TRU ad 3/9-3-15 Wiis - Buy SSBB, Save 50% on guide & select games

MidnightMetal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Yeah don't have specifics on ad quite yet but do know that Wiis and obviously SSBB is in the ad. Once I see/hear more specifics I'll be sure to post so stay tune.

But yeah Wiis and SSBB, no deals on the two yet (cross fingers)!

*UPDATE 3/5*

pic from briandadude
RotoT.jpg

Deal seems to be buy SSB:B get one of the following Wii games for half off
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ($50)
Bee Movie($40)
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (i think $40)
Zack and Wiki ($30)
The Spiderwick Chronicles ($50)
MySims ($50)

and possibly the SSB:B guide book

[quote name='afilgueirasjr']First off every TRU WILL HAVE WIIs On Sunday 3/9 so get ready to get yours:
Ok now the deals;

Wii:
Buy SSBB get 50% off these selected games;
Mario and Sonic at the olympic games
BEE movie
Zack and Wiki
Rayman Raving Rabbits 2
Spiderwick Chronicals
My Sims
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Guide (Book)

Xbox 360, PS3, Ps2:
Buy One Great One 1/2 off these select titles:
Guitar Hero 3 (Software only)
Spiderman Friend or Foe
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 08
Skate
NFS Pro Street
Frontline Fuel Of War
Transformers
Tony Hawks Proving Ground
Simpsons Game
Hot Wheels Beat That
MX vs Atv Untamed
Monster Jam

Save $5 off these nickelodeon Games:
Dora Saves the Mermais Ps2 & ds
Go Diego Go Safari Rescue Ps2, ds, and Wii

Save $10 off These THQ DS games:
Zoo Tycoon 2
Paws& Claws Pet Resort
Are you Smarter Than a Fifth Grader
Spongebob Atlantis Squarepantis[/quote]

Thanks to afilgueirasjr for the list of deals from the ad!

Yeah Thank you afilgueirasjr, i just got the info last night, didn't have a chance to update then, thanks Midnightmetal

[quote name='Liquidrmx']does anyone know if Circuit city is doing the midnight launch?[/quote]

no. well at least not the cc i work at in PA. i'm hoping we will have it by sunday tho, i'll let everyone know when i hear more.

[quote name='Master Shake']You can only choose from six games as mentioned earlier.[/QUOTE]

I apologize, I didn't read the entire thread. I'll go check them out. Sorry!

Still this works... I need Zack and Wiki.

I just called my local TRU and the girl had no idea what I was talking about.. she asked management and they didn't know either. She just sounded like a clueless employee.

Is this EVERY TRU nationwide??

[quote name='XorpheusX']Wait, so is the deal what you said it was (50% one of six games that nobody wants (Bee Movie) or everyone has (Z&W)), or what everyone else said it was (50% off any Wii game)?

I'm getting confused.[/quote]

actually, i dont think everyone has Zack & Wiki, this will be a great opportunity for people who have been iffy about the game to finalyl get it cheaper and try it out and see what all the game reviews have been raving about. support your small innovative game designers!

[quote name='antilles26']actually, i dont think everyone has Zack & Wiki, this will be a great opportunity for people who have been iffy about the game to finalyl get it cheaper and try it out and see what all the game reviews have been raving about. support your small innovative game designers![/quote]

agreed, I'll be one picking it up for sure at this price

then again..depending on how much Sam's Club/Walmart put up Brawl for

I might bite on this deal, just to get Mario & Sonic. Wouldn't pay $50 for it, but $25 isn't bad.

(I already own and finished Zack and Wiki ;))

--R.J.

Has anyone else heard that Best Buy has a cache of Wii's stored up and will have a massive US Wii ad for Sunday 3/9, I heard something like 50 or more Wii's per store minimum. Obviously it sounds a tad far fetched.

I don't think I'm going to bite on Zack and Wiki for $15. It's gonna drop to $20 real soon I'm predicting, and I'd rather buy it when I have more money.

[quote name='morpheusx']Has anyone else heard that Best Buy has a cache of Wii's stored up and will have a massive US Wii ad for Sunday 3/9, I heard something like 50 or more Wii's per store minimum. Obviously it sounds a tad far fetched.[/quote]That's what Target did this past weekend when I bought mine. The store I went to had 66. All gone within the first hour, another one closeby had close to 100.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games looks like the only good game. it'd get it for free thanks to that gift card i got from galaxy if i decided to pick it up

[quote name='clortho']Still this works... I need Zack and Wiki.

I just called my local TRU and the girl had no idea what I was talking about.. she asked management and they didn't know either. She just sounded like a clueless employee.

Is this EVERY TRU nationwide??[/quote]

I work part time at TRU. Not everyone who works there is allowed to see the weekly adds in advance. They are also not sent out to the stores until the week before.

Zack and Wiki for 15$ = Sweet

Does anyone know if I just put the $50 down on Brawl I could get the 50% off right then and there and just get @ the Olympics for $25 today instead of having to wait until next Sunday to get it? Thanks in advance for the response.

[quote name='cheapwiigamer']Does anyone know if I just put the $50 down on Brawl I could get the 50% off right then and there and just get @ the Olympics for $25 today instead of having to wait until next Sunday to get it? Thanks in advance for the response.[/quote]No, you only put $5 down with the reserve ticket and the deal is only valid when the game is PICKED UP.. I tried the same thing the other day when I placed my pre-order, no dice.

Hmm, I think I'll just stick to BB with my 10% off coupon + $5 Reward Zone. Not interested in Mario and Sonic, not even for $25...

Damn shame it couldn't be any other game tho, there are plenty I'd want to pick up for 50% off...

