TRU B1G1 40% off, G1 free PH (360) - Glitch!

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
TRU has sales of B1G1 40% off on PS3/360 games, as well as a B2G1 free sale on PH/Family games. And in true TRU fashion, these sales stack.

I rang up 3 $19.99 PH games and it looked like this.

Ninja Gaiden 2 - $19.99
Fable 2 - $11.99
Halo Wars - $0.00

I believe this is my first time actually making a thread. Nothing for me, but figure it's pretty good for those who like buying new games instead of used.

edit: No additional discount is taken if 6 games are purchased at a time. They show up 2 for $20, 2 for $12 & 2 free.

edit 2: This is in store only on 360 games only. Reported to still be active as of Tuesday 6/8.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant get it to work online (plus the PH selection online sucks).

Gonna take it as its instore only, but good fine neverthe less

[quote name='dcm1602']Cant get it to work online (plus the PH selection online sucks).
[/QUOTE]

Does the PH selection not suck in store? The selection pretty much sucks at the TRU near me.

so essentially you are fuck if you want to get 3 ps3 games correct? Seeing as there are no PH (platinum hits, I believe to whoever asked). Does this include GH too? I can't find anything on the net about these promos so thats why I ask.

[quote name='harrymcback']Does the PH selection not suck in store? The selection pretty much sucks at the TRU near me.[/QUOTE]

No idea but the OP got like Fable 2, Ninja Gaiden, Halo wars, none of which are available online.

Not to say those are great games, but for the price id say he certainly got a deal

[quote name='au7oma7ic']so essentially you are fuck if you want to get 3 ps3 games correct? Seeing as there are no PH (platinum hits, I believe to whoever asked).[/quote]Well, it's a glitch. It's not like someone at TRU maliciously had some grudge against Triple owners.

Does this include GH too? I can't find anything on the net about these promos so thats why I ask.
It's a good question. If anyone can tell us, let us know.

Grrrr. TRU has been having some great glitches recently. Whoever leaves to try it out, why not try ringing up six games to see what happens? Seeing as it's the least common denominator of two and three, something interesting could happen. :D

[quote name='au7oma7ic']so essentially you are fuck if you want to get 3 ps3 games correct?[/QUOTE]
Well I did put 360 in the title, but the B2G1 sale is only for 360. Only the B1G1 40% sale applies to PS also.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Will The Saboteur work as a Platinum Hit, since its price is 19.99?[/QUOTE]
No, it must be in the platinum hits packaging.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Grrrr. TRU has been having some great glitches recently. Whoever leaves to try it out, why not try ringing up six games to see what happens? Seeing as it's the least common denominator of two and three, something interesting could happen. :D[/QUOTE]
Doh! I wish I would've thought of that when I was at work! I'll try calling and see if the chick working in RZone now will ring it up for me.

I never cashier'd there but I believe the discount is taken after hitting total. They can still cancel it since you haven't started paying.

I actually bumped up the B2G1 on Platinum Hits thread earlier today and came here to report this same thing. I just did this at the Schaumburg IL TRU.

The games have to be from the Platinum OR Family Hits line. Their selection is fairly slim right now. All I saw were the following:
Ninja Gaiden II
Assassins Creed
Marvel UA (29.99 - wtf)
Halo Wars
Fable II
Mass Effect
Sonic's UGC
Call of Duty 3
Cars
GTA IV (29.99)
Halo 3 (29.99)
Gears of War

They had other games which have made the line like Force Unleashed, but it wasn't shown to be part of the promotion since it was the old box. I didn't feel like arguing about what "should be" part of the sale. They seperated these games out to an in-store standee, and the M rated ones were in the case.

I bought
Fable II: 19.99
Mass Effect: 11.99
Gears of War: Free

35.xx with tax here in IL. Not a bad deal.

