TRU Madden 13 Pre-Order $44.99 + FS

Nah you don't receive the game on day of release. What company offers release date delivery for free??? You get it on probably Thursday or Friday of the release week.

This deal has been around for a really long time. Works for NHL too. I'll probably get Madden on Amazon with Prime and credit. NHL I got from Toys R Us with my $10 credit I had. Came to just under $40 with tax.

$20 back from Best Buy was still the best deal I saw and beats this one by $5. Not sure if it's still running or not though...

[quote name='JKSonic']$20 back from Best Buy was still the best deal I saw and beats this one by $5. Not sure if it's still running or not though...[/QUOTE]

Not really. You have to pay for the Gamer Rewards membership to get the $20 back. How many games are you planning to buy? Some people are just looking for the best deal on one game. Amazon would be even better than that Best Buy deal to me. Release date delivery, no need to drive over to Best Buy, no tax, credit from Amazon too with a wide variety of items to spend it on.

[quote name='advanced']Hope this sticks around for a few hours on launch day for a PM chance at Best Buy. That'd be the best deal.[/QUOTE]

LOL you would get it for the same price after having to go to Best Buy and go through the hassle of trying to price match. Same price.

Yea that'd be the best deal. :roll:

Edit- Oh but you're probably looking to get the reward points. Good luck with that one.

[quote name='BetterToGive']LOL you would get it for the same price after having to go to Best Buy and go through the hassle of trying to price match. Same price.

Yea that'd be the best deal. :roll:

Edit- Oh but you're probably looking to get the reward points. Good luck with that one.[/QUOTE]

Umm, what? Hes getting it already for 40 from Best Buy since he gets a 20 dollar rewards zone card with purchase. If he does instore pickup hes getting another 10 off. That makes the total 30. If he price matches down to 45, hes paying 15 bucks when it is all said and done for Madden 13. How in the world is getting the game for 45 on a Friday a better deal than getting it for 15 on the day it comes out?

You don't know what you're talking about. Getting it for $40 because of $20 back? No. You're confused. You're still wet behind the ears PS3gamer.

I've never, ever had a problem PMing at Best Buy. Must be my good looks and polite demeanor. $45 + $20 back in RZ beats $45 only. I won't be doing the $10 deal though. That would be the best deal however.

Downloaded the demo = Horrible

Doesn't matter what they price it, gameplay is lackluster. Truly disappointed.

Wonder if I can get my BB to price match this. I got them to do it for NCAA when they had it for $45...would be awesome to get Madden for $45 with the $20 RZ too.

Saint'sRow911;9885425 said:
Wonder if I can get my BB to price match this. I got them to do it for NCAA when they had it for $45...would be awesome to get Madden for $45 with the $20 RZ too.

I was going to do the same, but the problem is that this expires the day before release (8/27). As where the NCAA one, I believe was through the week with their ad.

Maybe if we get Amazon to PM and then we (who are able to) PM Amazon at BB? I was just told that as long as it's sold from and shipped by Amazon they'll PM it by one of the managers at my local BB.

Guys what would I need to bring to best buy for them to price match toys r us, I'll probably get shut down but I wanna have the best possible chance of them saying yes

If tax is an issue I say Amazon has the best deal. You get $15 in credit towards a future purchase and if you are a Prime Member you get release day delivery free.

[quote name='tears2040']Downloaded the demo = Horrible

Doesn't matter what they price it, gameplay is lackluster. Truly disappointed.[/QUOTE]

Lol this was the best demo they put out in awhile. It feels completely different than any madden I've played. There are some glitches but it is a demo for a reason, it's not like they don't have time to patch up the little tweaks. This will be the best madden yet and I will be right back on this thread on the day after release just to say "I told you so"

[quote name='ps3gamer35']Umm, what? Hes getting it already for 40 from Best Buy since he gets a 20 dollar rewards zone card with purchase. If he does instore pickup hes getting another 10 off. That makes the total 30. If he price matches down to 45, hes paying 15 bucks when it is all said and done for Madden 13. How in the world is getting the game for 45 on a Friday a better deal than getting it for 15 on the day it comes out?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. There's really no question about where the best deal is for Madden. And don't forget you get 30 days (60 for Silver members) to price match. Even if the $45 TRU price doesn't hold on release day, you'll still end up getting at least another $10 back (I'd guess more) when it's on sale for $50 somewhere within that first month.

