TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
So these gift cards expire in November.. but I can just use it to buy another gift card without an expiration date right?
Or, as mentioned a few times before: Buy some unwanted junk with gift card. Return said unwanted junk, and ask for money to be put on standard gift card.

That is the point there. Both promos are not valid with each other. Working at Toys R Us I can tell you that no promotion works with one another. If you look at the 20% coupon it says that you can't combine it with other deals or price matches. Same thing with the gift card. It would auto cancel the deal in the system. The only reason you got it was because you were being an 'ass' as you said you were and pulled the corporate card. You are the reason they are breaking deals down more and not letting things work with each other. Same goes with a lady that tried this and the $10 coupon when it clearly says on the coupons themselves that they wont work with other offers.

I am a gamer, and I am more then willing to help a guest or a customer with a situation they may have or help them with a deal that is going on. But if someone like that or you walked up and tried that I would tell you that it doesn't work, and if you pulled the corporate card I would give you the number to call.
It's the art of the deal at the end of the day.

I'm really tired of the false-consensus that everyone seems to use here."Oo, because you did this, all of us will suffer! Waaaaaa!!!". Can you prove it? Can you give a specific example? It because a huge problem when an influx of customers catch on. Many deals are loss leaders.

Companies lose on many deals to get you in the store. In fact, they are taking a risk by offering us this. The $15 giftcard alone takes away any profit that TRU would make on the game. If we want to be really moral, none of us should take a deal here. That's for another day, however.

I push of deals. I very rarely pay full retail price unless it's a luxury item I really love (Omega watches ftw). I haggled $2000 off my card and didn't have to have a cosigner @ 21 because I refused to accept the deal. Of course, I learned a lot from my law prof..

I don't care what you would do, because you have no power. If you had an attitude with me, I would report you to coporate.

If I outsmart you, is it my issue? I backed the manager into a corner and he took the bait. I was very calm with the entire situation. He could have said no, left and that was it.

It's not like they lost. Why? That same manager signed me up for the Rewards card and got my loyalty. I'd probably end up spending more in the next year with TRU by purchasing many items at their retail prices, because I don't really go to the store (There's a sweet classic Megazord that I want).

Much of the deals that 'companies stopped' were because they lost too much money and didn't bring enough in. Kmart is a prime example. They could have kept on with Kmart Gamer deals, but the store itself isn't doing the best. So they could overcharge on tissue.Companies have goals when they offer deals on products.

I just asked for the coporate number. I didn't say I'd report them or anything as I didn't plan to. I already knew going in that there was a small chance it worked. I take chances. There's other deals I 'lost out' on because some things aren't consistent. Back when BB offered the X12 head phones, they were giving a big $20 discount. Plus I was supposed to get a headphone stand. But it was incompatible with the deal and I left it. And the team member tried, but I knew that it couldn't be done including the money lost with the items. TRU didn't give me money, but a gift card that I can only use there. I still have to buy an item and I will probaly buy a $60 game. That's what TRU wants me to do because most consumers do not buy just 'what's on the giftcard'. Nope. They usually buy over that because they believe the GC to be "Free MONEY".

I wonder if anyone has any qualms about TRU offering high-interest credit cards? Just wondering.

So right now IS THIS the best deal for GTA V, or is there anything better?

Also do I need to do anything special for the gift card or will they just automatically give it to me?

let me know as i'm fixing to buy this YESTERDAY!!

oNe
I think it's the best deal right now. Or it could be the worst.

I'd request for the GC because not every will know about it. Second, it could be worse if you don't use the card by November 2nd. So they are forcing you to go back into the store before BF. But it's still a good deal because there's a few good games coming out in Oct.

Does TRU allow you to buy Amazon kindle cards with gift cards?

Also, video game still fall under the 90-day return policy at TRU correct?

Exceptions include: "Return Guidelines for Computer Hardware, Cameras, Camcorders, Digital Audible Players, Video Game Hardware, Personal DVD Player, No Contract Cell Phones and Baby Monitors."

https://www.toysrus.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=returns&subdisplay=returns#exceptions

So if you find a better deal in the next 90 days, just buy it and then return the unopened copy to TRU for your money back.

