TRU Markdowns starting April 28

benboxer

CAGiversary!
GBA
Pokemon Pinball 14.95(already marked down)
YuGiOh Destiny Board Traveler 19.95

PSP UMD Movies
Hellboy 14.99
House of Flying Daggers 24.99
xXx 14.99

XBOX
MechAssault 2 29.95
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 19.95

GameCube
Baiten Kaitos w/soundtrack 29.95
Tales of Symphonia 19.95

PS2
Nightmare of Druaga 19.95
Ghosthunter 19.95
Taiko Drum Master w/Drum 49.95
Rumble Roses 29.95
Neo Contra 19.95

Pokemon Pinball for GBA will be mine. I've been waiting for Price drop on it, and have missed it when BB put it to 19.99. Been hankering for some pinball goodness. Thanks benboxer.

[quote name='benboxer']
GameCube
Tales of Symphonia 19.95
[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if this is a 'all across the board' price drop? Game Crazy is selling it for 20 dollars, now TRU, how about the other retailers? I think I'd like to pick this up for 15 dollars at CC with my 5 dollars off coupon I got in the mail.

If anyone remembers how fast other MS games fell (Rallysport Challenge 2 anyone?) then it's no suprise to see MechAssault 2 at that price. TOS is a nice price too.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='mtxbass1']If anyone remembers how fast other MS games fell (Rallysport Challenge 2 anyone?) then it's no suprise to see MechAssault 2 at that price. TOS is a nice price too.

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

so then why the hell is halo 1 still sitting at 30

[quote name='urzishra14']so then why the hell is halo 1 still sitting at 30[/QUOTE]

Because Halo continues to sell copies and is Microsoft's flagship game. If a MS game doesn't sell well, it soon plummets in price. Rally Sport Challenge 2 fell down in price less than 6 weeks after being released. Project Gotham 2 was the same way. It was $49.99 for a while...then the next thing you know it's $29.99 a few weeks later.

If this is a permanent drop on ToS, $15 at BB with GGC would be awesome. Although I already pick up mine at Target for $24 a while back, at least price, I'd probably pick up another to keep a sealed copy for my collection.

19.95 for TOS ? that is such a deal! i payed like 30.00 on sale with coupons and trade ins when it first came out.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Pokemon Pinball for GBA will be mine. I've been waiting for Price drop on it, and have missed it when BB put it to 19.99. Been hankering for some pinball goodness. Thanks benboxer.[/QUOTE]

Better go today and find it....and hide it. We have been out of this game for like a year...all of a sudden it's back in stock this week at my store.

This company so sucks, good thing this is my last week.

[quote name='lurknomore']Time to wait until BB follows suit, and to break out those GGC.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking the same thing. I've been waiting for price drops on Neo Contra and Ghosthunter. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Zon27']Better go today and find it....and hide it. We have been out of this game for like a year...all of a sudden it's back in stock this week at my store.

This company so sucks, good thing this is my last week.[/QUOTE]

You're quitting?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']You're quitting?[/QUOTE]

Yup, my boss is a total ass and I got fed up with it.

One of the reasons why....

Me: So I have to do whatever you say, no matter what?
Him: Yes.
Me: You don't see a problem with that?
Him: When you're parents tell you do something, don't you do it?
Me: It depends on what it is, ofcourse, but mostly not always.
Him: You do what they say though right?
Me: Not always...I have free will and my own mind, you know?
Him: Well whatever, you still have to do whatever I say.
Me: But not no matter what. That's wrong.

The next day I gave my two weeks notice. I bust my ass for that jerk and he didn't give a crap that I was quitting. But then again I should have figured him that way since he doesn't give a shit about his employees.

They need me...I've worked every section of the store in my just under 2 years there and I know how to do every job in the store except SRS (recieving, which I know is easy, scan boxes and make sure we get the correct number of games/videos/etc)...so fuck them.

Looks like it's only going to be a matter of time now until I can get a copy of Rumble Roses for $20.

Then I'll be wrestling more chicks than Andy Kaufman. :lol:

$20 ToS is great if you can't get it at Gamecrazy.

Thanks OP!

ToS looks like a great buy. I will wait for BK to drop to 20 and try to see if Neo Contra ever hits the 10 dollar mark somewhere.

[quote name='t65will']Is the soundtrack for Baten Kaitos worth the extra $10 when compared to getting it at Gamecrazy?[/QUOTE]

Probably not. IIRC, the soundtrack is just a sampler CD, containing a small handful of tracks

The actual soundtrack is 2 CDs, and the music is awesome

Neo Contra was $15 at Eb not more than a few weeks ago. Did everyone here interested in it miss that sale? If it's still on I'd suggest looking into it.

Edit: Same price at Eb, not $15 from the price drop noted on the front page as of 3/31. However if shipping is cheaper, I'd still go that route unless S&H and tax make any differences.

[quote name='GameDude']mech 2 sucks so bad.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, is it worse than the first mechassault?

Anyway, nice price on Pokemon pinball, and I've been waiting for a drop on Ghosthunter. Also, Tales of Symphonia comes highly reccomended at that price.

Okay I've called 4 TRU stores in the past hour about ToS and it seems to me this deal is extremely YMMV. 1 of the 4 stores had the $19.95 price but, as was the case for all four, the game was OOS. Something is extremely fishy how a game could go on sale the first day and mysteriously be OOS already.

[quote name='Zon27']
I bust my ass for that jerk and he didn't give a crap that I was quitting. But then again I should have figured him that way since he doesn't give a shit about his employees.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I'm sorry about your job, but that's retail for you. If you're not management, you're expendable and easily replacable. At least in a chain store. In fact, they don't want the hourlys working there for more than a few years since the tiny raises start adding up and they can easily hire another person who will happily work for minimum.

Don't expect much different experience if you go to anothe retail place.

[quote name='realgouki']I just came back from TRU and TOS is still regular price $49.99 :cry:[/QUOTE]
Yeah definetly call ahead this is YMMV.

[quote name='Msia']Yeah definetly call ahead this is YMMV.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Mine too, however I'm such a stubborn ass I asked the guy (nicely) to double check it. And whaddya know it was reduced. Shoulda seen the look on his face. :eek: .........Priceless.

Cause as far as I had to drive up to my store I was gonna be damned if I was leaving without them for MY Price.

Then I asked him to check BK (I was torn cause I didn't think the snd trk was worth an extra $10) but I got it anyway. And it was reduced as well.

So for those saying it's not on.....umm your wrong, you should have asked a clerk to check it. It's their job, even if they are too darn lazy to change the tags in the case. (It has not been offered online yet, and might only be B&M so I wouldn't wait around if you really want these two games, my store only had 2-3 copies of each in stock, so do as you think necessary)

Thanks Bunches OP (benboxer) now I can enjoy these two RPG's now that they finally came down to my price level.

Happy happy happy me. :)

Lesson for the day boyo's learn to ask questions and be stubborn it makes a difference every now and then.

Yep, mine were marked down for both ToS and BK..thats all I paid attention to.

I think I am going to PM ToS at Sears since they will give you 10% of the difference, which would bring it down to 16.99, plus I have a GC there to use up. I may do the same for Burnout 3, which is being reported to be 19.99 @ Target. Could get the 2 of these games for 34 bucks and nothing out of pocket. :)

I "snagged" a copy of TOS on Friday for $19.99 from TRU. Thank OP for posting this! Still waiting to get a copy of Baten Kaitos for $19.99. No Gamecrazies around here!

bread's done
Back