TRU Buy portal 2/mortal kombat 15 dollar gift card/buy both get 50 dollar gift card

Echoing the Amazon sentiments here. Great deal but it would take me forever to spend a $60 gift card at Toys R Us. Whereas if I had Amazon credit it would be spent in a minute, heh.

[quote name='xilly']Reported a price match alert to Amazon hoping they'll drop Portal 2 to 49.99 to compete with TRU's website, since I've already pre-ordered MK/Portal 2 at Amazon.

I'd suggest anyone else getting it from Amazon do the same.

TRU Link: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11465314
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003O6E3C8/[/QUOTE]

not getting the game, but sent the lower price message too. I approve of this game starting its retail life at 50 with a 20 gc.

This would be great. Would Amazon (if they matched) take into consideration those of us who preordered both already, but the MK pre-order was the TE?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']K-Mart's deal is a lot better IMO. Spend $120 (pre-tax) and you get a $60 coupon. Buy Portal 2 or MK and get $10 off a 1600 MSP or $20 PSN card. So for $130 you get a $60 coupon and a $20/1600 card plus you don't need to get both Portal 2 and MK to get the deal. Heck you don't need either game, Portal 2/MK only gives you the $10 off. Plus Crysis 2 is going to be $40 in store that week as well I believe.[/QUOTE]

Coupons expire, gift cards do not. TRU is where I'm going unless Amazon matches (I always come crawling back to Amazon).

[quote name='BiggNick']This would be great. Would Amazon (if they matched) take into consideration those of us who preordered both already, but the MK pre-order was the TE?[/QUOTE]

Amazon guarantees the lowest preorder price, so if you already purchased Portal 2, you have nothing to worry about if the price lowers before release.

Edit- Okay, I also reported the price to Amazon, it would be so awesome if they lowered the game another $5, I mean $55 with $20 credit is good but $50 with $20 credit is even better.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Coupons expire, gift cards do not. TRU is where I'm going unless Amazon matches (I always come crawling back to Amazon).[/QUOTE]

Not saying that this is the case for this promotion, but TRU has definitely had promotional GCs with expiration dates in the past (the only one that comes to mind right now is FFXIII).

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Coupons expire, gift cards do not. TRU is where I'm going unless Amazon matches (I always come crawling back to Amazon).[/QUOTE]

TRU promo gift cards do. They're like 3 months or 6 months. I had one from buying Arkham Asylum and it had a "please redeem by" date on the back.

And yes, if Amazon drops the price of Portal 2 to 49.99, you will be charged that price when it is shipped, regardless of how long it's been on pre-order.

[quote name='blitzbllmstr']I doubt amazon matches because they are running Portal 2 at 54.99 w/ 20 GC to match Walmart.[/QUOTE]Agree

So many promotions for Portal 2, but all for Xbox and PS3... where's the PC love retailers?

(Yeah, I know, they left it back in 1997...)

[quote name='forteblast']So many promotions for Portal 2, but all for Xbox and PS3... where's the PC love retailers?

(Yeah, I know, they left it back in 1997...)[/QUOTE]

Well the PS3 copy comes with a free PC copy. if that means anything to you.

If anyone wanted the Scorpion Costume code, but wants to get Mortal Kombat (PS3 version) at TRU to get in on the Gift CArd deal, please PM me. I have Mortal Kombat paid off at GAmestop with trade in credit, but I'd really like the Kitana costume code, so if anyone would like to work out a trade of the Kitana code for the Scorpion code, let me know.

[quote name='Serpentor']WHY no SOCOM4 :( I rather have SOCOM4 and Portal 2 (never a big fan of MK, fighting games drop in price fast anyway).[/QUOTE]

That's because Sony has a lock on MSRP for the first few weeks that any game is released. Josh talked about it in the KmartGamer thread when MLB The Show 11 came out.

[quote name='jdb230']I completely agree.....these kmart lovers are quite annoying imo....that's great that they are so happy with thier local k-mart and whatever deals they have, but it's starting to get annoying having them derail pretty much every thread about a new release game offer at any other store. [/QUOTE]

But if you mention another retailer in the Kmart thread, the groupies go ballistic.

