TRU Friends & Family Oct. 7-13

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Just a heads up, TRU is doing their annual Friends and Family event from October 7 - 13. If you never heard of this event, basically you get a piece of paper that can be used for 20% of a purchase of $75 or more.

Of course the normal exclusions apply (no consoles, giftcards, etc.).

Dah! I was just gonna post this. Hopefully, I don't get in trouble for doing this. But I consider all y'all my friends and my CAG family. Here's a link to the front and back of the sheet. As far as I know this is only given to employees. I've never seen it handed out to the general masses that enter our store like KingofOldSchool is saying.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/JediBaja/?action=view&current=TRUFF1of2.jpg

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/JediBaja/?action=view&current=TRUFF2of2.jpg

And according to DrDarkStryfe's thread. Another B2G1 sale is going on the week of Oct. 14-20. So, buy 3 games using these 20% off coupons and then "return/repurchase" them during the sale week for ultimate savings!

[quote name='JediBaja']Dah! I was just gonna post this. Hopefully, I don't get in trouble for doing this. But I consider all y'all my friends and my CAG family. Here's a link to the front and back of the sheet. As far as I know this is only given to employees. I've never seen it handed out to the general masses that enter our store like KingofOldSchool is saying.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/JediBaja/?action=view&current=TRUFF1of2.jpg

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/JediBaja/?action=view&current=TRUFF2of2.jpg

And according to DrDarkStryfe's thread. Another B2G1 sale is going on the week of Oct. 14-20. So, buy 3 games using these 20% off coupons and then "return/repurchase" them during the sale week for ultimate savings![/quote]
If you returned them wouldn't they give you the money you spent back and then make you buy them for the regular price?

I think if you use the gift receipt instead of the regular one, you would be able to get full credit for the games on like a gift card. Just don't abuse the deals.

[quote name='JediBaja'] As far as I know this is only given to employees. I've never seen it handed out to the general masses that enter our store like KingofOldSchool is saying.[/quote]

They've actually handed out F&F coupons at the door at my local TRU. It definitely seemed odd to me, but they did it.

[quote name='rapsodist']They've actually handed out F&F coupons at the door at my local TRU. It definitely seemed odd to me, but they did it.[/QUOTE]

Sucks but a lot of stores do that. When I worked at sears they used to have a great Friends and Family. They'd mark the clearance down and give away TVs and stuff. Then they started handing out the flyers to anyone but still gave away stuff but the chances of winning plummeted because a lot more people showed up. Plus they had to end up working 2-3 times as many people so not many could hang out with their friends and family like the past ones.

I got these coupons but didn't know if it was regional or not. My girlfriend works at babiesRus and can't be combined with employee discount of 10%. So meh.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']
I got these coupons but didn't know if it was regional or not. My girlfriend works at babiesRus and can't be combined with employee discount of 10%. So meh.[/quote]

Really?

My girlfriend was able to combine it with her discount last year.

I haven't tried yet but the first line of the small print of the coupon, NOT VALID WITH EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT. Might still be able to do if someone doesn't read the coupon and the computer takes it.

[quote name='djbooba']I think if you use the gift receipt instead of the regular one, you would be able to get full credit for the games on like a gift card. Just don't abuse the deals.[/quote]

Actually the gift receipt is coded with the actual amount paid as well, so you still can't get back full price for games you bought on sale.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I haven't tried yet but the first line of the small print of the coupon, NOT VALID WITH EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT. Might still be able to do if someone doesn't read the coupon and the computer takes it.[/quote]

The register will still scan your employee discount card, but it won't stack the employee discount with the F&F discount. Just get a 10% coupon from the Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader Scratch Off Contest...it's a good substitute for the employee discount in this case.

Yeah, I was thinking that if you used the 20% off games, then did a return/rebuy for the B2G1F sale, your 20% is lost since you returned it. Then with the rebuy, it'll be $59.99.

I think this is true, assuming I didn't confuse the sale dates.

Anyone else notice there is a code to get the discount online? That might be a much easier sell if you don't have a real coupon to use in the store.

[quote name='takotchi']"Coupon not valid if downloaded from internet" :rofl:[/quote]

Damn that sucks!! Might use it online then.

[quote name='Terabyte7']The register will still scan your employee discount card, but it won't stack the employee discount with the F&F discount. Just get a 10% coupon from the Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader Scratch Off Contest...it's a good substitute for the employee discount in this case.[/quote]
Where are the 5th grade coupons located in the store?

[quote name='WiiGame']wait... can i use these coupons if i'm not an employee of toys r us?[/QUOTE]
well what did you think "family & friends" meant?

and the "not valid if downloaded from the internet" is pretty funny.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I haven't tried yet but the first line of the small print of the coupon, NOT VALID WITH EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT. Might still be able to do if someone doesn't read the coupon and the computer takes it.[/quote]

These coupons have stated this for the past 2 years, but my employee discount has always stacked on top of it.

