TrU online: Child Of Eden (Xbox) $39.99, Call Of Juarez, Alice $44.99

Just sent Amazon the price... We'll see what happens.

Ubi games always get lower after a month in sales. I'd see this game being at least $35 before the end of September. Thats why I never buy Ubi or EA games on release day anymore. :lol:

[quote name='hollowfreak']"The Official Get Amazon to Pricematch TRU Thread" :lol:[/QUOTE]
For real.

...Shameless bump added Child Of Eden for Xbox

[quote name='myke-myke']Ubi games always get lower after a month in sales. I'd see this game being at least $35 before the end of September. Thats why I never buy Ubi or EA games on release day anymore. :lol:[/QUOTE]Price drop even faster than 1 once on games that don't sell alot, "never" is a long time & quick price drops can help you get the same lower price along with any pre-order credit deals too. Just bought Red Faction last week to get $10 credit now it's $40 same with LA Noire(next week) but to each their own.

[quote name='Backlash2332x']I'm expecting Jaurez to be $30 or less on black Friday. I can wait until then. But good idea for a thread, op.[/QUOTE]Doubt it will take that long won't sell enough to maintain $60 price point I see $40 MSRP fast and/or $20 off coupon on a game like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the Call of Juarez series. It's a shame they went modern day shooter to help the game sell better but I was surprised to not see it even mentioned at the Ubisoft press conference at E3. They could have just stayed Western if the game isn't going to get any coverage/advertisement

I just want to say that the prices are also in-store, or at least Child of Eden is. I bought Child of Eden at my local Toys R Us and although the sticker said $49.99, the $10 discount will come off at the register.

[quote name='IMURZRO']I just want to say that the prices are also in-store, or at least Child of Eden is. I bought Child of Eden at my local Toys R Us and although the sticker said $49.99, the $10 discount will come off at the register.[/QUOTE]

I was actually able to get Best Buy to price match the price by printing out the product page from TRU's website.

I tried to call my local store to ask the price of Alice. Here is the conversation that took place:

Me: Hi, I am wondering the price of a video game, Alice: Madness Returns for PS3.
Employee: you wanna know the price of the system, ps3?
Me: No, I'm looking for a game price, Alice Madness Returns for PS3
Employee: oh we have a very limited stock of PS2 games
Me: The game is for PS3, it's called Alice Madness Returns it came out Tuesday as a new release.
Employee: Always Madden... um I'm not sure we have that.. but I'll check (puts me on hold before I can correct her)
*3 mins of waiting on hold*
Employee: yeah, we don't have that.. our selection of PS2 games is very low
Me: The game I am looking for is called Alice Madness Returns and it is for PLAYSTATION 3.
Employee: Oh, let me go check that then.
*hold for 5 more mins*
Employee: You said Infamous 2 right?
Me: No, ALICE MADNESS RETURNS FOR PS3!!!!
Employee: OH, well I don't think we have that, sorry.

Someone please tell me if they see the $44.99 price in-store so I can just go pick it up, I know they have it in-stock but it's kinda far and would be a waste if it is full price.

Child of Eden is $39.99 in-store???? If so, I'm in for sure!

EDIT: I reported the better price to amazon. Will keep my fingers crossed that they match, but if they don't by Thursday I'm going to buy it at TRU in-store. Thanks for the heads up on this deal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Child of Eden is getting good reviews too. May have to jump on this, but Id prefer to get it from BB or amazon if possible. Would be nice to dust off the Kinect though

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yes it was on sale in store for $39.99 yesterday.[/QUOTE]

If I heard the guy at the store correctly, he said the sale runs until 6/18.

I want Child of Eden, but many reviews are saying it plays best with Kinect, which I don't have. Not sure I want to pay $100+ to experience a game in it's best settings.

[quote name='Xiemos']I want Child of Eden, but many reviews are saying it plays best with Kinect, which I don't have. Not sure I want to pay $100+ to experience a game in it's best settings.[/QUOTE]

They want you to think it plays best with Kinect, because that's what it says on the box cover and they want to sell more Kinect systems.

However, it plays just as well with the controller, IMO. In fact, I think I prefer the controller to the Kinect because I've become used to the control scheme from Rez. No one should hold off picking up the game only because they don't have a Kinect.

I would say that it's easier to be more accurate with the controller, but you're able to move around the screen a bit quicker with Kinect (which can be helpful).

Hmm call of jurez, ever since red dead redemption I need more western action. How was the call of jure that came out a couple of years ago ? The new one for that pre order price is really good.

Yesterday TRU wasn't offering in-store pickup for Child of Eden, but today they are. I almost put in an order, but I still would rather see amazon match it because no tax is even better. :) I guess I'll try to hold off until Saturday. If amazon hasn't matched by then, then TRU gets my money.

[quote name='heavy liquid']They want you to think it plays best with Kinect, because that's what it says on the box cover and they want to sell more Kinect systems.
[/QUOTE]

Lol, paranoid much?

Picked up Child of Eden in-store for $39.99 this afternoon. I asked the employee working there about the game, and he seemed to know that it was on sale, so I'm guessing that it's valid in all stores. I'm not sure how long the lowered price will last, but I'd guess through the end of the week.

I went in-store to buy Alice and they didn't have it in-stock. Asked the gaming department employee to find it and she looked in their computer and seen that it is not carried in-stores. She said it was an online item only.

Still went to Best Buy across the street and PM'ed the $45 price, good thing they didn't call to verify stock.

wish child of eden came out later so i could have time to get 40$, lol. great price for a great game (i hear), and i don't plan on ever getting kinect (not enough room for it to work in my efficiency apartment, especially the way my cable outlet is setup, and i get free cable, so that determines the spot of my television).

too much info, i know, but wanted to give props for a great thread/thread idea.

[quote name='twztid13']wish child of eden came out later so i could have time to get 40$, lol. great price for a great game (i hear), and i don't plan on ever getting kinect (not enough room for it to work in my efficiency apartment, especially the way my cable outlet is setup, and i get free cable, so that determines the spot of my television).
[/QUOTE]

You know they make extension cables and female/female cable extenders, right? Those things are really cheap and you could get them at Walmart or many other places.

[quote name='genfuyung']I guess amazon isnt gonna match Alice. Lame.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't look like it. Pretty lame if you ask me considering how good they are about price matching every other sale. Alice is OOS online now too at TRU.

My local Toys R Us had no idea what Alice Madness Returns was... Now they do know it exists and they aren't sure if they ever had it in stock....

[quote name='twztid13']wish child of eden came out later so i could have time to get 40$, lol. great price for a great game (i hear), and i don't plan on ever getting kinect (not enough room for it to work in my efficiency apartment, especially the way my cable outlet is setup, and i get free cable, so that determines the spot of my television).

too much info, i know, but wanted to give props for a great thread/thread idea.[/QUOTE]Nyko is putting out a wide angle lens for Kinect. You'll be able to use kinect in a much smaller area with it

bread's done
Back