TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I pre-ordered Pokémon X and Y and got 2 $10 coupons.  Since I can only use them on regularly priced games $39.99 and up, I can't combine them with B1G1 40%.  I'll probably just save the coupons for Black Friday and the inevitable B2G1 free sale.

I pre-ordered Pokémon X and Y and got 2 $10 coupons. Since I can only use them on regularly priced games $39.99 and up, I can't combine them with B1G1 40%. I'll probably just save the coupons for Black Friday and the inevitable B2G1 free sale.
Do you mean that you will get the coupons when you purchase because I preordered today and fine print says I'll get the coupon when picking up the game?
Also associates had no idea about the preorders. In fact I was going to preorder bf4 and watch dogs and associate told me not to until I was sure how and IF the coupon worked. Either really nice on his part or really dumb.

Do you mean that you will get the coupons when you purchase because I preordered today and fine print says I'll get the coupon when picking up the game?
Also associates had no idea about the preorders. In fact I was going to preorder bf4 and watch dogs and associate told me not to until I was sure how and IF the coupon worked. Either really nice on his part or really dumb.
I have the coupons now. They're good from 10/12/13 to 2/4/14 on any regularly priced game at $39.99 and up. I had to present the pre-order card I grabbed off a rack shown in fuze9's post above. The cashier scanned both barcodes for X and Y and I paid a dollar for each pre-order, then he gave me 2 coupons out of drawer behind the register.

I have the coupons now. They're good from 10/12/13 to 2/4/14 on any regularly priced game at $39.99 and up. I had to present the pre-order card I grabbed off a rack shown in fuze9's post above. The cashier scanned both barcodes for X and Y and I paid a dollar for each pre-order, then he gave me 2 coupons out of drawer behind the register.
At least you found an associate that knew something about the coupons, though I'm quite sure they shouldn't have been given out until you picked up the preorders. ;)

I figure worst case scenario on Saturday, if the b1g1 doesn't automatically work when getting my preorders, I'll ask the manager to price modify. Would be pretty silly to not give someone a sale price because they reserved a copy of something before hand. Same thing with the coupons promised on the preorder card.

OK. Thanks. But now I'm really confused. Josh or prim - when are we supposed to get the coupon? I asked for it and they said they didn't have any and the fine print says you get it when you pick it up. This is getting to be as frustrating as kmart.

OK. Thanks. But now I'm really confused. Josh or prim - when are we supposed to get the coupon? I asked for it and they said they didn't have any and the fine print says you get it when you pick it up. This is getting to be as frustrating as kmart.
The coupons are to be given out with the game when the pre order is picked up. The store Silverspud went to is giving the coupons out at the wrong time. Good for him, but don't expect this to happen at your local store.

Will you relax. Its obvious you get it at pickup. The person who got them right now got them from a dumb employee.

The coupons are to be given out with the game when the pre order is picked up. The store Silverspud went to is giving the coupons out at the wrong time. Good for him, but don't expect this to happen at your local store.
So if I were to go Toys R Us to pick up my pre order and had a different cashier than I did when I placed it, would I possibly get a 2nd set of $10 coupons? Not trying to be greedy. B1G1 40% and my current coupons are more than enough for these games, buy my inner CAG is frothing at the mouth for more potential savings.

Hi,

I'm interested in attending a midnight opening for SWAPFORCE but the nearest location for me is 30 mins away. The nearest TRS near me in 10 minutes away.

My question is, can I go buy the $1 pre order card at the TRS near me and then redeem it at the TRS that's participating in the midnight launch? This will save me a trip where I drive there just to pre order.

Thank you

Hi,

I'm interested in attending a midnight opening for SWAPFORCE but the nearest location for me is 30 mins away. The nearest TRS near me in 10 minutes away.

My question is, can I go buy the $1 pre order card at the TRS near me and then redeem it at the TRS that's participating in the midnight launch? This will save me a trip where I drive there just to pre order.

Thank you
I'm not sure but I would seriously doubt it since a pre order is essentially a way of holding a game for you, so I would doubt that they can be redeemed anywhere as it might create problems and defeat the purpose of pre ordering.

So if I were to go Toys R Us to pick up my pre order and had a different cashier than I did when I placed it, would I possibly get a 2nd set of $10 coupons? Not trying to be greedy. B1G1 40% and my current coupons are more than enough for these games, buy my inner CAG is frothing at the mouth for more potential savings.
Easily yes. You got lucky. You were supposed to receive the coupon at the time of purchase not pre order.

My issue that tru feels the need to give you a stupid card with preorder. Join us in 2013 and put us in an online database like everyone else.

