TRU: Purchase PS3 Slim, get FREE remote (In-store ONLY)

woz beard

CAG Veteran
I searched the forum to see if this deal was posted. My apologies if it's a repeat.

I found this deal on toysrus.com.
toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=3108103 (I can't post links because I'm a noob.)

If you purchase a PS3 slim, you get a free remote ($24.99 value). I hope Best Buy can match this as I purchased a PS3 slim yesterday.

Thanks.

You know? One thing I learn from being a CAG... You're never content with what you bought the day before! xD

[quote name='Dahk']I bought my PS3 at Best Buy yesterday. Is there a way I can get this pricematched?[/QUOTE]

BestBuy no longer does post purchase PMing. So you would have to return it and re-buy it with the PM at BestBuy or just go get it from TRU.

If you haven't already, get on this deal. the remote is almost a requirement when owning a ps3. it almost never runs out of batteries, and uses bluetooth so you never have to point it towards a console. You will however realize you are pointing a bluetooth remote at the console and feel silly sometimes though. =)
151l1259.jpg

Has anyone actually been able to purchase a slim at TRU yet? Mine told me last night that they weren't putting them out until 9/1 even though they had them in back.

Thanks for the heads up. Went to BB to PM this deal,they had to return and re buy it but I got the remote.I then in turn go to another store a few hours later to return the remote and purchase a BB 2yr product replacement plan with the $$ i got for the remote.I had to pay $13 for the insurance out of pocket.

That's right, someone like me is never content with whatever deal I get and I will be like this for the next 29 days.I also purchased a 3 yr Square Trade insurance along with this BB Protection Plan.

I'm glad I heard about this deal, otherwise I would not have been able to save some $$ and put it towards my peace of mind.

I like shopping at B&M stores.No wait times and easy and quick returns are always a plus.But for me the biggest factor why i shop at BB is because its across the street from where I live and I was able to purchase GC's for that store at 25% off face value from people who don't need them.So to each his own deal.

[quote name='neoroark']Has anyone actually been able to purchase a slim at TRU yet? Mine told me last night that they weren't putting them out until 9/1 even though they had them in back.[/QUOTE]

We have them for sale at my TRU, have since 8/26.

Edit:
Oh and this promotion ends 8/29, so that would make it pointless.

[quote name='neoroark']Has anyone actually been able to purchase a slim at TRU yet? Mine told me last night that they weren't putting them out until 9/1 even though they had them in back.[/QUOTE]

Your TRU just has clueless employees. There was an email sent out to all stores to ignore the 9/1 date and to sell them as soon as they were in. I sold one within 5 minutes of them being delivered.

I was wondering what the promo attached to it was. We couldn't figure it out the other day.

Just got mine in media,pa. Idk how Many ps3s they had but i know they only had 2 remotes left. I called prior to going and the worker had no ideas about the deal, just have your store ring up the remote as it comes with a promo notification attached.

[quote name='qwazelbee']We have them for sale at my TRU, have since 8/26.

Edit:
Oh and this promotion ends 8/29, so that would make it pointless.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't find the expiration date on the link. I wonder if I print it out and show BB if they will call to double check if I were to buy it after that date...

Thanks, today's TRU employee at the same store was happy to sell me the Slim and also understood the promo. Got the next to last remote and Slim. Thanks OP!

Sonystyle.com has the same deal.

AND if you apply for the sony credit card you can get a 100$ credit card credit for purchases over 299.

Which means, you buy a ps3 slim from them get a free remote AND it only cost 199 + tax/shipping. That is a fricken sweet deal

You're welcome, folks!

I went back to BB and showed the promo, but they refused to honor it. I'll return it tomorrow morning and buy it at the TRU across the street.

I'd be willing to sign up for the Playstation card to get the $100 off but:
When do I receive the $100?
As this would be my first credit card, are you still charged a monthly fee if you don't buy anything?

[quote name='gamenlegend']I'd be willing to sign up for the Playstation card to get the $100 off but:
When do I receive the $100?
As this would be my first credit card, are you still charged a monthly fee if you don't buy anything?[/QUOTE]

I think when and if you get approved you get the $100 credit instantly on checkout when you buy the PS3.

No monthly fee as long as you pay it in full before the due date, same with most credit cards unless there is a 0% interest financing option.Most likely with this card there is no 0% financing.
If you don't have a balance on your card there is no fee to keep the card.

Lastly I think with this card if you spend another $1500 using this card you get another $100, and when you reach spending of $3000 you get another $100. So total saved is $300. You can use the card on groceries and other things. Very nice deal really for those who needs to open a new line of credit.

[quote name='dcm1602']Sonystyle.com has the same deal.

AND if you apply for the sony credit card you can get a 100$ credit card credit for purchases over 299.

Which means, you buy a ps3 slim from them get a free remote AND it only cost 199 + tax/shipping. That is a fricken sweet deal[/QUOTE]

Link? I went to sonystyle and couldn't find mention of this offer.

[quote name='plong']Link? I went to sonystyle and couldn't find mention of this offer.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know if this deal is still offered too! I might just try to apply and see, but dont want to if it would make me miss the $100 off offer.

I applied for the sony card, but meanwhile got in on the Sears 160GB Uncharted bundle for 299. Now I hope I get approved for this card, then decide what to do with all these PS3s...

I just got back with the Toys R' Us, the employee knew about the PS3 Slim + blu ray remote free deal, so it worked out well. I just hope There aren't any hardware issues on the Slim like the 360 had.

I returned my fatty and got a slim w/free remote. The dude at TRU had no clue about the free remote deal...told me it must be online only. I had him ring up a slim and the remote and it popped up the offer on his screen and removed the price of the remote. Great deal, especially if you plan to use your PS3 for movies and music. It's a pain to have to turn on/off the dual shock 3 every time you use it to change something.

I guess it pays off to keep trying.

After getting rejected by Best Buy to PM the offer, I returned the next day and spoke to another manager. They finally offered to accept the PM. However, I was charged $0.01 for some odd reason. I'll take that!

[quote name='woz beard'] After getting rejected by Best Buy to PM the offer, I returned the next day and spoke to another manager. They finally offered to accept the PM. However, I was charged $0.01 for some odd reason. I'll take that![/QUOTE]

I did the same thing, and was charged $0.01 for the remote. This is better, because my original receipt for (and value of) the PS3 Slim is unchanged. It is not the normal way BB does a PM, so I wonder if there is a corporate memo out about this?

Best Buy matched mine. Didn't think I'd like the remote near as much as I have. This is my 2nd PS3 and is probably going to be used primarily as a movie player.

Thanks TRU.

They charged me a penny for the remote but took a penny off the price of the Slim to make up for it.

bread's done
Back