TRU Buy 2 get 1 free info

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinAkuma

CAGiversary!
First off, I work at a TRU in Wisconsin. I very much know this to be true, coming from my manager, k?

Well, Nintendo Gamecube and Gameboy Advance is the week of October 17th.

Playstation 2 and XBox is the week of October 24th.

You can mix and match between the games for the systems on sale that week. So, you can mix and match PS2 and XBox, or GBA and Gamecube, but no PS2 and Gamecube or XBox and GBA, sadly.

Although, for some reason, our store calander for the month that we display entrance only mentions it being the week October 24th (stating no specific systems). However, that little store calandar has been wrong before. After all, it says Def Jam Fight for NY is out next week...

But once again, i've been reassured 2 days in a row now this will be the schedule. Enjoy your chance to get a free copy of GTA San Andreas!

[quote name='ShinAkuma']First off, I work at a TRU in Wisconsin. I very much know this to be true, coming from my manager, k?

Well, Nintendo Gamecube and Gameboy Advance is the week of October 17th.

Playstation 2 and XBox is the week of October 24th.

You can mix and match between the games for the systems on sale that week. So, you can mix and match PS2 and XBox, or GBA and Gamecube, but no PS2 and Gamecube or XBox and GBA, sadly.

Although, for some reason, our store calander for the month that we display entrance only mentions it being the week October 24th (stating no specific systems). However, that little store calandar has been wrong before. After all, it says Def Jam Fight for NY is out next week...

But once again, i've been reassured 2 days in a row now this will be the schedule. Enjoy your chance to get a free copy of GTA San Andreas![/quote]

I second this since I also heard the same thing from the store manager where i work(toys r us in VA), we also got a big display mentioning the buy 2 get the third 3 on videogames but no systems indicated up their.

:lol: might have to pick up 3 copies of san andreas for trading purposes :) (i work their, so it should be fairly easy to get multiple copies)

last i heard no, but then again we dident exspect to get la pucelle, cahnces look good though since its capcom

[quote name='nachzeher']Question, are you guys getting Shin Megami Tensei, the guys at my TRU couldn't tell me for sure.[/quote]

Honestly, at this point, I have no idea. Never bothered to ask.

And yeah, no combining some systems sucks. I only wanted Paper Mario for Gamecube, (since the good stuff doesn't show up until late November this year) and just wanted to get two other PS2 games. Bleh.

Yeah, the no combining pissed me off. I was going to get Nocturine and Paper Mario 2 and then pick up another game, looks like I may just got ahead and preorder Paper Mario 2 at outpost and then get Nocturine, Madden 2005, and NBA Live 2005 and then send in for a free EA game, making it buy 2 get 2. I wonder if that'll work. All I know is its worth a shot.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']what no ps1 games?[/quote]

I don't think they have many left after 50% sale :D

Edit: I used to leave on Bay 16 and Bath in Brooklyn ! Yo! :)

pass on DOR. It sucks. Even my friend who loves wrestling games and has bought everyone that has come out did not buy this one.

the controls are busted.

Speaking of wrestling games, it sucks that Raw vs Smackdown isn't out until November. I might have to find some cheap games and get credit for it a Game Rush.

Is there going to be a deal like that CC one a few months back. I have never really paid any attention to deals on games before CAG. Anyway, I think I will get Jak III, R&CUYA, and maybe MVC2...

Nice. Thanks for the confirmation. Its slightly disappointing that there will be no mix-and-match between PS2 and Gamecube, but I need to expand my GC library anyways, so it won't hurt me much.

I'm planning on picking up Wind Waker, Viewtiful Joe, and Animal Crossing for Gamecube. Has Toys'R'Us dropped the price of the GC version of VJ to 20 yet? Or is it still at 30?

The only other game I wanted for GCN was Paper Mario 2. I can't think of any other $50 games that I'm interested in.

Thanks for the update.

Just put my 2 cents in. I you are an easports fan and plan on buying most of the titles this year I have the plan for you. Buy 2 $50 EA games (NOT NBA LIVE because its $40 and most likely will be the free game when they ring up your total) Then buy any other $50 game. Make sure that they ring up both ea game first so your 3rd game is free. Then send away for your free game from EA

Are you allowed to get multiple copies of a game? I might cancel my trade ins at Gamestop worth $90 towards GTA:SA and Halo 2 then spend $100 at TRU to get 3 Copies of GTA:SA, return 2 to my local gamestop for like $60 in tradein spend the $150 trade in towards a Mini-PS2 and bask in my $10 savings lol.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Thats what I was thinking, I was wondering if it would work.[/quote]

I think as long as none of the easports games are marked free on the reciept it would work

Heres a link to the mail in coupon http://images.ea.com/sports/2005/promo/coupon.jpg

EDIT: The coupon says that it cant be combined with any other coupon or promotion

[quote name='masha'][quote name='Nirvanaguy777']what no ps1 games?[/quote]

I don't think they have many left after 50% sale :D

Edit: I used to leave on Bay 16 and Bath in Brooklyn ! Yo! :)[/quote]

yo sheepshedbay representin!!!

