TRU - Buy a white Wii console, get a $70 gift card

Lonsta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
Might vary by store, but my Toys R Us had a sign in it today that said: $50 gift card if you buy a white Wii console. After I checked out, apparently it stacked with their weekly deal of a $20 gift card with the purchase of a Wii console, and I was given a $70 gift card. This was at the Cape Girardeau store in Missouri:

[Receipt link: (ignore the Tax Exempt part, I have a tax ID number)...] www.imgur.com/PN6wt

This is my first new topic post, so hopefully it can help someone! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with TRU is that the only reason anyone would ever shop there is for their gift card bonus deals, and so you fall into a loop of paying full price for games so that you get gift cards to spend on more games that aren't deals at all but come with gift cards.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']What is the cost before the gift card?[/QUOTE]

$199.99 before tax. It basically looks like this:

WII CONSOLE 199.99

GIFT CARD PROMO 70.00

$50 GIFTCARD PROMO 50.00-

$20 GIFTCARD PROMO 20.00-

Damn I'd price match the $50 gift card @ BB but I don't get paid again till next week. Oh well I see all three systems getting a price drop near E3. If there's a really good gift card offer again I'll still jump on it though.

[quote name='malalrd']Let me guess. This is the one without the Wii Sports Resort?[/QUOTE]
yep, the upc on the receipt shows a old wii console, which is really hard to find

[quote name='ted_bundy']The problem with TRU is that the only reason anyone would ever shop there is for their gift card bonus deals, and so you fall into a loop of paying full price for games so that you get gift cards to spend on more games that aren't deals at all but come with gift cards.[/QUOTE]

Chain the gift cards or wait for their annual B2G1 sale. They don't usually mark down individual games but their sales overall are better than at places like GS or BB. The only place that beats them is Amazon. Kmart would be in there too if they'd get rid of that stupid card.

Do the gift cards have an expiration? Sometimes there deals do and I buy something there about every 3 years.

I feel bad because I returned the Kinect my wife wanted because she didn't open it but I can't stand the wii and this probably doesn't really live up to the Dance Central she wanted.

[quote name='Lonsta']Might vary by store, but my Toys R Us had a sign in it today that said: $50 gift card if you buy a white Wii console. After I checked out, apparently it stacked with their weekly deal of a $20 gift card with the purchase of a Wii console, and I was given a $70 gift card. This was at the Cape Girardeau store in Missouri:

[Receipt link: (ignore the Tax Exempt part, I have a tax ID number)...] www.imgur.com/PN6wt

This is my first new topic post, so hopefully it can help someone! :D[/QUOTE]

If I dont already own a wii I would be all over that deal. Plus my parents are from Cape. Glad to see another CAG from there :D

[quote name='redneckokie']Where does the 20 card come in? My TRU in Oklahoma City has the 50 card w/white Wii. Was it in the ad?[/QUOTE]

The $20 comes from the Ad... so that means today might be the last day you could get a $70 GC. Has anyone else been able to successfully take advantage of this deal?

bread's done
Back