[quote name='mattcube64']Going in in a couple minutes.... Know if they have to total it, or if they can just ring it up and show me?[/QUOTE]
They do have to hit total for sale prices to show. They can cancel it just fine if you decide you don't want to go through with it, but if too many things (or too expensive of items? never know how this works) are deleted, a manager is required to total out again. This is why I'm not sure if the lady that took over for me for the night will do it when I call.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']why not try ringing up six games to see what happens?[/QUOTE]
Doesn't look like there's any super stacking. Just got off the phone and I was told two games show up $19.99, two $11.99 & two free. $63.96 before tax. Nice try though!

The platinum hits thing seems to be strictly Microsoft, as there is a special vendor display/ stand. Should have taken a pic, but I'm Driving home now... For anyone looking for a last game to make the third, lego star wars complete saga trades in at gs for 9 before the 50% bump.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well guys, I'm sorry. Went to the store in Independence, MO.

They had Ninja Gaiden and Halo Wars; but not a single other game I care about, so even for free, it wasn't worth splurging on the games I don't need.

But I figured I'd go ahead and see what happens when I ring six up for thesake of you guys. There was nobody in the games section for about five minutes, so I asked someone at a "real" register to call for someone. He did; I waited near the games for about seven more minutes, and no one came. So I said screw it and walked out.

Sorry; hope someone else can get some more info on this!

[quote name='mattcube64']Sorry; hope someone else can get some more info on this![/QUOTE]
I did. And I have now updated the OP with the info in case anyone else missed my double post.

[quote name='Gertle627']Doesn't look like there's any super stacking. Just got off the phone and I was told two games show up $19.99, two $11.99 & two free. $63.96 before tax. Nice try though![/QUOTE]
Haha, it was worth a shot. :p Thanks for calling and giving it a shot for me! :D

Does it qualify as a glitch if the coupons both do what they are intended to (i.e. not just giving 40% off everything), they just happen to overlap?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Does it qualify as a glitch if the coupons both do what they are intended to (i.e. not just giving 40% off everything), they just happen to overlap?[/QUOTE]
I think so. Most of the time they're not supposed to overlap. And with most of the recent TRU glitches, they were fixed before the end of the week, showing that they weren't intended to work together. Only time will tell on this one. It's not as awesome as some of the others, imo, so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they don't fix this one.

[quote name='J7.']tagged ty gertle[/QUOTE]
I feel silly for asking, but ... what? I didn't even know I tagged anything. Or what that even means.

[quote name='Gertle627']I think so. Most of the time they're not supposed to overlap. And with most of the recent TRU glitches, they were fixed before the end of the week, showing that they weren't intended to work together. Only time will tell on this one. It's not as awesome as some of the others, imo, so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they don't fix this one.

I feel silly for asking, but ... what? I didn't even know I tagged anything. Or what that even means.[/QUOTE]

he's saying "tagged. thank you gertle."

i read it originally as tagged by gertle as well.

anyway, i'm off to try this today and will report on whether it still works.

[quote name='confoosious']he's saying "tagged. thank you gertle."

i read it originally as tagged by gertle as well.[/QUOTE]
Oh! Haha, I read it so many times, don't know how I missed that. Thanks.

Please report back with success or failure so I can update the OP if need be.

Thanks OP. Used the $25 gc from RDR on release to get in on this. In the end, got RDR, Assasin's Creed, Sonic UGC, & Mass Effect for 67.00 + tax

So I would be able to buy Sonic and Sega Allstars Racing and get 40% off The Beatles Rock Band? Just want to make sure this ISN'T just PH games...

[quote name='confoosious']success as of today but they really have shit for selection. Halo Wars seems to be nonexistent.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the store selection is awful.

If they had everything in stock that would be one thing but my Toys R Us doesn't even carry 50% of the Platinum Hits when they're fully stocked, forget about a few days into a sale.

Was able to pick up Ninja Gaiden 2, Fable 2 and Halo Wars!

They even had RE5 at $29, SF IV $29 and plenty of Mass Effect which is a great game and a steal at that price!

Somehow the lady also gave me an additional $5 off making it $29 after tax!!!

bread's done
Back