TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
How sure are the TRU gurus that everything should go fine with the 20% off code tomorrow? I know it doesn't say that you can't use it on video games, but I'm a little worried after yesterday, I'm not going to lie. :D

Another question I had, that may have already been answered, is do we need to have the Rewards program at TRU for the coupon to work or does it work on its own? I know I can just sign up there, but I wanted to be sure just in case it doesn't work for whatever reason, and that could be the solution. Not really banking on the cashiers automatically knowing the problem at all.

I apologize if the fine print mentioned it, I could have sworn I read the thing up and down.  :dunce:

How sure are the TRU gurus that everything should go fine with the 20% off code tomorrow? I know it doesn't say that you can't use it on video games, but I'm a little worried after yesterday, I'm not going to lie. :D

Another question I had, that may have already been answered, is do we need to have the Rewards program at TRU for the coupon to work or does it work on its own? I know I can just sign up there, but I wanted to be sure just in case it doesn't work for whatever reason, and that could be the solution. Not really banking on the cashiers automatically knowing the problem at all.

I apologize if the fine print mentioned it, I could have sworn I read the thing up and down. :dunce:
You do not need a rewards card to use the coupon.

But, if you do use a rewards card, you get 10% on your purchases til 10/31 up to $100 back. If you're going to buy something and not use a rewards card, you're pretty much just throwing free money away.

Neither do I. I call it patience.
Yeah, mentality of a CAG.

I apologize if the fine print mentioned it, I could have sworn I read the thing up and down. :dunce:
I wouldn't be surprised if the clerk tries to say that the coupon doesn't apply for video games, because it says "video game hardware" is excluded. Though this does not mean video games are excluded as it would say "Video Games." Video game hardware is consoles, controllers, kinects, etc.

As for your other question I'm pretty sure you do not NEED to have the Rewards program. But, even if it does, it's a quick process and it's worth it considering the 10% back promotion going on now. Good luck.

Just picked up GTA V today at TRU. They honored the Rockstar promotion but, I ran into a bump when I asked for the $10 gift card. They said they didn't get any notice of an extension, I let them know to check in the computer for a prompt and they said there was nothing. I was persistent. Apparently, earlier in the day, someone else was having the same issue and they saw that they give the customer $10.00 off GTA V. They asked me if that would work and I couldn't decline. YMMV of course but persistence is key.

Picked up a copy of GTA IV with the promotion and traded it in for $10 in Best Buy.

They also did charge me $00.01 for GTA IV. So TECHNICALLY, I did pay for it. Meaning I could return the unopened GTA V without having to return the "free" game.

Where am I going with all of this? I'll tell you.
I am going to return GTA V tomorrow at another toysrus and rebuy it with the %20 Family and friends coupon thus giving me another "free" game which I could trade in to best buy for another $10, thus giving me a total of $20 in store credit in Best Buy. THEN I'm going to have my Gf return GTA V to the initial TRU. AND FINALLY, I will go back to BB and use my friends employee discount (Comes out to 51.74 + tax) and get GTA V for $31.74 + tax! Which is $33.96 here in Florida (7%).

So there you have it. My evil CAG ways!

PS. I NEVER settle for 59.99 + tax.. LEARN.
A litle snag in your plan. The free Rockstar game deal ends today.

You do not need a rewards card to use the coupon.

But, if you do use a rewards card, you get 10% on your purchases til 10/31 up to $100 back. If you're going to buy something and not use a rewards card, you're pretty much just throwing free money away.
Prim,

I was wondering---is the 10% going to be issued to the consumer in a similar fashion to the 10% back promotion that TRU runs during the Holiday season (i.e. certs in $1-$5 denominations spread over two periods?)

Josh mentioned something about a gift card on the front page but it has been my experience over the last few years that anytime TRU does a promotion like this it's in multiple small denomination certificates that are broken up into two, two week periods and expire after that.

Prim,

I was wondering---is the 10% going to be issued to the consumer in a similar fashion to the 10% back promotion that TRU runs during the Holiday season (i.e. certs in $1-$5 denominations spread over two periods?)

Josh mentioned something about a gift card on the front page but it has been my experience over the last few years that anytime TRU does a promotion like this it's in multiple small denomination certificates that are broken up into two, two week periods and expire after that.
Josh is right. It will be issued by gift card. Most likely an e-gift card. It will be emailed to your rewards email sometime in mid November and expires sometme mid January.

