TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does not appear I am allowed to help with customer service as much as I would like to. So, please contact TRU directly for any issues but if they are not helpful I want to know and I will push it anyway I can.
I'm lost at this. They banned you from helpin' us out!? :ziplip:

He probably means that he doesn't have all the power you think he does. He helps us with anything he can and sometimes I feel like people push things. Let the guy breath some air lol
I THINK NOT!

LNVfF2g.jpg

I havent seen any posts about the gaming coupon for the purchase of GTA/FIFA. Can this coupon be used immediately on a second game? Do they stack? How long are they valid? Any help with this would be appreciated. I will obviously be heading to TRU for gaming purchases now =) Any word if you are going to be doing deals for the next gen systems??

I havent seen any posts about the gaming coupon for the purchase of GTA/FIFA. Can this coupon be used immediately on a second game? Do they stack? How long are they valid? Any help with this would be appreciated. I will obviously be heading to TRU for gaming purchases now =) Any word if you are going to be doing deals for the next gen systems??
It's not valid for at least 6 hours after the purchase. and it expires Nov 2. So you better make sure there's a game you want badly! Then again there's preorders I think

It does not appear I am allowed to help with customer service as much as I would like to. So, please contact TRU directly for any issues but if they are not helpful I want to know and I will push it anyway I can.
i would like to thank you for fighting for us that got screwed on launch day of gta5. my $10 gift card is on the way.

they should let you help as its in their best interest to keep us gamers happy or we will just buy someplace else with less hassle. knowing that the next toys r us deal we will have to deal with toys r us directly with any issues would make me second guess wasting the trip. josh you are the reason many of us make the trip to toys r us as we know in the past you always make it right.

Cool. How'd it work during check out? did they give it automatically or scan something?
the guy from the videogame dept said to go to customer service to get the giftcard. there was a li'l hesitation from the woman cuz the in store price was 59.99 and my receipt showed it as 47.99. after a she thought about it for a moment she proceeded to print out a receipt and scan 15 bucks onto a giftcard. I think she did a return and rebuy for 59.99, then manually took off the 20%, then was able to produce the giftcard.

I'm lost at this. They banned you from helpin' us out!? :ziplip:
I'm technically not a TRU associate so I can't mediate customer service unfortunately. I was able to help out some people with the GTAV issue to a certain point but was told that I have to refer people to CS going forward.

Regardless, I can still raise awareness to the corporate team on issues that are happening. They would never have known about the GTAV issues without this community and were able to respond quickly.

Which one is better Assassins Creed Revelations or Assassins Creed Brotherhood?
Brotherhood is better.

Revelations is much the same, but it is boring. It attempts intrigue and slight mechanical changes and forced combat, but it never really becomes fun.

Brotherhood was more irreverent, and straight forward... and you get to ride a horse.

Worse part of Revelations was that it introduced hookblade mechanics that don't work very well and are convoluted, and the enemies become harder to fight because you are expected to use the hookblade mechanics... it doesn't succeed and it makes the majority of fights slow you down. It's a very poor implementation of Batman AA and AC that weaken the game.

^ You can get anything you want if an employee runs interference. That is obviously a manual override. It wasn't just a return rebuy.
System wouldn't let them return and rebuy. A manager had to do it. Same result different method. The date on the receipt helped. Plus I get 10% back so..... :twoguns:

Employee was reluctant and already had an attitude when I came up without mentioning the promo. So I threatened with corporate. Cheap. ASSSSSS. Gamer.

System wouldn't let them return and rebuy. A manager had to do it. Same result different method. The date on the receipt helped. Plus I get 10% back so..... :twoguns:

Employee was reluctant and already had an attitude when I came up without mentioning the promo. So I threatened with corporate. Cheap. ASSSSSS. Gamer.
Yeah... making things more difficult for future CAGs is definitely what the spirit of this site is all about. Kudos.

Is the offer for the giftcard still available for GTA V and Fifa 14?  I looked at the ad on the TRU website and I do not see it. 

Hoping to save a drive to TRU if I can avoid it.

Thanks,

edit. it is available.

So where is the ad for the $15 FIFA gift card? I don't see it listed online or in the weekly ad online. Is it an in-store only deal?