[quote name='dino88']But if you mention another retailer in the Kmart thread, the groupies go ballistic.[/QUOTE]

That's why I posted what I said earlier in this thread. I can just imagine getting reported in kmart's thread for derailing a thread because I said Kmart's deal dosent seem like that much of a savings.

Simple idea for me:

Buy both games at TRU, get the $50 gift card, go to Wal-Mart and return Portal 2 and get store credit and use it for L.A. Noire in May.

[quote name='Astroranagun']too bad the toyrus didnt sell the kollector's edition.... :([/QUOTE]

Agreed. This is an awesome deal, but I really want the collector's and I already preordered it at BB.

[quote name='E_Man']Simple idea for me:

Buy both games at TRU, get the $50 gift card, go to Wal-Mart and return Portal 2 and get store credit and use it for L.A. Noire in May.[/QUOTE]

Keep your return fraud to yourself:roll:

[quote name='jacknicklson']Keep your return fraud to yourself:roll:[/QUOTE]

Why don't you do yourself a favor and educate yourself with the words you use....It is NOT "Fraud" to return something in brand new (factory sealed) condition to any place that will accept it without a receipt....It might be against your morals to do so, but that doesn't mean it is fraudulant or illegal to do so.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Agreed. This is an awesome deal, but I really want the collector's and I already preordered it at BB.[/QUOTE]

Did you preordered it online? My local BB doesn't have the tournament or collector edition for preorders.

[quote name='jdb230']Why don't you do yourself a favor and educate yourself with the words you use....It is NOT "Fraud" to return something in brand new (factory sealed) condition to any place that will accept it without a receipt....It might be against your morals to do so, but that doesn't mean it is fraudulant or illegal to do so.[/QUOTE]

You are returning the item though, which was not bought at the store. I bet if you go in there and tell them the truth that you bought it at another store but want to exchange it for a different game, even though the value is the same they will deny you and send you on your way.

[quote name='jdb230']Why don't you do yourself a favor and educate yourself with the words you use....It is NOT "Fraud" to return something in brand new (factory sealed) condition to any place that will accept it without a receipt....It might be against your morals to do so, but that doesn't mean it is fraudulant or illegal to do so.[/QUOTE]

You sir are wrong, its definitely fraud.

Actually, that's fraud in every state. In order to get the refund, you are representing to the store that you bought it there but lost the receipt. There is no store in America that has a policy allowing items bought at another store to be returned there.

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually, that's fraud in every state. In order to get the refund, you are representing to the store that you bought it there but lost the receipt. There is no store in America that has a policy allowing items bought at another store to be returned there.[/QUOTE]

He may be thinking of Wally's Pawn Mart down off Route 4.

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually, that's fraud in every state. In order to get the refund, you are representing to the store that you bought it there but lost the receipt. There is no store in America that has a policy allowing items bought at another store to be returned there.[/QUOTE]

LMAO...really? you shouldn't spout out your opinions as facts...I'm not going to argue whether or not it is morally/ethically acceptable to do so...to each their own....I just wish you and other bashers on here would understand that concept and stop placing judgement on others just because you have different morals/values.

And, yes, there are some stores that will gladly accept returns from other stores. One example of this is petsmart (http://help.petsmart.com/no-hassle-return-policy/).

So again, please stop exerting your views/opinions as facts.

The only way he could do it and it not be fraud is if he openly said he did not buy it at Walmart but asked them if he could return it there. Everything is open and agreed upon.

I just don't see why he doesn't keep the receipt and return it unopened to TRU next month instead. 9 times out of 10 they won't worry about the gift card deal.

picard-facepalm_jpg_650x10000_q85.jpg

Definition of Fraud:
1. Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
2. A person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

1. He is lying/omitting truth to the store so he can exchange/return it for something else for his own gain it is fraud.
2. Since he is deceiving them by claiming he bought it there it is fraud.

So I would take your own advice into learning about the words you use.

And to comment on your PetsMart analogy, it is VERY different. One, it's in their policy it is not in Wal-Marts. Two, it requires the original receipt from the original store, show that to Wal-Mart and they won't budge. You can't use an example where it is in their policy to justify it at a store that doesn't have it in their policy.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Definition of Fraud:
1. Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
2. A person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

1. He is lying/omitting truth to the store so he can exchange/return it for something else for his own gain it is fraud.

So I would take your own advice into learning about the words you use.[/QUOTE]

If walmart chooses to allow returns without a receipt, THEN IT IS NOT FRAUD, because they made the decision to allow it.....this is something you obviously will never grasp.