Does the free rockstar game promotion for sure end today? Because I'm hearing conflicting things. Thanks in advance.
I posted this on Sunday. As of this morning, the dates have not changed in the system.

Our system is showing the rockstar deal ending on the 18th. I'm thinking your contacts just assumed this weeks ad was a normal week long ad.

ccac8aea-9266-4ef7-b722-ee02bab39b88.jpg

Best Buy in Tukwila, WA matched the promotion for me yesterday. I got GTA V for PS3 + free Red Dead Redemption GOTY for 360 + $10 GC. I know it wasn't supposed to be for RDR GOTY, but they didn't have the regular edition and they will honored it for me :p

is toys r us going to compete with taget's buy 2 get 1 free on wii u(or preferably on all systems) games any time soon? 

Toys R Us will have B1G1 Free on select Wii U games in next week( no first party games or newly released games...)

Soo... no Pikmin 3 or Wonderful 101(the only 2 games I have been looking for deals for the past month)?

I guess that wont be getting my business... bummer

I wish Josh would bring back the $15-$30 gaming coupons with release purchase he had at kmart... I found myself buying so many games just because the deals were too good to pass up.

A litle snag in your plan. The free Rockstar game deal ends today.
Just called corporate and I was informed that there is not dates for the promotion. She let me know that the terms and conditions were solely "Offer valid while supplies last."

I will verify for all those wondering the same thing.

Just called corporate and I was informed that there is not dates for the promotion. She let me know that the terms and conditions were solely "Offer valid while supplies last."

I will verify for all those wondering the same thing.
I'm definitely wondering lol. I just checked the toysrus website and the free rockstar game promotion is still up. But I don't want to go into the store tomorrow and have the same thing happen like what happened with the $10 gift card.

(snip)

So there you have it. My evil CAG ways!
Hope all these places you are running back and forth to are close together otherwise how much gas and time are you using? Anyway, do what you need to do to save a few bucks I guess buy why post it here and basically rub it in the TRU rep's face that you are going to try to screw them over? This is what causes the deals to dry up and just because you can do something doesn't always mean you should.

Hope all these places you are running back and forth to are close together otherwise how much gas and time are you using? Anyway, do what you need to do to save a few bucks I guess buy why post it here and basically rub it in the TRU rep's face that you are going to try to screw them over? This is what causes the deals to dry up and just because you can do something doesn't always mean you should.
Agreed. He is trying to work for us, and I hope he continues to push TRU to having better gaming deals. If you are going to do some less than upfront things, at least don't talk about it here.

The 20% code is working now, but the free game deal seems to have stopped as it charges full price when you add it to your cart.

The 20% code is working now, but the free game deal seems to have stopped as it charges full price when you add it to your cart.
The Disney Infinity deal is over as well. Drat--I was going to pre-order the future Disney Infinity stuff if that held up. I'm sure there will be other sales.

25% off on PS4 pre-orders and maybe getting 10% Gift Card on top of that using my Toys R Us Credit Card and through the Rewards R Us program.  

Plus Free Shipping on Pre-Orders

Why Not?  Worse thing is a better deal comes along but I am not sure I will do better on these PS4 deals

$470 order just placed.

Prices below don't account for possible 10% Rewards R Us rebate gift card

Dual Shock 4 $4 ($44.99 + Tax)

Destiny PS4 ($44.99 + Tax)

Battlefield 4 PS4 ($44.99 + Tax)

COD Ghosts PS4 ($44.99 + Tax)

Watch Dogs PS4 ($44.99 + Tax)

Wonderful 101 ($44.99 + Tax)

Killzone Mercenary Vita ($29.99 + Tax)

The Bureau PS3 ($26.25 + Tax)

Because my kids need something to do when I am on my PS4

Just Dance 2014 (Wii U) ($37.49 + Tax)

DI Toy Story playset ($26.99 + Tax)

DI Frozen Pack ($23.24 + Tax)

I thought the free game promo was supposed to last until Sept 21st.
It's weird that some people aren't getting their free game. As of right now, that deal is still showing up on their website.

25% off on PS4 pre-orders and maybe getting 10% Gift Card on top of that using my Toys R Us Credit Card and through the Rewards R Us program.

Plus Free Shipping on Pre-Orders
Where are you seeing this 25% deal? I can't find it on the website, and adding one of your games to my cart doesn't show any discount. Is there a promotional code or something...?