The 20% off and $15 Gift Card were never valid at the same time. The 20% off ended on Saturday the $15 GC started Sunday. Genius.
Yes. I am a genius. Thank you very much. I bought the game Sunday morning @ 1.am local time. It was still available. The next promo started @ 12am eastern time. I'd say that it was still valid because IT GAVE ME THE DISCOUNT ONLINE.

Just bought two copies of Fifa 14 and got a $30 GC. I also got a coupon on the receipt for 15% off on one item but it appears to exclude videogames software and hardware. -__-. What to get what to get PS3 related hmm

I also used my Rewards card so I should be getting something back no?

Yes. I am a genius. Thank you very much. I bought the game Sunday morning @ 1.am local time. It was still available. The next promo started @ 12am eastern time. I'd say that it was still valid because IT GAVE ME THE DISCOUNT ONLINE.
Dude. The Gift Card deals are never valid online. What are you talking about?

I was talking with customer service at my local TRU about the "Get 10% back up to $100 from now until Halloween" Rewards offer and they told me that it wouldn't apply for the first $150 spent. Is that true?

I was talking with customer service at my local TRU about the "Get 10% back up to $100 from now until Halloween" Rewards offer and they told me that it wouldn't apply for the first $150 spent. Is that true?
Nope. It shows on the rewards section I've got $4.54 earned for it when I log in, and i've probably only spent about $45. The terms and conditions page says nothing of the sort either.

Well I wish I could do the Wii U B1G1. Batman is $30 and I still haven't played it but all of the other games that interest me are at least $50. Besides I just took part in the B2G1 at Target so I'm set for a while.
All the games in this weeks B1G1 are a straight 50% off next week if you were only looking at the one game.

Picked up GTA V, $45 is pretty sweet for a game this big.  

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but they give you a special kind of gift card that doesn't activate until 6 hours after purchase and expires on November 2nd (I believe).  So you can't just stash your $15 away, you have to use it or lose it.  Be careful.

I reeeeally want Scribblenauts Unmasked, but I think I'll hold out for a better deal. The $15 gift card deal is tempting though.

That doesn't make any sense. Both promos were valid a the same time technically.
That doesn't make any sense. Both promos were valid a the same time technically.
That is the point there. Both promos are not valid with each other. Working at Toys R Us I can tell you that no promotion works with one another. If you look at the 20% coupon it says that you can't combine it with other deals or price matches. Same thing with the gift card. It would auto cancel the deal in the system. The only reason you got it was because you were being an 'ass' as you said you were and pulled the corporate card. You are the reason they are breaking deals down more and not letting things work with each other. Same goes with a lady that tried this and the $10 coupon when it clearly says on the coupons themselves that they wont work with other offers.

I am a gamer, and I am more then willing to help a guest or a customer with a situation they may have or help them with a deal that is going on. But if someone like that or you walked up and tried that I would tell you that it doesn't work, and if you pulled the corporate card I would give you the number to call.

There is no minimum purchase or price to exceed in this promo. You get it back for every penny you spend up to the $100 maximum amount.

Josh, is there any chance of details for whatever deal TRU has cooking for Pokemon X/Y, or at least an indication of when you could tell us more? Target's ad for that week already leaked with no offers for those titles, so aside from BBY (*snicker*), TRU is looking like a beacon of hope right about now.

Which one is better Assassins Creed Revelations or Assassins Creed Brotherhood?
I prefer ACB over ACR. ACR added some really stupid RTS minigames, also added mission objectives for completing missions in a certain manner, which I don't remember past games having. Some of them are cool but most of them are pretty pointless, tedious and not worth the trouble unless you're one of those completionist type of gamers.

Josh, is there any chance of details for whatever deal TRU has cooking for Pokemon X/Y, or at least an indication of when you could tell us more? Target's ad for that week already leaked with no offers for those titles, so aside from BBY (*snicker*), TRU is looking like a beacon of hope right about now.
THISTHISTHIS

If you are talking about the gift card deal, this is only valid in store.
So right now IS THIS the best deal for GTA V, or is there anything better?

Also do I need to do anything special for the gift card or will they just automatically give it to me?

let me know as i'm fixing to buy this YESTERDAY!!

oNe

bread's done
Back