Prim,

My store was unaware o this preorder promotion and they are usually on top of these things. The only preorder cards I could find in the gaming section where the latest Skylander ones. I have seen ones before for games like NBA2K, Madden, COD, etc but I don't see them anymore.

Am I just looking for generic preorder deposit cards for the games on the eligible list? The employees I spoke with also weren't aware of any coupons; should they have those already or will they come at a later date?

Prim,

My store was unaware o this preorder promotion and they are usually on top of these things. The only preorder cards I could find in the gaming section where the latest Skylander ones. I have seen ones before for games like NBA2K, Madden, COD, etc but I don't see them anymore.

Am I just looking for generic preorder deposit cards for the games on the eligible list? The employees I spoke with also weren't aware of any coupons; should they have those already or will they come at a later date?
Post no. 1493, on page 50, contains a picture that showcases the front and back of the pre-order card that you are searching for.

How is shipping for TRU.com? I am debating on nabbing Pikmin 3 and Pokemon X for $84 shipped with all the free shipping thrown in if they ship fast enough.

Welcome back. If you can, please suggest to TRU that they stop excluding video games in EVERY coupon.

That's why I stopped shopping there.

And good job with Frontburnr so far!
This, so much. They'd have my business if they let us use coupons on games. lol

This is extremely lucky, admittedly I took advantage of a similar occurence at Target when HeartGold and SoulSilver came out and with the pre-order toys as well. lol >_>

This is extremely lucky, admittedly I took advantage of a similar occurence at Target when HeartGold and SoulSilver came out and with the pre-order toys as well. lol >_>

Picked up X and Y for myself and a friend, unfortunately we don't have a store close enough to get the $10 coupons. Still cheaper than buying anywhere else though!

Picked up X and Y for myself and a friend, unfortunately we don't have a store close enough to get the $10 coupons. Still cheaper than buying anywhere else though!
Lucky you! Did they have it out already on the shelf?

I went to my ToyRus.... 30+ min drive to see if they have those pre-order card thing. Turned out the promotion won't start until a couple of weeks? Wasted a trip... maybe I'll just PM at BB...

I know CAG doesn't like adscans, but a facebook page has a (somewhat) blurry picture of the front page of next week's ad.

Buy One Get 1 40% off ALL video games! Plus it looks like Skylanders and Disney Infinity characters are included. There are 3 words under the words "Plus All Skylanders and Disney Infinity" that I can't read.

Some stores are opening at midnight, but every store is opening at 8AM for the skylanders swapforce  event.

Lucky you! Did they have it out already on the shelf?

I went to my ToyRus.... 30+ min drive to see if they have those pre-order card thing. Turned out the promotion won't start until a couple of weeks? Wasted a trip... maybe I'll just PM at BB...
Definitely not true--I had no problems whatsoever preordering X & Y at my local TRU tonight using one of the preorder cards.

just got back from tru

they had plenty of pre order slips and i made a reservation for pokemon x and y. while i was getting ringed up, i asked the guy to confirm that they would qualify for b1g1 40% off deal and he and (i guess) manager told me that it wouldn't since that deal wasn't intended for new releases. both of them didn't seem too sure though. 

i found this pretty hard to believe since im assuming their system would just ring it up like any other 3ds game and automatically apply the discount. just letting everyone else know.

oh and my store's employee didnt know about the pre order promotion either. ill probably go back to the store tomorrow and keep one of the pre order slips (they kept it when they scanned it) just to be safe. that way i at least get a $10 coupon if the games actually dont get the sale price. this is probably why some stores dont have any pre order slips in store.

just got back from tru

they had plenty of pre order slips and i made a reservation for pokemon x and y. while i was getting ringed up, i asked the guy to confirm that they would qualify for b1g1 40% off deal and he and (i guess) manager told me that it wouldn't since that deal wasn't intended for new releases. both of them didn't seem too sure though.

i found this pretty hard to believe since im assuming their system would just ring it up like any other 3ds game and automatically apply the discount. just letting everyone else know.

oh and my store's employee didnt know about the pre order promotion either. ill probably go back to the store tomorrow and keep one of the pre order slips (they kept it when they scanned it) just to be safe. that way i at least get a $10 coupon if the games actually dont get the sale price. this is probably why some stores dont have any pre order slips in store.
Definitely go back to get the preorder card, because you're supposed to bring that with your receipt to get the coupon(s). I'd staple the the receipt and card together to be safe (the employee at my TRU did that).