Does TRU allow you to buy Amazon kindle cards with gift cards?

Also, video game still fall under the 90-day return policy at TRU correct?

Exceptions include: "Return Guidelines for Computer Hardware, Cameras, Camcorders, Digital Audible Players, Video Game Hardware, Personal DVD Player, No Contract Cell Phones and Baby Monitors."

https://www.toysrus.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=returns&subdisplay=returns#exceptions

So if you find a better deal in the next 90 days, just buy it and then return the unopened copy to TRU for your money back.
Unfortunately video games fall under the 45 day return policy the system sets it at that. No way of reversing that because the system won't allow me to find the item off your receipt after 45 days

Unfortunately video games fall under the 45 day return policy the system sets it at that. No way of reversing that because the system won't allow me to find the item off your receipt after 45 days
Thanks for the info!

Picked up GTA 5 yesterday, and it was quite entertaining to hear the cashier tell the guy in front of me about the best part of the game: "you can pick up hookers, have them do their thing, and then punch them in the face and take your money back". The most entertaining part was the audience of families nearby.

Well, I was all ready to buy Batman AC from the site today, but I find out it's $5 shipping, no Shoprunner available, and my local store doesn't sell it according to the store-pickup tracker. Which pretty much ruins the deal for me. I guess that means I'll have to try PMing it elsewhere.

Seriously, the shipping is still a killer. I was going to order a screen protector for my gamepad earlier this week but I ran into the exact same problems.

Well, I was all ready to buy Batman AC from the site today, but I find out it's $5 shipping, no Shoprunner available, and my local store doesn't sell it according to the store-pickup tracker. Which pretty much ruins the deal for me. I guess that means I'll have to try PMing it elsewhere.

Seriously, the shipping is still a killer. I was going to order a screen protector for my gamepad earlier this week but I ran into the exact same problems.
The stock checker in tru.com is not accurate. I would just call your local store before going elsewhere to pm.

The stock checker in tru.com is not accurate. I would just call your local store before going elsewhere to pm.
Well, I was probably going to have to go by there to get a physical ad, anyway... How inaccurate is it, completely bonked or "low stock = no stock" like BBY?

Man, nothin for Wind Waker HD huh? Damn. I held off downloading it because I assumed there would be some offer. Shame...digital it is, then

Just dropping in to ask if the Pokemon XL DS or Pokemon X/Y will have deals at Toys R Us.  If the deal is good enough, it would change where the purchase is made.

It could very likely be on one of the weekend email deals TRU does given that it launches on a Friday.
Oh, maybe that's why we still don't have any details on any Pokemon X/Y deals, it could be one of those. Especially since it technically releases on a holiday weekend...

Just dropping in to ask if the Pokemon XL DS or Pokemon X/Y will have deals at Toys R Us. If the deal is good enough, it would change where the purchase is made.
X/Y is confirmed to have a deal

And the XL is selling out fast, you might want to go get one today if you really want it.

Wanted to post that the $15 gift card is NOT working with NHL 14 (PS3).

I did get it to work with NBA 2K14 (Xbox 360).

Any idea why this is happening?

The Pokemon X/Y will have a deal. Not quite as good as the B/W deal was a few years ago, but just about as close...

So after looking back and trying to find out what the deal was, it was buy one get one 50% off all ds games... So I am assuming that will mean it will either be B1G50% only X and Y or B1G40% which toys r us seems to like to do... I hate the 40%, why cant they just make it 50% and make everyone happy? Either way I will be happy there is a deal on it

I'm on my mobile so I don't see the full ad but is the gift card offer good for the ps3 version of nba 2k14?
I don't know man... according to the OP I figured the $15 GC was good for all those sports games but I tried to buy NHL 14 (PS3) and NBA 2k14 (360) and the GC was only good on NBA 2k14; and then later someone said they GC are only working on the 360 versions.

I really wish some of these issues would get ironed out. It is aggravating to bring games up and have the promos not work.

leak ...
leak ...
leak ...
The deal

I really hope there's some sort of deal for people who only want to buy one and not both Pokemon games.

