TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is my first time posting on this site... everything worked out well for me only hiccup I ran into, was that they only had xbox games left so I picked up Max Payne and will have to sell it or find some one to trade me for a ps3 game. My experience was pleasant esp being a "gamer chick". It's annoying picking up games from gamestop the day they are released. If they have deals like this more often it might be my go to place.

If this is being extended to tomorrow...will we be able to use the same coupon from today?

They are extending the deal through tomorrow for the $10 gift card and anyone that did not receive the gift card should only need to bring in their receipt to be issued one.

Also going to be coming up with a cool community offer to try and help make up for the first few hours of confusion today. More details on that front soon.

I called corporate and after speaking to a manager there, got them to honor the gift card when I next go to the brick and mortar store.

I would recommend calling them at the 1-800-TOYSRUS number and doing do if you did not get a card.  They gave me a reference number to the case and assured me it would be given to me.  (The store manager at my local store was adamant that I had to go in tonight to get the gift card and they would "absolutely not honor it tomorrow".

A huge amount of work around for this deal.  Going to blow off some stress with some digital murder now to compensate.

I was able to get the free game and $10 gc no problem. The only hiccup being they ran out of all PS3 rockstar games. I had to get a xbox version of Max Payne 3 in hopes they get a PS3 version to switch with later.

I called corporate and after speaking to a manager there, got them to honor the gift card when I next go to the brick and mortar store.

I would recommend calling them at the 1-800-TOYSRUS number and doing do if you did not get a card. They gave me a reference number to the case and assured me it would be given to me. (The store manager at my local store was adamant that I had to go in tonight to get the gift card and they would "absolutely not honor it tomorrow".

A huge amount of work around for this deal. Going to blow off some stress with some digital murder now to compensate.
I just did this (and liked your post). There weren't any managers available but I was given a case number and told that a manager would call me back in 3-5 business days.

I was able to get the free game and $10 gc no problem. The only hiccup being they ran out of all PS3 rockstar games. I had to get a xbox version of Max Payne 3 in hopes they get a PS3 version to switch with later.
Did you check the games outside the glass? That's where they had more copies.

I went this morning as soon as they opened and then found out about the coupon. Went back later and did a return rebuy and showed the lady the coupon on my phone and I got the giftcard.

Did you check the games outside the glass? That's where they had more copies.

I went this morning as soon as they opened and then found out about the coupon. Went back later and did a return rebuy and showed the lady the coupon on my phone and I got the giftcard.
Yea, the employee and I had to go searching in the rack by the Blue-rays to find the Undead Nightmare (seemed like the last copy)

He kept trying to sell me insurance/protection otherwise everything went smooth. I wonder if I will be able to get the 20% off come the 19th.

Again:

Any chance of me being able to PM the Free Rockstar Game portion of this deal at Walmart without a physical copy of the ad?

Really want to know before I go in there and try to do it.

I've got a spare copy of Madden 25 I'm going to either return for store credit (if they will allow it) or even exchange to get GTA V.  Wanted to get in on the free Rockstar game if possible.

I got my game plus freebie gift card, gta4 and poster :)

nna7ab.jpg

They are extending the deal through tomorrow for the $10 gift card and anyone that did not receive the gift card should only need to bring in their receipt to be issued one.

Also going to be coming up with a cool community offer to try and help make up for the first few hours of confusion today. More details on that front soon.
The coupon currently states "valid 9/17 only" so I think anybody using the coupon tomorrow will run into problems with cashiers that pay attention to the date unless we get an updated coupon?

Sorry to hear people had been having problems with this today. :/ maybe I missed the time where it was all screwy, but I went after work, got my GTA5, RDR, and $10 gift card. Dude who checked me out was like "oh sweet you're the first person to ask about the gift card". He scanned it and it went through no prob.

He's also a big Disney Infinity fan. lol

The coupon currently states "valid 9/17 only" so I think anybody using the coupon tomorrow will run into problems with cashiers that pay attention to the date unless we get an updated coupon?
I did receive confirmation that all stores were given notice roughly around 6p.m. EST. The extension should work.

went in at 10 am there were 10 of us already waiting for them to open. got lucky and had a gamer ring us up. the guy said he had been at the midnight launch at gamestop, then worked the next morning.

red dead was the popular free choice. had to go on twitter for the coupon, they had no clue, i downloaded the pdf and the dude just copied the code and it worked. the 8 next people behind me downloaded it to and got the gift card. For my experience, everything went smoothly

I did receive confirmation that all stores were given notice roughly around 6p.m. EST. The extension should work.
so is this the best you can do tell us to travel back to the store and hope they give us the $10 giftcard. a email giftcard should go out to all the people screwed over by this "deal".

Is it possible to buy GTA V here and recieve the free Rockstar $19.99 game and the $10.00 TRU GC then return GTA V?

Don't forget to use your Toys R Us rewards club card when you buy your game. You'll get another 10% back on your purchase as a coupon that will be emailed to you in mid Nov. So basically you'll get another $6.50 back with this deal. Even better deal!

Is it possible to buy GTA V here and recieve the free Rockstar $19.99 game and the $10.00 TRU GC then return GTA V?
YMMV. You would only get $49.99 + tax back due to the gift card promo.

Also I have a question about the Family and Friends 20% off coupon. Can I use it on PSN cards?

Also I have a question about the Family and Friends 20% off coupon. Can I use it on PSN cards?
TRU still consider XBox Live/PSN cards as gift cards, so I believe that won't count. Although they been having sales on them once in awhile.

