TRU Clearance games are 30% off

[quote name='jamesccg']Also this Is Friday and Saturday 9/17 & 9/18 only.[/QUOTE]

actually ive seen these signs up for about 2/3 weeks...mayb its just my store

My store had it a while ago too, then started the buy one get one 40% off or something for certain games.

Too bad my TRU doesn't have a clearance bin/rack, nor do they update the prices as often as they should.

When I checked in just a day or so ago, this was in effect but only for 360 and the Sony platforms. The only things I would've bought were on Wii... go figure.

Just got the RB Metal Track Pack and Konami Classics Volume 1
(sotn,frogger, super contra) for 11.89 each. Good deal! Thanks OP!!

[quote name='jamesccg']Also this Is Friday and Saturday 9/17 & 9/18 only.[/QUOTE]
Couldn't have been--my TRU had the sale on yesterday when I went in.

That said, I picked up Bionic Commando for $6.50 when they had the same deal a few weeks ago.

With the $5 off of $25 coupon that has been posted, this could be a pretty good deal. I may have to check out TRU tomorrow and see if I can find anything good.

Silent Hill Shattered Memories for Wii, when I was at TRU yesterday, was not clearance priced.

Mass Effect 2, on the other hand, was and the 30% puts it at around $19. I was tempted to get Valkyria Chronicles (34.98), Nier (49.98) and Lost Planet 2 (34.98), and a couple of others. Alas, I left with nothing.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']When I checked in just a day or so ago, this was in effect but only for 360 and the Sony platforms. The only things I would've bought were on Wii... go figure.[/QUOTE]

Try looking for a clearance priced Wii game and have them check at the register, because at my store (which is one of the larger side by side stores with Babies R Us) has 30% off on Wii/DS clearance titles ending Saturday. I picked up Sin and Punishment (which was price at 44.98, clearance) for around $32 or so. I should have gotten that $5 off of $25 coupon for further discount.

Wii and DS clearance titles are 30% off through Saturday night. Oddly, some games are ringing up with a double discount. I got Red Steel 2 bundle for $17.48 and the receipt said 30% off and then 30% off again. It only seems to happen with some games as I also got Guitar Hero DS Modern Hits for the same double discount, but the Guitar Hero DS box set dual pack only gave the regular 30% off. Guess you'll just have to experiment.

[quote name='iluvmywife']With the $5 off of $25 coupon that has been posted, this could be a pretty good deal. I may have to check out TRU tomorrow and see if I can find anything good.[/QUOTE]

Link? I looked but couldn't find it.

Picked up the Red Steel 2 bundle for $17.XX at my TRU as well. I scanned a few other wii and DS games and could not get anything else to register the double discount.

Definitely worth snagging while you can if you want an extra motion plus add on.

I got a 20% off coupon good from the 17-18th I'm gonna assume it would stack but I don't think there us anything I would want to pick up since my back log is way to big.

I decided to pick up 2 of those Red Steel 2 bundles for $17.14 each (cheaper than a Wii MotionPlus) and DS Kingdom Hearts 358/2 for $10.77. This was in Parma, Ohio. The $5 coupon above stacked with a $5 rewards gift certificate I recently received in the mail.

argh, I saw the Red Steel 2 bundles marked at like $38.xx and forgot the price tags were wrong (or it was a 50% sale or whatever) and passed on them... sigh.

Scored a Red Steel with Motion+, and added a couple of items to use the $5 off $25 coupon.

The store associate couldn't believe the price.

Thanks for posting this deal.

Picked up the following after using the $5 coupon :):

Red Steel 2 :wii: $15
Dead Space Extraction :wii: $15
Dirt 2 :ps3: $15
Red Faction Guerilla :ps3: $11

[quote name='jamesccg']I Picked up red steel 2 also, I think the 2 X 30% of was on it because it came with the motion plus[/QUOTE]

I think your right. My receipt indicates 2 discounts for the game.

Someone at corp is getting yelled at in the 9 am meeting.

$15 for Dead Space Extraction is great FTW!

[quote name='seanmcc']So the 30% off clearance deal is dead now?[/QUOTE]

Should be dead, the extra 30% off was for Friday and Saturday.

I am headed up to TRU this morning and will double check some prices.

[quote name='iluvmywife']Should be dead, the extra 30% off was for Friday and Saturday.

I am headed up to TRU this morning and will double check some prices.[/QUOTE]

Any word on whether the extra 30% is still active?

[quote name='waxHead']Any word on whether the extra 30% is still active?[/QUOTE]

I'm curious too. Just saw this thread and I would head over there right now if it is.

Was the regular clearance price lower than the posted sticker price for Red Steel 2 bundle? Or just that the bundle rang up with 2x 30% off discounts?

[quote name='eau']Was the regular clearance price lower than the posted sticker price for Red Steel 2 bundle? Or just that the bundle rang up with 2x 30% off discounts?[/QUOTE]

The sticker price was $34.98. The bundle rang up with a double 30% off discount which worked out to exactly 50% off. The double discount also appeared on the price check scanner. My receipt literally has two of the same 30% discount codes one right underneath the other. The same thing happened when I bought Guitar Hero Modern Hits DS. I tried several other games, but the glitch seemed to be limited to Red Steel and GH Modern Hits.

I'm glad I didn't attempt it on any other Wii game, but I did see at the TRU in Rockford, IL that Sin & Punishment 2 was on clearance for $44.98.

I did get RS2 for about $17 and The Saboteur (360) for about $13.

[quote name='bojay1997']The sticker price was $34.98. The bundle rang up with a double 30% off discount which worked out to exactly 50% off. The double discount also appeared on the price check scanner. My receipt literally has two of the same 30% discount codes one right underneath the other. The same thing happened when I bought Guitar Hero Modern Hits DS. I tried several other games, but the glitch seemed to be limited to Red Steel and GH Modern Hits.[/QUOTE]
Sh!t. I was at TRU last Saturday browsing through the clearance games and didn't know Red Steel 2 would double discount. I would have jumped in the deal if I had known. I bought a remote plus by itself for $15 from Amazon. So for a $3 more you get the game too, why not!

Was it a glitch? They only advertised the uniform 30% off on clearance games.

bread's done
Back