TRU ad 12/25-12/31

jetsetmario

CAGiversary!
Select video game accesories up to 75% off. I know that is fairly vague but such is the ad. Pictured in the ad is the Intec PSP Pro starter kit, the Intec DS pro starter kit, and the Intec racing wheel that is compatiable with all current gen systems. All will be on sale for $10.

Here's where it gets even more vague however...
"Video Game Blowout! $4.99 and up."

Pictured in ad-
Baten Kaitos(GC)
Geist(GC)
Metroid Prime 2(GC)
Gran Turismo 4(PS2)
Transformers(PS2)
Dora the Explorer(PS2)
Dragonball Z Sagas(PS2)
Psychonauts(XBOX)
Bloodrayne 2(XBOX)
Spongebob Double Pack(GBA)

None of these games are currently $4.99 and many are actually still $49.99. Hardly a video game blowout.
Which leads me to believe that either:
1.) This sale will blow.
2.) There will be a crapload of markdowns next week.
3.) There will be a crapload of temporary price reductions effective for the last week of december.

Personally I am guessing that it will be #1 but I just wanted to give you a heads up in case it turned out to be something BIG.

In other news the green tag sale goes to 70% that week.

[quote name='Quillion']I would get Geist for half off... 24.99 for geist isn't bad.[/QUOTE]

Yaeh.

I might actually get Madden 2006 if it's the right price there. Couple of other games worth 25 imo, Trapt, Shining Force Neo, Magna Carta etc etc

intresting...gt4 is 39.99 this week at best buy and using the 10 dollar off coupon will bring it to 29.99. im thinking 50% off for gt4, so i only save 5 bucks in the end , but its a gamble IF i wait til the last week of the year. I'll be in nyc that week anyways so I can always stop by the times square one

I bought metroid prime 2 for 15 bucks with price match at best buy on sunday.

"and up" is the one that really gets me. Psychonauts would be a steal for under $20 so I'll check it out.

yea, the ad really couldn't be more vague.

Though I should mention that the "Video Game Blowout!" as it's called is the front page of the ad.

i'd love to get Magna Carta. i'm trying to keep up to date on all those PS2 box sets that you know will be rare later. Trapt looked really interesting as well. i've got a couple deception games. anyway, does this mean green tage games revert from $10 to 70% off?

[quote name='pimp tyranny']anyway, does this mean green tage games revert from $10 to 70% off?[/QUOTE]

No. the only reason i mentioned the green tag thing is because video game accessories are still gt.

[quote name='jetsetmario']yea, the ad really couldn't be more vague.

Though I should mention that the "Video Game Blowout!" as it's called is the front page of the ad.[/QUOTE]

Mmmmm, pricematch. At least for

I don't think any TRU got Magna Carta. It was never recieved at my store and I didn't see it at either of the closest TRUs.

[quote name='Zon27']I don't think any TRU got Magna Carta. It was never recieved at my store and I didn't see it at either of the closest TRUs.[/QUOTE]

Ya, my store has yet to receive any either. =\

I wonder when these prices will change in the computer, or if there is any way to find out what is dropping to what before the 26th. I might just have to buy and price adjust/return....

We need a game list...something I am sure would be posted here if it existed.

All those for $4.99 got to be the crappy games they have for $9.99 now. I hope Psychonauts is going to be $25 or less, thats the one I want so far.

I don't care TRU have the game instock or not. As long as i have the TRU ADS i can go any stores & get them PRicematch (compusua, Walmart, BB, CC, Sears) ;)

[quote name='jetsetmario']yea, the ad really couldn't be more vague.

Though I should mention that the "Video Game Blowout!" as it's called is the front page of the ad.[/QUOTE]

sure it could...SALE...ther u go

[quote name='sonarrat']If there's a price-drop on a game I bought at full price yesterday, would they price-match to it?[/QUOTE]

Within 14 days, and only on items you bought at TRU, nowhere else.

As for anyone who cares, TRU simply will not carry titles purchasing/merchandising directors think won't sell. We never had Radiata Stories and it's likely you'll never see Magna Carta in a TRU either.

As for what games and what price? You'll know by Wednesday at the latest.

[quote name='ShinAkuma']As for what games and what price? You'll know by Wednesday at the latest.[/QUOTE]
Thank you.

There'll probably be a new thread to bring this up again, but bringing it to everyone's attention in case there's new word I haven't heard of.

Is it as good as it sounds? More to come...

Psychonauts will be one of the $9.98 games on Thursday. I'll pick one up if some one wants me to as I saw at least one copy today. I'm looking for Dark Cloud 2 which will also be $9.98 on Thursday. This sale should be a good opportunity for all us CAG's to do some trading for the games we want. PM away!

bread's done
Back