Josh- hopefully, your persuasion can make them consider that these cards are NOT gift cards.

Though i am not interested in the gift card. Ill probably do this and trade in GTA IV at BB. $5 Base, $10 total. One of my friends is a BB employee and with his discount it comes out to 51.74 + tax. So i could get it here for around 41+ tax :D Sweet.

Update #2: Due to the confusion this morning concerning the gift card link, TRU has extended the offer through tomorrow (September 18th) and will honor any receipts that show purchase of the game but did not receive the gift card from today.
Does this extension mean I can still get the gift card deal even if I didn't buy the game yesterday? I was just too busy to drive out to TRU yesterday but today is a different story.

Hey Josh, how much trouble is it going to be to get in on this deal today given that the coupon says 9/17 only?   Clearly there were issues yesterday.  Has TRU communicated to employees that they can ignore the 9/17 reference?  If not, I can almost guarantee my store will be problematic.  

In regards to the 10% back in rewards promotion---does that include video games and related accessories/hardware?

I remember when they ran that promotion during the holidays 2-3 years ago it included video games and then last year I want to say I was told video games were excluded OR they earned at a much smaller rate then 10%.

I'm not a big fan of the TRU rewards program because I never get e-mail alerts when I have rewards and when they send them in the mail I get them like 5 days before the first batch expires.

Hey Josh, how much trouble is it going to be to get in on this deal today given that the coupon says 9/17 only? Clearly there were issues yesterday. Has TRU communicated to employees that they can ignore the 9/17 reference? If not, I can almost guarantee my store will be problematic.
FYI, it's been addressed in these posts:

Does this extension mean I can still get the gift card deal even if I didn't buy the game yesterday? I was just too busy to drive out to TRU yesterday but today is a different story.
Yep, pure extension for everyone.
If anyone is still being given some trouble today, tell them to check their dashboard. It says the coupon is good until EOB 9/18.

Well, I decided to call up my store (this is store 8304, btw) this morning before driving over there with my receipt from yesterday (just in case), and attempted to explain everything, and they acted like I had no idea what I was talking about. I was told they didn't receive any information or communications about this at all. Super frustrating, not sure what to do now.

The last thing the manager told me was that they "couldn't make the commitment to provide the gift card since they didn't have enough information about it."

I want to say I called my store as well and gave them the info about the gift card and how it was supposed to be extended through today because people had problems yesterday. (I did not buy the game yesterday)

She said that they are not honoring the Gift Card today... So it looks like i'll just be using the 20% off code tomorrow...

Hope you guys get the gift card!

My buddy Sharif Omar Mohammad Patel said he was in TRU last night about to buy Disney Infinity figures and the guy said to wait until next week's "huge sale". Any news on that?

So when I asked this:

Hey Josh, how much trouble is it going to be to get in on this deal today given that the coupon says 9/17 only? Clearly there were issues yesterday. Has TRU communicated to employees that they can ignore the 9/17 reference? If not, I can almost guarantee my store will be problematic.
I was right to be concerned as evidenced by the most recent posts. If I tell the people at my TRU to go check the dashboard, they are going to tell me to go F.......

Anyone know if TRU Lets you swap your free game if unopened before I make the trek up there. Totally forgot about LA NOIRE being a rockstar game would love to swap my Liberty City or RDR for it.

Just got back from my local TRU. They only had GTA IV, RDR Undead Redemption, & Max Payne 3 for free for PS3.

I chose RDR and when I got to the video game register I showed the guy the coupon. He was skeptical based on the date on the coupon and didn't know anything about it. I asked him to just try it. He relented and lo and behold it worked!

So I got GTA V, RDR, & a $10 merchandise credit card.

Good stuff!

I picked up GTA V for PS3 and got the free game and $10 gift card. However, they only had GTA IV Episodes from Liberty City available. They didnt know where the other games were. Shame, cuz I really wanted Red Dead. Oh well. Traded Episodes to GameStop for $5.20.

Just picked up GTA V today at TRU. They honored the Rockstar promotion but, I ran into a bump when I asked for the $10 gift card. They said they didn't get any notice of an extension, I let them know to check in the computer for a prompt and they said there was nothing. I was persistent. Apparently, earlier in the day, someone else was having the same issue and they saw that they give the customer $10.00 off GTA V. They asked me if that would work and I couldn't decline. YMMV of course but persistence is key.

Picked up a copy of GTA IV with the promotion and traded it in for $10 in Best Buy.

They also did charge me $00.01 for GTA IV. So TECHNICALLY, I did pay for it. Meaning I could return the unopened GTA V without having to return the "free" game.

Where am I going with all of this? I'll tell you.
I am going to return GTA V tomorrow at another toysrus and rebuy it with the %20 Family and friends coupon thus giving me another "free" game which I could trade in to best buy for another $10, thus giving me a total of $20 in store credit in Best Buy. THEN I'm going to have my Gf return GTA V to the initial TRU. AND FINALLY, I will go back to BB and use my friends employee discount (Comes out to 51.74 + tax) and get GTA V for $31.74 + tax! Which is $33.96 here in Florida (7%).

So there you have it. My evil CAG ways!

PS. I NEVER settle for 59.99 + tax.. LEARN.

I'm consolidating everyone who reached out to me via email into an email to the TRU buying team tonight. I've received around 8 requests for assistance. Don't be shy! If you have had an issue definitely let me know and I'll make sure to forward to the right people!

Remember to email me at [email protected] 

bread's done
Back