I'll get CC pircematch with TRU ad SSBB for $40 at CC (Pre-order deal) + $Zack and Wiki ($30 - 50%= $15) =$55 - 10% off coupon = $49.50 plus taxes. :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']I'll get CC pircematch with TRU ad SSBB for $40 at CC (Pre-order deal) + $Zack and Wiki ($30 - 50%= $15) =$55 - 10% off coupon = $49.50 plus taxes. :)[/quote]Would they even do that?? I'm a little skeptical.. I wouldn't think they'd be able to match the 50% off deal..

Thanks for the heads up. I still have my $25 giftcard to use for SSBB.

I had already planned on getting Z&W so the restrictions don't really effect me:bouncy:

I was talking to my store director today (at tru) and he mentioned that guitar hero for the wii might also be 69.99 again...
i should have a copy of the ad soon so ill try to get it up

[quote name='Dragon_Master']So is the buy SSBB and get 50% off select games confirmed?[/QUOTE]

Not for me. Checked with TRU W. Paterson NJ, out of pre-order tickets. Asked "clerk" anyway about the deal, he and his co-worker claimed that offer is not in effect for pre-order holders.
Then again, the "workers" were half-mongoloids so...

[quote name='ILMSTMF']Not for me. Checked with TRU W. Paterson NJ, out of pre-order tickets. Asked "clerk" anyway about the deal, he and his co-worker claimed that offer is not in effect for pre-order holders.
Then again, the "workers" were half-mongoloids so...[/quote]The TRU employee who sold me my presale looked like he was a lost member of the Manson family.

This deal BETTER be nationwide otherwise I'll be pissed. I could have pre-ordered ths anywhere else for the same price - my only incentive for TRU is the 50% off!!

And why wouldn't they cater to pre-order holders?? That makes no sense, alienate the people that want to make sure they get a copy?? Not only that, but I've heard a lot of stores are getting JUST enough to fill pre-orders!! WTF!!

I hope that isn't true..

Why would they cater to people who preorder? Preordering only costs $5. Plenty of people would pay the $5 to get 50% off of a game regardless of whether or not they want SSBB.

[quote name='glam']Why would they cater to people who preorder? Preordering only costs $5. Plenty of people would pay the $5 to get 50% off of a game regardless of whether or not they want SSBB.[/quote]Lol, ok. That's still a load of horeshit, especially if they don't plan on getting that many copies besides pre-orders in. Smells of bait and switch to me.. BUT that was the word of one Toys R Us employee. I'm not worried.

I went ahead and preordered at TRU cause I'd have no use for that $25 gc otherwise. Can we expect the game to be in on Sunday or will I have to wait till Monday/Tuesday?

The deal with smash bros at tru is that each store is gonna get twice the number of preorders they received... so yes they will definitely have it on sunday...

Ill be picking this up at TRU....I dont care if there is no deal for this anymore..I just want the game.

Deal is confirmed. Read my earlier post. We have been told that our allocation has already been given out so you may not see any presell tickets out...

[quote name='bardiya27']Any confirmation on that free guide?[/quote]

The SSBB guide is not free although it is 50% if you buy the game (price of game guide $19.99)

[quote name='lolmister']Any coupons that are able to be used with the buy 1 get the second one half off deal?[/quote]

There are a couple of coupons you can use, the two I can think of are actually sent out through the mail (only if your on TRU's mailing list).

If so, one is a $10 off a purchase of $50 or more, and other is 20% off one item(yes the most expensive one).

Now both of these coupons were only sent to people who are on the TRU mailing list

I called my TRU and they told me the deal was as follow

If you preorder the game you get any 1 other game for 50% off

I asked her if she was sure and she said she was sure. Looks like I am going to go preorder a copy after work :)

Xbox 360, PS3, Ps2:
Buy One Great One 1/2 off these select titles:
Guitar Hero 3 (Software only)
Spiderman Friend or Foe
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 08
Skate
NFS Pro Street
Frontline Fuel Of War
Transformers
Tony Hawks Proving Ground
Simpsons Game
Hot Wheels Beat That
MX vs Atv Untamed
Monster Jam

Lame, I was excited to see Skate on there as I have grown very fond of the demo, but that's the only game I see on the list that I want. And as far as I know, there isn't GH3 software only for the ps3.

[quote name='Dragon_Master']I called my TRU and they told me the deal was as follow

If you preorder the game you get any 1 other game for 50% off

I asked her if she was sure and she said she was sure. Looks like I am going to go preorder a copy after work :)[/quote]

lol

I hope you don't fall for that. They just want to get another metric and figured you were gullible enough to fall for it.

Zack and Wiki being 50% off isn't a bad deal... i mean it's not great but that would be my second pick behind no more heroes.

i called two stores to try and get clarification if its any game or the listed 6 games. both stores said there are no promotions for ssbb....

well despite my local stores being full of morons, im still going to purchase it there. if possible ill be getting it with no more heroes, otherwise ill be just as happy to pick up zack & wiki.

Put my $5 down for a preorder... I'll probably grab Rayman since I have Mario & Sonic and Zack & Wiki already. Unless MySims is really freakin awesome and somebody recommends it...

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']lol

I hope you don't fall for that. They just want to get another metric and figured you were gullible enough to fall for it.[/quote]

I was planning on preordering it anyways so I may as well try TRU and see if I can get a game at half off.

This is probably a stupid question but i never pre-ordered anything from the TRU stores before so i just had to verify. If you preorder the game for $5 is the $5 just like a down payment and you pay $45(and tax) when you pick it up, or is it 5 just to guarantee the game, and you still have to pay 50?

bread's done
Back