the effigy of Josh I had planned to light on fire ... it's been a good morning.

And I'm just kidding Josh, I only do that for Best Buy employees ...

Got GTA V, Free R* game, $10 gift card, and the blimp code w/o a pre-order or showing any kind of advertisement or coupon.

Thanks a bunch for the heads up FrontBurnr!

I live in Southern California, not sure if the $10 gift card is a regional deal.

bread's done
Back