It's weird that some people aren't getting their free game. As of right now, that deal is still showing up on their website.

Where are you seeing this 25% deal? I can't find it on the website, and adding one of your games to my cart doesn't show any discount. Is there a promotional code or something...?
The deal is showing up on the website but it doesn't work (DOA) as I was looking to add this deal to my purchase this morning.

The deal is showing up on the website but it doesn't work (DOA) as I was looking to add this deal to my purchase this morning.
So the $470 order you placed didn't go through?

Edit: nevermind -- realized you were replying to my first comment and not my second...

You need to have and use a TRU credit card to get the 25% off. Code is FRIENDS25.

20% off code for everyone is :drumroll: FRIENDS20.

Keep in mind that it is supposed to be single-use in-store and/or online.

Morning everyone, just letting you know that all your information provided to me was recapped and sent to TRU. From what it looks like, I received 10 emails. I will respond to you via email to confirm your message was forwarded, if you do not hear back from me this morning (by 11a.m. EST) please resend as I have not received. 

You need to have and use a TRU credit card to get the 25% off. Code is FRIENDS25.

20% off code for everyone is :drumroll: FRIENDS20.

Keep in mind that it is supposed to be single-use in-store and/or online.
Oh. Thanks for clarifying that!

Soo... no Pikmin 3 or Wonderful 101(the only 2 games I have been looking for deals for the past month)?

I guess that wont be getting my business... bummer

I wish Josh would bring back the $15-$30 gaming coupons with release purchase he had at kmart... I found myself buying so many games just because the deals were too good to pass up.
This is a little different than back in the day mainly because I am not the buyer/merchant. I work with them mainly as a consultant and ambassador. They are definitely getting more aggressive but it will still be TRU which is in many ways better than what I had @Kmart/Sears.

Now I remember you from the Kmart deals. Good to have you back and that you're with a better store.

This is a little different than back in the day mainly because I am not the buyer/merchant. I work with them mainly as a consultant and ambassador. They are definitely getting more aggressive but it will still be TRU which is in many ways better than what I had @Kmart/Sears.

FRIENDS20

FRIENDS25 with tru credit card

This is something of significant importance. Here is what I mean: People buy games like GTA V at Gamestop because they are accustomed to shopping at Gamestop. Most don't have abnormal store credit and they are not getting any incentive such as a free game or a $10 GC. Rather, they just shop there because they usually shop there. TRU should look upon their current "aggression" as an investment in the holiday shopping season *Especially with the new consoles here for the holiday!

This is something of significant importance. Here is what I mean: People buy games like GTA V at Gamestop because they are accustomed to shopping at Gamestop. Most don't have abnormal store credit and they are not getting any incentive such as a free game or a $10 GC. Rather, they just shop there because they usually shop there. TRU should look upon their current "aggression" as an investment in the holiday shopping season *Especially with the new consoles here for the holiday!
True. I tried to buy a few games posted within the last four days on Craigslist. Two I was going to try to flip to Bb, the guy sold to ganestop for less than I was offering, as a trade-in on GTA v.

edit-people should really delete their posts if their gonna do that.

Was the 10 GC and free game offer extended or something? I ask because the it's still on the title.

Going back to also buy GTA on Xbox 360 to play with friends, glad that the free game offer still stands.

Last edited:
Welp, my instore pickup was cancelled due to being out of stock yet they are still charging me tax for it and I can't reuse the code. Nice.

Can we get a clarification on what deal is currently working? I just got turned down trying to get the 20% off to work from my gta 5 + free game + $10 GC.

Can we get a clarification on what deal is currently working? I just got turned down trying to get the 20% off to work from my gta 5 + free game + $10 GC.
Well, for a start, the $10 gift card expired yesterday.

For the 20% off, did you give them the coupon? It's not applied automatically.

I know the gift card expired...and yeah I gave the coupon. Still no go.

To be specific....I made my purchase 2 days ago...I wanted to try and get an adjustment with the 20%.

Well, for a start, the $10 gift card expired yesterday.

For the 20% off, did you give them the coupon? It's not applied automatically.

I know the gift card expired...and yeah I gave the coupon. Still no go.

To be specific....I made my purchase 2 days ago...I wanted to try and get an adjustment with the 20%.
If you tried to get an adjustment to try to get all 3 deals, its not going to work. There is no way to return a gift card.

bread's done
Back