Pre-ordered X and Y today. Haven't been on CAG for a while but logged in to give a heads up since I have been following this thread. There is already a stack of coupons at my TRU and the casher gave me 1 coupon for $10 any $39.99 or more and another coupon for $15 off $59.99. The cashier gave me one of each since I was asking her about the B1G1 40% deal and anything I could use to buy GTA. I have both coupons on me. 

Definitely go back to get the preorder card, because you're supposed to bring that with your receipt to get the coupon(s). I'd staple the the receipt and card together to be safe (the employee at my TRU did that).
thanks for the heads up. ill stop by after work tomorrow. hopefully, they dont decide to move them out of sight or anything.

Pre-ordered X and Y today. Haven't been on CAG for a while but logged in to give a heads up since I have been following this thread. There is already a stack of coupons at my TRU and the casher gave me 1 coupon for $10 any $39.99 or more and another coupon for $15 off $59.99. The cashier gave me one of each since I was asking her about the B1G1 40% deal and anything I could use to buy GTA. I have both coupons on me.
That's definitely not what was supposed to happen--you're supposed to get those coupons when you preorder and pick up eligible games ($10 coupon for $39.99 titles, $15 coupon for $59.99 titles)--so consider yourself lucky, I guess.

Definitely not true--I had no problems whatsoever preordering X & Y at my local TRU tonight using one of the preorder cards.
I got to speak with their manager... They say that pre-order promotion was not going into effect for at least 2 more weeks....... Maybe it was just that store.. But I am not going to waste my time trying another. :whee:

I got to speak with their manager... They say that pre-order promotion was not going into effect for at least 2 more weeks....... Maybe it was just that store.. But I am not going to waste my time trying another. :whee:
Assuming that store had the preorder cards available, how can it not go into effect for 2 more weeks if two of the games portrayed on the card--Pokemon X and Pokemon Y--come out this Saturday?!

I'd point this out to the manager if you're able to stop by again this week.

So, does TRU.com charge you when ordering, or when they ship?
Well, I Googled it before I placed my order and I read it was when it was shipped but it looks like they charged my credit card when I placed my order - the games I preordered do not come out till 11/19

Well, I Googled it before I placed my order and I read it was when it was shipped but it looks like they charged my credit card when I placed my order - the games I preordered do not come out till 11/19
Pulled right from their website..

"Calculating Your Delivery Date: Pre-Order Items

Pre-Order items are available for purchase on the Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us website in advance of the manufacturer's general public release date. Pre-Order items are shipped directly to you once the stated release date arrives and you will be notified of your order status via email. You will not be charged for any item until it is shipped to you. Expected shipment time for each item will be shown in your cart. Please note, expected shipment times appearing in your cart specify when an item is expected to leave our warehouse, not when it will arrive at its final shipping destination. Release dates may vary based on the manufacturer."

I am going to contact them to find out why my credit card was charged,

soo... can I pre-order both X and Y twice?
and then buy 2 copies of each on saturday?

and use the first pair of gift cards on the second purchase?

~64 for two games,
then ~44 for the next two?

Anyone know when it was that TRUs were supposed to receive the pre order cards? They didn't have them 2 days ago but I might call and see if they have them now.

I know CAG doesn't like adscans, but a facebook page has a (somewhat) blurry picture of the front page of next week's ad.

Buy One Get 1 40% off ALL video games! Plus it looks like Skylanders and Disney Infinity characters are included. There are 3 words under the words "Plus All Skylanders and Disney Infinity" that I can't read.

Some stores are opening at midnight, but every store is opening at 8AM for the skylanders swapforce event.
To confirm the ad scan you can check the Toys R Us Site Map, 0-9. For 10/13/13 the Buy 1 get one 40% off all videogames is listed. They ran this same deal on Giants last year. Will pick up the Xbox 360 and 3DS version of the game with this deal!

Just got back from TRU, pre-ordered both X and Y without issues. They also had a shit ton of game accessories on sale, so i ended up with a nice sized DSi XL case for my new 3DS XL and a Vita Card case.

When I was chatting with the guy he also ended up checking in the back to see if they had any of the strategy guides since they already had their game stock in, but apparently they don't come out till later.

so if I pick up x at midnight and then get it with the sale at tru in the morning can I return that copy to walmart to get back my $40? I'm fairly sure I can as long as I have the receipt but I'd just like sone confirmation

Has anyone found these cards in NY? I'm getting back home Friday night at like 7 and TRU closes at 10. Is it worth it to rush over there?

I went to the TRU in hazlet new Jersey. When I asked about preordering the games they looked at me like I had two heads at first. Eventually told me they weren't taking preorders for the games but they had planes! .... Maybe ill try again Friday.

bread's done
Back