And as far as the internet thing...just say your friend/family lives out of state and they e-mailed it to you :)

[quote name='CaoPi']dang too bad this isn't good on consoles...[/quote]

of course not! it's like every CAG's dream if it does...

[quote name='J7.']Where are the 5th grade coupons located in the store?[/quote]They've been giving it to customers with any purchase. I haven't seen them just lying around the check out counters.

They should.
I bought a $.14 clearance candy bar (gave it to the game section staff member) and saved 10% or $3

[quote name='SteveMcQ']They've been giving it to customers with any purchase. I haven't seen them just lying around the check out counters.[/quote]
fuck I bought games during the B2G1F and they didn't give me the coupon!

Those 5th grader scratch cards ended around 9/22/07. They stopped giving it out.

The 10% off from that card is still valid though, till 10/23/07.

Yes, I know, weird.

Thanks CAG Family. Online code is working. Good for unreleased games also.

Got 20% off Eye of Judgement, CoD 4, Castlevania Dracula X, etc.

[quote name='bluesign2']Thanks CAG Family. Online code is working. Good for unreleased games also.

Got 20% off Eye of Judgement, CoD 4, Castlevania Dracula X, etc.[/quote]

Whats the online code? I must have missed it

[quote name='mannysgoldglove']Whats the online code? I must have missed it[/quote]

It's on the front there. TRUFRIENDFAMILY.

Yes! Wasn't sure if this would work online, with pre-orders no less! Now all I have to do is hit up that B2G1 free sale and I'll be all set for the holidays! Thanks OP!

[quote name='bluesign2']Thanks CAG Family. Online code is working. Good for unreleased games also.

Got 20% off Eye of Judgement, CoD 4, Castlevania Dracula X, etc.[/QUOTE]

oh shit, Guitar Hero 3 bundles!

to bad they don't have the rock band package available...

[quote name='atheist_uberboy']oh shit, Guitar Hero 3 bundles!

to bad they don't have the rock band package available...[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what I'm going for! Thanks for the code Jedi and for the heads up OP!

$8 shipping for the guitar hero bundles kills this for me...you can get it slightly cheaper from Deep Discount or Family Video I think. I wish Toys R Us had in store pick up =(

Has anyone tried using JediBaja's scan in store yet? With Guitar Hero 2 on sale for $60/$70, I'm thinking getting something for $15, maybe a Christmas gift, to use the F&F coupon.

This also work when you redeem Monopoly TRU Bucks toward any games you want only at participating in McDonald. TRU Buck is from the Gamepiece where you peel off from Hashbrown, Medium/Large Fries/Drink & Chicken Select! As a bonus, Large Fries/Drink will have BIG BUCKS or PRIZES! PRIZES worth $50-$500 and even MILLION of DOLLARS!!! I hated McDonald but I prefer Jack in the Box anyway, LMAO!!!

[quote name='JediBaja']These coupons have stated this for the past 2 years, but my employee discount has always stacked on top of it.

And as far as the internet thing...just say your friend/family lives out of state and they e-mailed it to you :)[/quote]

Well, I bought 3 games today and the 20% coupon stacked on top of my employee discount. Saved about $48! It'll be even more starting next week with the supposed B2G1 sale.

[quote name='Chronis']Has anyone tried using JediBaja's scan in store yet? With Guitar Hero 2 on sale for $60/$70, I'm thinking getting something for $15, maybe a Christmas gift, to use the F&F coupon.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU OP & JediBaja. This is the deal of the freaking year for me.

I just used the coupon at TRU and it worked for GH2 on the 360. They had like 30 of them. But I knew I needed some filler so I was going to get some MS points and then I saw that Moto GP 07 was marked down to 9.90 from 59.99.
Yes the 07 version

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=200299

not the 06 version. The freaking 07 version was marked down for less then 10 bucks.

So I figured it was a mistake and took a copy of the game and the tab divider that said Motogp 07 $9.90. And incase that got shut down I took some Wii points to the register.

At the register I verified that the 07 version was 10 bucks, and the dude plugged in the # on the game divider and said, yeah it's 10 bucks.

The only trouble I had was the dude who was ringing me up had never seen the coupon. Then he asked someone and they said the coupon was only good on Monday. But I pointed out the coupon was valid today, and that he should just scan it because "my friend" said it already works.

Sure enough it worked, I got GH2 for about 55 bucks, Moto GP 07 for like 8 bucks, and I got the wii points just for the hell of it for 16 bucks.

Deal of the year ? yes.

bread's done
Back