TRU Pre-Order Problems (11/15/06)

asianxcore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Sorry if this has been posted.

Today I was told by two of our managers that Sony had contacted us regarding our allocations as well as our pre-sales.

They told us that we would ONLY get shipped the 7 pre-sales that we took. On top of that another problem. We did 6 of the 60GB systems and 1 20GB system, as expected. Sony then informed us that they would be mixing our shipments of our pre-orders. Which basically means, that we may not get the 6, 60GB systems that we sold for pre-orders. What they said would happen is there is a good chance that we would be getting more of the 20GB and would have to explain to the customers the situation and apologize.

YMMV, not sure if this is for all TRU's, but definitely keep your eyes and ears open.

Well, that isn't too bad - they could be cutting the shipments in half like they are to EB/GS thus leaving people who camped out overnight to preorder without systems! (I'd be pretty pissed if I was one of 'em!).

[quote name='asianxcore']Sorry if this has been posted.

Today I was told by two of our managers that Sony had contacted us regarding our allocations as well as our pre-sales.

They told us that we would ONLY get shipped the 7 pre-sales that we took. On top of that another problem. We did 6 of the 60GB systems and 1 20GB system, as expected. Sony then informed us that they would be mixing our shipments of our pre-orders. Which basically means, that we may not get the 6, 60GB systems that we sold for pre-orders. What they said would happen is there is a good chance that we would be getting more of the 20GB and would have to explain to the customers the situation and apologize.

YMMV, not sure if this is for all TRU's, but definitely keep your eyes and ears open.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure it's impossible for them to ship you 7 as they ship these in packs of 2.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I'm pretty sure it's impossible for them to ship you 7 as they ship these in packs of 2.[/QUOTE]

My bad. I can't remember if we did 7 or 8 pre-orders.

The cutting shipments seems common right now, but the fact that all the people who pre-ordered the 60GB will probably have to settle for a 20GB is sort of lame.

[quote name='asianxcore']My bad. I can't remember if we did 7 or 8 pre-orders.

The cutting shipments seems common right now, but the fact that all the people who pre-ordered the 60GB will probably have to settle for a 20GB is sort of lame.[/QUOTE]
It's not your fault, I'm saying the number you get shipped will be different than the number you pre-ordered. Our store did 7 60GB and 1 20GB. We obviously can't hit those numbers if they ship in packs of two.

Hmmnn.....any chance if your store did 7 and 1 that they'll ship 8 and 2 if they ship in packs of 2?

The statement was originally that half of their allocation would be preorders and we have YET to hear anything official form Sony or Nintendo regarding launch numbers........

I figure if Sony ships any lower than 300k that this launch coud be considered a failure. Incredibly low amounts of hardware and launch titles that seem to be scoring fairly average scores with most of them being ports is seeming unimpressive right now.

I hope this isn't the case at my store, which had seven 60GB and one 20GB PS3 pre-orders available. Even though me and my cousin have spots 4 and 5, I don't think the store kept a list of who was where in line. There's gonnna be a brawl and I won't be there to help out (my dad's picking up mine). I just hope we are shipped eight 60s and two 20s...*prays* cuz the 2 guys (also related) behind me were really cool. I would hate to have one of them have to get a 20 after sleeping over for 2 nights.

[quote name='asianxcore']Sorry if this has been posted.

YMMV, not sure if this is for all TRU's, but definitely keep your eyes and ears open.[/QUOTE]

Do you have any updates for this?

The 5 stores i called ALL said they will be getting their pre orders IN 100 % for sure. But they had no clue how many units they would be getting in and to make things even worse they said they wouldnt even sell to people in lines if they did get more in then they had pre ordered.

Of course different stores said different things. but its all based on no one knowing how many units they will get until they upload the truck eithe rtonight or tomorrow.

All toys r us had zero people lined up because of this.

update on the PS3 situation

as of today our 7 units have now dropped to 6. I was informed today about this.

hardly apocalyptic, but the 1 person who will not be getting one on Friday at our particular store will not be happy.

Friday is going to suck.

Well, I just got some numbers and let me say, it's not looking good for all the preorders. That's all I can say for now, will know more tomorrow.

[quote name='falcinator']I wonder if 6 was the limit? The store that I went to offered 5/1 and well I was number 6.......[/QUOTE]

Could very well be. As UGamer mentioned, the systems ship in packs of two, so it would be unusual to pre-sale an odd number. Our store pretty much pre-sold the number of PS3 printed pre-sale cards we were sent through DHL, which was 7.

I think there were some people on these boards reporting their TRU's were taking less than 6/7. I could be wrong.

The lesser shipment numbers could be due to the store being a lower volume than others. Mine is an A (high volume) store with 8 pre-orders (7:1). I called last night and found that they haven't received the shipment yet. I'll call later today and give an update.

Yeah with all this craziness going on it seems like most stores have yet to even get any units in at this point. I imagine we won't know "concrete" store numbers until later in the afternoon/early evening.

Update: My manager just called to let me know that we only received 3 of each version. Meaning pre-orders could not even be fullfilled. Our store doesn't know how they're gonna handle the situation yet. But it seems like it'll be a modifyed first-come-first serve for those that pre-ordered, unless we find the list. The ones that are stuck with a 20GB can either take it or wait until the next shipment. Luckily, the store will put a 60GB aside for me, but I don't know about the one for my cousin...this sucks

TRU shipped to stores PS3s in single boxesthey opened the 2 pack box and shipped single units from those-same problem at my store-7 preorders-only 6 systems-3 60gb and 3 20 gb-we preordered 7 60 gb-nice knowing everyone....

[quote name='sren9']TRU shipped to stores PS3s in single boxesthey opened the 2 pack box and shipped single units from those-same problem at my store-7 preorders-only 6 systems-3 60gb and 3 20 gb-we preordered 7 60 gb-nice knowing everyone....[/QUOTE]
Same exact thing happened at my store. I was very surprised at how they opened the packaging and mixed the models.

bread's done
Back