TRU FlingSmash with FREE Wiimote MotionPlus $22.48

[quote name='Deader2818']Why do I have to give Groupon credit card info?[/QUOTE]

Maybe because you are purchasing the coupon with your credit card?

Thanks OP!! Just pickup a wii for the kids, but the price of remotes was killing me! This with the groupon deal is fantastic price!!

[quote name='SW4J']Still a pretty meh deal. BB selling that for $5 last year was amazing, I still regret not picking more up.[/QUOTE]

To SW4J, good on you for picking it up for a great price, but unless you have a time machine, or you have a way of getting me to deal for $5 NOW, STFU.

Can you use the Groupon with this? This is the online price and with TRU's online purchases, even for in store pick up, are very different than their B&M store purchases. You can't even return a online order for in stock pick up at TRU for your money back, you only get merchandise credit.

Not a bad deal, gonan jump on this why it is still in stock
bboobm

[quote name='Vinny']Can you use the Groupon with this? This is the online price and with TRU's online purchases, even for in store pick up, are very different than their B&M store purchases. You can't even return a online order for in stock pick up at TRU for your money back, you only get merchandise credit.[/QUOTE]

It may be YMMV. First of all, there is a great possibility that the bundle is $22 at the TRU store already. Secondly, I have had TRU store match TRU.com price many times(even online only price sometimes).

I work at the Rockaway, NJ Toys R Us and we still have Flingsmash. I thought we sold out of them for Wii U's launch because they weren't on shelf the next day but I checked our inventory and we have around 30 in the back. It's down to $25 clearance at our store. Amazing deal considering we sell our wiimotes for $41.99. Not sure why we sell ours above retail. Flingsmash isn't that great but you can't beat that price for a new wiimote.

I just picked this up from the Toys R Us and at my store the sticker price was $24.98. I was able to use the Groupon though! :D

Even the games section cashier mumbled, "Everyone wants this just for the WiiMote, they don't care about the game". lol

Thanks for the head's up! Was kicking myself for not grabbing this earlier but the Groupon deal made it even better. Just got back from TRU with 2 copies for $30.60 total. I had 2 coupons and even though they clearly stated 1 per person, the cashier gladly let me ring up two separate transactions. Nice!

Was amusing to walk out of the store paying less for 2 of these than the price of 1 of these in the re-branded "Wii-U" controller box.

I think I'm going to bite on this and return my Wii controller I bought at walmart for 40. I'll pick up skyward sword. Thanks.

[quote name='SW4J']Still a pretty meh deal. BB selling that for $5 last year was amazing, I still regret not picking more up.[/QUOTE]Was it a misprint? I can't imagine getting that controller for any cheaper than this.

[quote name='scp89']does skyward sword come with a wii controller too??[/QUOTE]

only if you got the rare Limited edition.

I saw this at Target in the clearance area for $15 about a month ago. Not sure if it is still on clearance but it is worth a look if you are getting something else at Target also.

[quote name='SW4J']Still a pretty meh deal. BB selling that for $5 last year was amazing, I still regret not picking more up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I remember when I got this for $7 last year at Best Buy...good times.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bombfirst885']Was it a misprint? I can't imagine getting that controller for any cheaper than this.[/QUOTE]

Flingsmash bundle was 7.99. Who knows for sure or even remembers. I remember having a hard time getting in store/pickup w/ stock for that price but got 3 of them online for instore pickup at a store with questionable stock.

Anyways unless anyone with a time machine to spare you probably will not get it at that price ever again unless its a store clearance.

[quote name='ScullyDu']Got two of these last week at TRU for $40. They were honoring the B1G1 40% off deal.[/QUOTE]

Same. I'd like to pick up two more motion + but I am going to hold off.

Sweet went into my toys r us an hour ago to find some with my recently purchased groupon and the dude said they had a bunch in the back. Grabbed 2 since only 2 groupings went through with my wife's account and her sisters. I'll be back for the other one tomorrow

Thanks op. 4 black wii mote + to match my deluxe wii u!

Edit: anyone know if the game alone can be traded into amazon for the $3 credit?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cubeenigma']Edit: anyone know if the game alone can be traded into amazon for the $3 credit?[/QUOTE]
Wasn't sure, so I traded it in at Best Buy for $2 ($1.5 now due to only 50% trade-in bonus).

The FlingSmash market completely crashed last year when Best Buy sold the bundles off for like $5 or something crazy like that. Obviously that deal is dead and gone but I can't imagine paying $22.48 for this bundle. Especially when WalMart had the Wii Play Motion bundles for $15.

I bit on this deal. While not as good as the $15 Walmart deal, this is still better than buying a Wiimote for $40. I also added Skyward Sword with this so that I could get free shipping. Now I'll use my Groupon deal for the Nunchuck.

[quote name='SmokeMaxX']Nunchuks are $10 at Sears/K Mart. I think they're full price at Toys R Us, so might as well save the Groupon.[/QUOTE]

I already checked and there are none available in any sears 50 miles around me. So I have to go the TRU/Groupon route.

Are they still honoring B1G1 50% off in-store? Realizing now that it would have been cheaper for me to do that with 1 groupon rather than 2 groupons and 2 separate purchases. Oh well, I could get a 3rd and 4th controller if that deal is still good.

[quote name='SmokeMaxX']Nunchuks are $10 at Sears/K Mart. I think they're full price at Toys R Us, so might as well save the Groupon.[/QUOTE]

Not really full price. They overpriced the Nunchuks and Wiimotes by $2.

Got my Flingsmash bundle and Skyward Sword in the mail today. I ordered on Saturday night so I'm very impressed with the quick shipping.

bread's done
Back