[quote name='CaseyRyback']pass on DOR. It sucks. Even my friend who loves wrestling games and has bought everyone that has come out did not buy this one.

the controls are busted.[/quote]

but the story mode part of it seems great, and I love there create a wrestler option

I have a couple questions (I'm not sure if they've been answered yet, or if anybody actually knows the answers):

Are the sales for the entirety of each week or do they each start on something like the Wednesday of each week?

Does this sale stack with the Green Tag sale? My store still has some GBA games with green tags, $20 to $10 each. Could I get three of these for $20?

Looks like I'll be picking up the GBA games I've been mising, FFTA, Mario and Luigi, River City Ransom, and Fire Emblem. Let's hope my TRU has them all.

About the EA Sports games, it should work as long as neither of the 2 are the free game. Thats how I see it, and if it doesn't work like that, oh well.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='CaseyRyback']pass on DOR. It sucks. Even my friend who loves wrestling games and has bought everyone that has come out did not buy this one.

the controls are busted.[/quote]

but the story mode part of it seems great, and I love there create a wrestler option[/quote]

when you can't block attacks then you will realize how bad the game is

the only trouble i had in the game with block (so far, haven't played it much since getting my ass handed to me by Big Show and join smackdown) was in the match vs BS. He would block just about every single one of my attacks, but i would only be able to block like 25% of his. thats my only complaint about this game so far. I've been too busy with other games to play this one for a while

[quote name='MadFlava']Looks like I'll be picking up the GBA games I've been mising, FFTA, Mario and Luigi[/quote]

You haven't been missing out. I hope you get those two free.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I hope they get taiko and crisis zone in before the end of the sale.[/quote]

Me too, I love drums and guns

[quote name='Darkfire001']Are you allowed to get multiple copies of a game? I might cancel my trade ins at Gamestop worth $90 towards GTA:SA and Halo 2 then spend $100 at TRU to get 3 Copies of GTA:SA, return 2 to my local gamestop for like $60 in tradein spend the $150 trade in towards a Mini-PS2 and bask in my $10 savings lol.[/quote]

GS will not let you have your money back, they will only let you have store credit, or its at least that way in JAcksonville

[quote name='sying'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I hope they get taiko and crisis zone in before the end of the sale.[/quote]

Me too, I love drums and guns[/quote]

since they both are released on the 26th I am hoping they will have them on the 28th along with a DDR Extreme bundle (if not that, then maybe Donkey Konga)

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='sying'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I hope they get taiko and crisis zone in before the end of the sale.[/quote]

since they both are released on the 26th I am hoping they will have them on the 28th along with a DDR Extreme bundle (if not that, then maybe Donkey Konga)[/quote]

Extreme was very disapointing, too many american/euro trash songs. Loved max though. Guns, drums, dance pads: Im an a accessory whore.

SkinAkuma, I have the 10/17 ad and there is no mention of Buy 2 get 1 free for GC or GBA. I posted the highlights from the ad last night. Now it's not the final ad copy so things can change, but I really don't think that it's happening that week, but I could be wrong. Also, this would be the first time GBA games are included in the Buy 2 get 1 free as they have never been included before. Anyway, we'll find out soon enough.

[quote name='tubtub']SkinAkuma, I have the 10/17 ad and there is no mention of Buy 2 get 1 free for GC or GBA. I posted the highlights from the ad last night. Now it's not the final ad copy so things can change, but I really don't think that it's happening that week, but I could be wrong. Also, this would be the first time GBA games are included in the Buy 2 get 1 free as they have never been included before. Anyway, we'll find out soon enough.[/quote]

Thanks tubtub. I was waiting for you to post smth in here. Please keep us up to date.

2 threads 2 many !

[quote name='tubtub']SkinAkuma, I have the 10/17 ad and there is no mention of Buy 2 get 1 free for GC or GBA. I posted the highlights from the ad last night. Now it's not the final ad copy so things can change, but I really don't think that it's happening that week, but I could be wrong. Also, this would be the first time GBA games are included in the Buy 2 get 1 free as they have never been included before. Anyway, we'll find out soon enough.[/quote]

WAIT! Are you saying there's a chance that I can mix PS2/XBOX/GCN games? [-o

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='sying'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I hope they get taiko and crisis zone in before the end of the sale.[/quote]

since they both are released on the 26th I am hoping they will have them on the 28th along with a DDR Extreme bundle (if not that, then maybe Donkey Konga)[/quote]

you people are lucky, TRU doesn't sell any of the Guncon games in the NY area :(

[quote name='NeoStrider'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='sying'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I hope they get taiko and crisis zone in before the end of the sale.[/quote]

you people are lucky, TRU doesn't sell any of the Guncon games in the NY area :([/quote]

Don't you have enough real guns in NY?! Quota :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back