Fraud involves lying/cheating/stealing (or any other illegal/unscroupuluos action) in order to achieve your desired outcome.

I'm not going to pretend like i know what he did (or anyone else for that matter).....becuase I wasn't there, and i'm not that much of an ass to pretend I know everything because I'm perfect....

but I've heard numerous stories on here and other places of people being honest and telling the customer service representative they didn't buy it form that store, and THEY DON'T care and still accept the return.....Yes I understand that is just poor employees...

Anyways, if it helps you sleep at night, when I return items without a receipt, I just say "I don't have the receipt, and I would like to exchange it for another item".......and 90% of the time (because I educate myself to the store's return policy prior) there is no problem.....the only time there are problems are when individual employees choose to not follow their corporate policy or what not....and in those cases, I just say ok, and leave, and go to a different store and have no problems.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Why does that argument break out in almost every thread I read on here anymore, its fucking fraud except it and move on.[/QUOTE]

Because people like you refuse to understand just becuase something is different then your morals, DOES NOT make it illegal or fraud!

[quote name='jdb230']Anyways, if it helps you sleep at night, when I return items without a receipt, I just say "I don't have the receipt, and I would like to exchange it for another item".......and 90% of the time (because I educate myself to the store's return policy prior) there is no problem.....the only time there are problems are when individual employees choose to not follow their corporate policy or what not....and in those cases, I just say ok, and leave, and go to a different store and have no problems.[/QUOTE]

Yes but you also neglect to state you didn't buy it there. They are assuming you did and trying to have good customer relations, let you. Therefore you're taking advantage of them.

[quote name='ZForce']If anyone wanted the Scorpion Costume code, but wants to get Mortal Kombat (PS3 version) at TRU to get in on the Gift CArd deal, please PM me. I have Mortal Kombat paid off at GAmestop with trade in credit, but I'd really like the Kitana costume code, so if anyone would like to work out a trade of the Kitana code for the Scorpion code, let me know.[/QUOTE]

people will probably do a gameshare to combine all DLC skins/fatalities. i plan to.

Most states do not have a "return fraud" statute. They do have retail fraud or altering of receipts statute. These statutes typically cover stealing merchandise and attempting to return it and or altering a receipt and trying to return something. When you return something to most stores without a receipt they give you store credit of the lowest price for the item within the previous 60-90 days. The stores place the item back on the shelf at the price they currently have. So it is possible for them to give you 19.99 plus tax in store credit and turn around and sell the game for more.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Definition of Fraud:

So I would take your own advice into learning about the words you use.

And to comment on your PetsMart analogy, it is VERY different. One, it's in their policy it is not in Wal-Marts. Two, it requires the original receipt from the original store, show that to Wal-Mart and they won't budge. You can't use an example where it is in their policy to justify it at a store that doesn't have it in their policy.[/QUOTE]

Does not qualify as fraud because store you are returning to is only giving you their face value for it. They take it and sell it to someone else for the same price. Not fraud.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow that's a pretty great deal if you want both.

I'm going to stick with amazon.com for portal for 55 w/ 20gc though because i'm not as interested in MK. Might pick up MK when it hits bargain prices.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Oh.

http://www.bustathief.com/refund-scam-refund-fraud/[/QUOTE]

seriously? If you went to college and had to prepare a report on this subject, please tell me you would not argue your "opinion" solely on this article. Let's not even dicuss the legitimacy of this website and their "interpretation" of federal and state laws. Also, notice how 95% of the article is about committing fraud (ie stealing merchendise and returning it)......then they throw that one liner in for people like you who don't know any better, but at least they refrain from using the word "Fraud" to describe this type of behavior, instead they call it a "scam"...

I do not know any place in Chicago including Walmart that takes back a Movie, CD, or Video Game without a receipt. Feel lucky if you can. They would not even do it after Christmas. But seriously do you really need to do all the for 20 dollars or something like that? My time is worth more than that.

bread's done
Back