[quote name='dino88']Exactly. There's really no question about where the best deal is for Madden. And don't forget you get 30 days (60 for Silver members) to price match. Even if the $45 TRU price doesn't hold on release day, you'll still end up getting at least another $10 back (I'd guess more) when it's on sale for $50 somewhere within that first month.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like I said its weird Better is always here to bash Best Buy. Best Buy is the unquestioned leader for Madden this year. Better is clear to buy where he wants but the best bang for your back is at Best Buy.

With NCAA the price held on release day. If it works the same with Madden you can get the 20 GC and a price match. Several folk here did that with NCAA.

Ha Ha Ha,
You guys totally just talked me into pre-ordering Madden from Best Buy.
.....and I don't even PLAY that series!

May hang onto it though. I like the Giants, and since they won this year, I'll expect them to be featured.

Played the demo on the PS3 (usually play it on the 360) and had fun. It's cool that they added in some more physics based (or at least faked them really well) tackles, but they CLEARLY need to work on them longer...saw so many stupid looking glitches I lost count.

Wow, do bb pricemach preorder prices?
hoping we can pm this for online preorders if we were to call in to customer service; Thoughts?

So I didnt see the best buy deal, can somebody explain it to me?

I dont have RZ unlocked. So it sounds to me like I'd have to pay $15 for that and then I could get a $20gc when I pay retail (unless the pm happens). In this case I would be paying $75 for madden and a $20 gc as opposed to $45 for madden.

[quote name='TLFerrill']So I didnt see the best buy deal, can somebody explain it to me?

I dont have RZ unlocked. So it sounds to me like I'd have to pay $15 for that and then I could get a $20gc when I pay retail (unless the pm happens). In this case I would be paying $75 for madden and a $20 gc as opposed to $45 for madden.[/QUOTE]

Not sure but I think the $20GC was also for regular Gamers Club members earlier this month, but right now BB website says only for GC Unlocked members so I guess that earlier deal is now dead.

Unless you shop a lot @ Best Buy and want the "extras" for being unlocked member, I would go for Toys R Us. Saving $$$ > store credits :)

As for this deal....

Called Toys R Us to confirm they don't charge until item have shipped....lady says yes they don't charge....went to website to pre-order....deal didn't go through because ToysRUs tried to charge my card! Said F this, and pre-ordered with Newegg's $10 off pre-orders deal. Since no tax & no shipping its the same I would've paid with TRUS :p

[quote name='TLFerrill']So I didnt see the best buy deal, can somebody explain it to me?

I dont have RZ unlocked. So it sounds to me like I'd have to pay $15 for that and then I could get a $20gc when I pay retail (unless the pm happens). In this case I would be paying $75 for madden and a $20 gc as opposed to $45 for madden.[/QUOTE]

If you're signing up to just get Madden, yeah, you're probably better off not getting it at BB. It's still not a bad deal, its just not the best one.

You pay $15 for GCU
Preorder online with instore pickup ($10 GC code)
Pickup on launch ($20 RZ Cert in 30 days)
PM within 30 days to something cheaper (It worked last year for me)

Even if you can't PM Madden, it still matches TRU's deal on the back end. (-15 + 10 + 20 = 15 - 60 [for Madden] = -45 [the same price you pay at TRU])

If you can PM Madden, and you get a 30 day window to do that, you end up with a better deal than TRU on the back end. PMing over the phone is more of a hassle, but it's still doable.

bread's done
Back