I hope there's a deal for both kinds, since I'm hoping to get three copies (Y for me, X for my brother and sister).
Yeah, I should have said 'too.' I have no issue with folks who want to pick up both, but I'm hoping I can grab a copy of Y and get a gift card or discount on something other than X.

I don't know man... according to the OP I figured the $15 GC was good for all those sports games but I tried to buy NHL 14 (PS3) and NBA 2k14 (360) and the GC was only good on NBA 2k14; and then later someone said they GC are only working on the 360 versions.
I really wish some of these issues would get ironed out. It is aggravating to bring games up and have the promos not work.
confirmed that the deal does not work for ps3 versions. I tried nba 2k14 and it was a no go. The OP needs to be updated :/

Unfortunately, the $15 gift card is only good for the XBox 360 version. I tried to get the gift card but everything in-store indicates XB360
Version only.

I got lucky though. My sales associate was kind enough to still give me the gift card by dropping the price $15 and then having me pay for a $15 gift card. Works out the same way. Unexpected, but very nice she did that for me.

The Pokemon X/Y will have a deal. Not quite as good as the B/W deal was a few years ago, but just about as close...
Will it be closer to what the deal for B/W was (B1G150%, bonus stylus pack for each) or closer to the B/W2 deal (buy a game get another Pokemon item $19.99 or less for $5, character coins on release day)?

X/Y is confirmed to have a deal

And the XL is selling out fast, you might want to go get one today if you really want it.
The girlfriend wants to play X/Y and lacks a 3DS. She is considering what 3DS to get and looking for deals. If no deal can be found, I am thinking she'll get the red Pokemon XL.

confirmed that the deal does not work for ps3 versions. I tried nba 2k14 and it was a no go. The OP needs to be updated :/

Unfortunately, the $15 gift card is only good for the XBox 360 version. I tried to get the gift card but everything in-store indicates XB360
Version only.

I got lucky though. My sales associate was kind enough to still give me the gift card by dropping the price $15 and then having me pay for a $15 gift card. Works out the same way. Unexpected, but very nice she did that for me.
Pretty stupid IMO to set up a promotion like that.

I do think Kmart is doing $10 worth of SYWR points (10,000) on NBA 2k14 which works out better for me anyways as I always have $10 off $50 coupons laying around.

I was told at my local TRU (Parma Ohio) that the $15 gift card was only good for the 360 versions of NBA 2k14 etc. 

Is there a reason PS3 was excluded?

I was told at my local TRU (Parma Ohio) that the $15 gift card was only good for the 360 versions of NBA 2k14 etc.

Is there a reason PS3 was excluded?
I would just a like a response as to why a promotion would be programmed for a specific console only when it is a multi platform game. I can understand cutting out nintendo or the handhelds where the games may be tiered at a lower price but if you're going to do a promotion on one of the major consoles you should do it on the other.

I would just a like a response as to why a promotion would be programmed for a specific console only when it is a multi platform game. I can understand cutting out nintendo or the handhelds where the games may be tiered at a lower price but if you're going to do a promotion on one of the major consoles you should do it on the other.
I've requested an update on this from the team as well, doesn't make sense to me either.

I would 100% give this to you but honestly, I don't know it, I haven't been given the October deals yet or authority to even post them. I'll try again tomorrow for sure.
I would have thought they would have told you by now.

In addition to deals for Pokemon X/Y I would love to know of any deals for Skylanders SWAPForce. Thanks.
There will be a general sale for swapforce. No individual sales on starters though.

If TRU has a deal with buy a Pokemon guide and get the guide for free I would be happy.

No freebies with Pokemon this time. You will have to buy 2 games to get in on the deal, does not have to be pokemon games.

No freebies with Pokemon this time. You will have to buy 2 games to get in on the deal, does not have to be pokemon games.
So next week's going to have a generic Buy 1Get 1 40% off deal on all (at least) 3DS games. Ok, then.

What about bonus swag? Last release had those coins, release before that had decal stickers... They're not usually announced officially until just before release, so any of those planned?

bread's done
Back