TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the TRU in hazlet new Jersey. When I asked about preordering the games they looked at me like I had two heads at first. Eventually told me they weren't taking preorders for the games but they had planes! .... Maybe ill try again Friday.
There are stacks of them at the East Brunswick location. You can find them right at the cash register in the video game area. Cashier said the coupons will be available at the time of pick up.

They also have signs up saying Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off till Saturday on all 3DS games.

Does anyone know if these preorders only work at the store you bought them at? or can I buy from one store and go to another and get the credit?

Did they take your name down or anything when you preordered?

Does anyone know if these preorders only work at the store you bought them at? or can I buy from one store and go to another and get the credit?

Did they take your name down or anything when you preordered?
Need to pick up at the same store where you preordered.

They did not ask for my name, but I did provide my rewards card so they might have gotten my name there.

There are stacks of them at the East Brunswick location. You can find them right at the cash register in the video game area. Cashier said the coupons will be available at the time of pick up.

They also have signs up saying Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off till Saturday on all 3DS games.
Thanks!

I'll keep that in mind. Im literally a 10 minute walk from the Hazlet store though and I work right next to it at my second job....

Well, I Googled it before I placed my order and I read it was when it was shipped but it looks like they charged my credit card when I placed my order - the games I preordered do not come out till 11/19
Just a followup - TRU responded to my e-mail. They place a hold on your credit card for 3-7 days (depends on your bank) just to authorize the funds. It is only withdrawn when the item is shipped.

for the people who combined the pokemon and zelda online, or just general TRU preorders in general, how long do they take to ship..afraid of pokemon arriving a full week after release.

for the people who combined the pokemon and zelda online, or just general TRU preorders in general, how long do they take to ship..afraid of pokemon arriving a full week after release.
It's standard shipping so 3-8 business days :(. For some reason you can't even use shoprunner for 2 day shipping.

I am buying Pokemon X and Y for my son.  An interesting thing I notice is that even if the 40% off does not work, I would end up with two $10 coupons.  I can buy X and Y for $60 total with the coupons and return the two that I originally preordered.  This comes out even cheaper than the 40% off discount ($64 total).

Also worth noting is that the coupons don't expire until 2/1/2014.

I am buying Pokemon X and Y for my son. An interesting thing I notice is that even if the 40% off does not work, I would end up with two $10 coupons. I can buy X and Y for $60 total with the coupons and return the two that I originally preordered. This comes out even cheaper than the 40% off discount ($64 total).

You're a shady dude.

I am buying Pokemon X and Y for my son. An interesting thing I notice is that even if the 40% off does not work, I would end up with two $10 coupons. I can buy X and Y for $60 total with the coupons and return the two that I originally preordered. This comes out even cheaper than the 40% off discount ($64 total).

thanks dude, will do that now :)

Will toys r us have sufficient stock? I havent gone to a pokemon launch since leaf green and fire red and they had enough. Pearl I got the 2nd day but I havent gotten a day one since.

How has there still been no confirmation on wether the pre-orders will still give us the buy one get one 40%.. I mean I feel like it should but because the $10 coupons seem to have so many restrictions on it I wouldnt be surprised if this does not work as well. I was able to preorder both of them with the cards so I guess I will just wait and see... Also I am very disappointed on all the limitations of the coupons but I understand with all the scamming that went on during the Kmart days(I miss those so), my thought process will be a B1G50% on any 2 new release/full price 3ds games whenever I want. I will be happier with that mentality and appreciate the deal more lol 

I'm excited to see big things might be coming to toys r us. I loved reading comments and deals from Josh at Kmart. Got back into gaming for that reason mainly. Saturday will be a test for me swapping to tru mainly.

If I can go in and get pokemon x and y for $64 plus get 2 $10 preorder coupons, I would board the coupon train again

Will toys r us have sufficient stock? I havent gone to a pokemon launch since leaf green and fire red and they had enough. Pearl I got the 2nd day but I havent gotten a day one since.
I don't know about your store... but mine since I knew the manager, he let me take a peek at his inventory on Pokemon XY... they had it in the store since Monday? Roughly 50 of each... so I would assume that your good.

I posted this in the Skylanders thread also but this seems to get more traffic.

Has anybody got any updates on how TRU is going to handle the other free figure, on top of the free LC Hex, they were promoting when you preordered a Swap Force Starter Pack? I remember getting an email about it awhile back and never saw it posted after that.

What restrictions are on the coupons?
The $10 coupon can only be used on a regularly-priced (i.e., not on sale) $39.99+ game, while the $15 coupon is the same but for a $59.99+ game. People are limited to 5 coupons total. You also can't stack coupons (i.e., one coupon applied per game), and they're good through 2/1/14.

The $10 coupon can only be used on a regularly-priced (i.e., not on sale) $39.99+ game, while the $15 coupon is the same but for a $59.99+ game. People are limited to 5 coupons total. You also can't stack coupons (i.e., one coupon applied per game), and they're good through 2/1/14.
What do you mean 5 coupons total? Like per game or if I get 2 coupons for pokemon x and y this weekend I can only get 3 more preorder coupons ever?

