TRU Green Tag update(and good PC game deal)

tubtub

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Ok, here's a green tag update for you guys. These items are being taken off the green tag sale starting tomorrow 10/12.

GBA Cartoon Network Speedway
GBA Green Eggs and Ham
GBA Klonoa
GBA Ultimate Brain Games
GC Quidditch Harry Potter
GC SSX3
GC Smuggler's Run 2
GC Monsters Inc.
GC Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets
GC Medal of Honor Frontline
GC Lord of the Rings Two Towers
XB Lord of the Rings Two Towers
XB SSX3
PS2 Fairly Odd Parents
PS2 Quidditch Harry Potter
PS2 Ratchet and Clank(just added last week and already taken off)

I posted this just in case anyone wanted to rush out and grab those games. Many stores probably won't have a chance to take off the green labels by tomorrow, so hurry out if you want them. Ratchet and Clank(the one with the sticker over the UPC) was added to the sale last week and already it has been taken off. Jak and Daxter(with the sticker over the UPC) is still showing up as part of the sale, so I'd hurry up and get that if you want it since most likely that will be taken off the sale soon.

And now for that PC deal I promised(since if I don't post a deal in this thread everyone complains). This week TRU has $5 off all Backyard PC games. Well, the Backyard Baseball 2003 is $9.99 and part of the green tag sale. So it rings up $4.99 after the 50% off discount is taken, but the computer also takes $5 off as part of the $5 off all Backyard games promotion, so this game will ring up for $0.00. You basically get a free game. Very good deal for those who are into that. Also, this may work on some of the other Backyard games that are older and part of the green tag sale.

Glad I picked up SSX3 for the XB and Quidditch Cup for the GC when I did.

The rest of them were ones I wasn't worried about.

Thanks for the update, I wonder why they are taking games off the list (I could understand that games like DDR Max 2 were taken off before because that was a popular game) since most of those games are old.

With Backyard Baseball, do you think the stores will allow a game to be purchased for free since they might say it's a glitch or something and could refuse to sell it.

[quote name='Scorch']Thought SSX3 was taken off long ago.[/quote]

Was for me. TRU screwed me royally with it and thats why I refuse to go back for anything but the B2G1F deal.

I think you're right, SSX 3 was taken off awhile ago. This was just a list TRU sent to stores, so I'm assuming it's just a mistake they were on there. The reason most of those are being taken off the clearance sale is that TRU ordered more and stores are getting more of those in. GC Monsters Inc will be part of a GC bundle deal next week, so making Monsters Inc full price will make sure the advertised bundle rings correctly. Ratchet and Clank was probably a mistake that it was part of the sale in the first place, though.

Also, I'd think its a good chance(99%) you'd get the deal at TRU. I'd think most cashiers would just let it go. Theres no way for TRU to raise the price higher, so if you want the game they'll have to give it to you for free. Plus many cashiers probably won't even notice it's free if you're buying more things. I know at my store the managers always let the mistakes like that go through so they can please the guest(and in this instance get a rid of old items). It will probably be corrected within a day or two though. But for the most part I'd think you'd get the deal unless you run into that one person who has to be right and would argue forever that he won't give you the deal as its a mistake.

And I might add they have a nasty habit of doing this. Its like they use the public as test subjects to see whats old but still sells well then they jack it up again a few days later. PoP,.Beyond good and evil, ssx3, all had this happen

I was at TRU today and saw PS2 USB headsets for $15 green-tagged (price before 50% was $30). I forgot who the maker of the headset was, but I can tell you it wasn't the Logitech unit.

Seems like a good enough deal for those looking for one.

I think that some of those items probably were taken off in the beginning because of such good sales, but many of those were accidentally on the green tag list. For example, in other parts of the store they had brand new items that just came out ringing up at 50% off that first weekend by mistake. With the huge list of items that were going on sale there were bound to be some errors. DDR was fixed within 3 days as were many other mistakes in the video game section. Anything after that point was probably them just seeing that it was selling so well it shouldn't be part of the sale. But for POP, DDR, Mario Kart with Bonus Disc, etc. I think they honestly were mistakes. The list I just posted is because they realized more sales could be generated on those games and have new orders for many of them coming in.

[quote name='supadupacheap']And I might add they have a nasty habit of doing this. Its like they use the public as test subjects to see whats old but still sells well then they jack it up again a few days later. PoP,.Beyond good and evil, ssx3, all had this happen[/quote]
While I don't ascribe that level of conspiracy to it, I do think they notice when a title is selling well and raise the price to earn more profit, seemingly not understanding that it's the low price that's driving the sale and eventually killing the deal altogether.

[quote name='"Ugamer_X"']I was at TRU today and saw PS2 USB headsets for $15 green-tagged (price before 50% was $30). I forgot who the maker of the headset was, but I can tell you it wasn't the Logitech unit.

Seems like a good enough deal for those looking for one.[/quote]

It was DATEL (maker of the action replay) USB head sets for the PS2, they are decent enough for the price indeed.

bread's done
Back