Damn, no TRU within 20 miles of me has Fire Emblem in stock. Any suggestions as to which 3DS game I should get along side Pokemon?

I already have these btw:

Super Mario 3D Land

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Super Street Fighter IV

Luigi's Mansion

Animal Crossing

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team

I was thinking maybe Mario Kart 7 but I already rented it once (from Gamefly) and got about half way through it. The lengthier the game the better.

Does Target do Shin Megami Tensei IV? If so that.

Also, I'm debating between using the 40% on Killzone Mercenary or Mario and Luigi Dream Team

Damn, no TRU within 20 miles of me has Fire Emblem in stock. Any suggestions as to which 3DS game I should get along side Pokemon?

Super Mario 3D Land
Super Street Fighter IV
Luigi's Mansion
Animal Crossing

I was thinking maybe Mario Kart 7 but I already rented it once (from Gamefly) and got about half way through it. The lengthier the game the better.
Project X Zone.

Super Mario 3D Land
Super Street Fighter IV
Luigi's Mansion
Animal Crossing

I havent played dream team yet but you can't go wrong with super Mario land or Zelda.

Here's the coupon:

TRU_zpsc398d887.png

Barcode removed. UPC is generic, not unique.

How is the coupon distributed, is it already a physical coupon in the store? Do they just hand it to you or is there some sort of register prompt? I think that will be a big factor in whether the coupon generation and 40% off will stack.

How is the coupon distributed, is it already a physical coupon in the store? Do they just hand it to you or is there some sort of register prompt? I think that will be a big factor in whether the coupon generation and 40% off will stack.
I'd really doubt it not stacking. The way they timed these deals is too much to indicate them not doing. The TRU employee I was yapping with said the same when I pre-ordered today (about them stacking) but that's complete anecdotal evidence if anything.

You can use the coupon tomorrow. TECHNICALLY, you can use the coupon on the pre-order you're picking up (if the cashier will allow you to).

They have the coupons in a drawer somewhere. It doesn't print out with your receipt, you can somehow grab a handful of these and use them however you like. They're just supposed to give you one when you pick up your pre-order.

No clue how it works with the B1G1 40%. Coupon wasn't valid today and the manager who gave them to me said they shouldn't work (the full price game could not be discounted is what he said).

If it's automatic and works, fine. Don't expect anything though. It's just a universal barcode they scan to activate the discount.

CPN ITEM # XXXXX

Oh. Yeah there's no issue whatsoever with picking up your pre-order via B1G1 40% and GETTING the $10 off coupons. They have a stack of them. Don't leave without one. The employee working there had no idea they were even running such a promo :)

I actually have three copies of X and Y (total, not each) pre-ordered, two on one receipt, one on another (with an extra game I'm planning on buying with that third one with the 40% off). Hopefully, I can use that $20 together (can I stack them?) on the second receipt.

I actually have three copies of X and Y (total, not each) pre-ordered, two on one receipt, one on another (with an extra game I'm planning on buying with that third one with the 40% off). Hopefully, I can use that $20 together (can I stack them?) on the second receipt.
First off, no, you can't stack coupons.

Know one knows for sure how the coupon will work until it is used tomorrow and reported.

If it does work, you will be able to use the coupon on the first game, the 40% off game will fall below the $39.99 threshold for the coupon, thus the no stacking of coupons..

The coupon does say "regular price" game. Usually this wording excludes any item with a promo attached. If the coupon is keyed into the system to not work on any game with a promo attached, then the coupon will not work with any game in a B1G1 purchase as all games will be attached to this promo if bought with another game..

The coupon does say "regular price" game. Usually this wording excludes any item with a promo attached. If the coupon is keyed into the system to not work on any game with a promo attached, then the coupon will not work with any game in a B1G1 purchase as all games will be attached to this promo if bought with another game..
It does say "Not valid with any other "R"Us offer for same item" in the fine print...

I imagine that to be the case, which makes these coupons pretty goddamn bad. There's no reason to use them at all before Christmas given the number of sales, discounts, etc... that are going to happen.

The upside may be that the 10% CB for October can be combined with these coupons and be used on new releases in January.

Something I saw of note looking around tonight, if you text "POKEMONXY" to 78697 (it's toys r us text deal thing they do), you get a coupon sent to your phone for $2 off Pokemon X and $2 off Pokemon Y. Its active now, but I'm not sure if it officially kicks off on the 12th or 13th, nor if it combines with the buy one get one 40% off promo currently running.

Hey all, for some reason I'm just not receiving the offers in advance. I'll keep updating Sunday morning as I have been or as I receive the info but just wanted to give you a heads up.

Was told nope, that it would only work on a full priced game. I wasnt paying for the games anyway so I wasnt gonna be a cheapass with a birthday gift lol

No east coasters back with coupon success stories (I'm being optimistic) yet?
Mine said that it would come up as 20% off for each game, so I didn't push it. But then it was $39.99 for one and $23.99 for the other when I checked the receipt. TRU POS is p. stingy when it comes to deals so I'm assuming it wouldn't have worked if they tried.

bread's done
Back