TRU sale stacking Fri/Sat only possibly (glitch?)

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
SHORT VERSION: The Fri/Sat B1G1 half off sale on $19.99 games seems to stack on games with other discounts.
I bought two $20 games, and got one of them free as the half off discount of $10 was taken off, as well as another $10 discount.

LONG VERSION:I went to TRU to take advantage of the sale life.exe posted here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220436

Basically, all games under $19.99 are "buy 1, get one 50% off".

However, if you get a game that already has a discount, it seems both sales are applied to it.
This was my purchase.

Crisis Core - $19.99
Soul Bubbles - $19.99

I expected to pay about $30.xx, but the total was $20.xx as Soul Bubbles had an extra $10 discount on top of the B1G1 half off.

My receipt reads as follows:

Crisis Core - $19.99
Soul Bubbles - $19.99
[Buy 1 Get 1 50% off -10.00]
[$10 Off Select Item -10.00]

Total $21.xx (after tax)
So I got Soul Bubbles for free.

So, I don't know what other games have a discount this week but seems like it will stack but I would make sure it is the second game scanned to be safe.

Here's a pic of my reciept, sorry so blurry. Phone cam.
2el5mvs.jpg

[quote name='Guerrilla']You could theoretically get 2x Soul Bubbles for $9.98+tax then...[/QUOTE]

poor soul bubbles... its like the prime target for every tru glitch.

Soul Bubbles is actually a gem of a game. Everyone should pick up one copy for themselves if this glitch/deal is still working tomorrow.

[quote name='Josef']Soul Bubbles is actually a gem of a game. Everyone should pick up one copy for themselves if this glitch/deal is still working tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's a very neat little DS game. Maybe not worth the full $20 but if you can get it for free or as part of a glitch or something it's quite fun and different.

[quote name='Penguin1084']poor soul bubbles... its like the prime target for every tru glitch.[/quote]
So true. I've kept a copy though since it's a decent game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Guerrilla']You could theoretically get 2x Soul Bubbles for $9.98+tax then...[/quote]

Man, that seems awfully expensive considering what happened in November. Cheapest stocking stuffers ever!

[quote name='Josef']Soul Bubbles is actually a gem of a game. Everyone should pick up one copy for themselves if this glitch/deal is still working tomorrow.[/quote]
i thought soul bubbles was one of the best ds games

FYE will take your orphaned copy of Soul Bubbles for $7 cash or $8.75 credit.

I sold my copy recently, but now my niece just bought a DS and wants it.
If anyone gets a spare one from this sale, PM me. I'll PP $10 for it. (new or used/complete)

Soul bubble and spectrobes 2 would come out free if they're the 2nd game you purchase of the two. The games normally 30 on sale for 20 won't work though. The buy 1 get 1 half off only applies to those 'regularly' priced at 19.99 and under.

[quote name='dallow']However, if you get a game that already has a discount, it seems both sales are applied to it.
[/quote]

So is there a list of games available that already has a discount like soul Bubbles?

[quote name='shoe478']The real question is, what happens when you buy a Soul Bubbles and a Spectrobes?[/QUOTE]

gam_divbyzero_490.jpg

Thats some dangerous thinking! LOL I'll let you know when I try it in a few hours :p

[quote name='shoe478']The real question is, what happens when you buy a Soul Bubbles and a Spectrobes?
ig.jpg
[/quote]

I will let you know when i will buy it.LOL

picked up 4 games to scan them but dont know if either package worth it

Dragon Ball: Origins +
Paws & Claws: Pampered Pets 26.xx

End war + smackdown 2009 ds 26.xx

OP should list what games would be eligible for the $10 discount stack. Would be useful, instead of researching by looking into a store that's 50 miles away. Thankx

Which TRU did you go to, dallow?

I was thinking about checking this out later today, and since I'm in the Dallas area, I might as well go to the same store.

[quote name='darkchaostitan']OP should list what games would be eligible for the $10 discount stack. Would be useful, instead of researching by looking into a store that's 50 miles away. Thankx[/quote]

Telling uas and taking a picture of his reciept is def good enough and I am greatful. He purchased these games by chance and received this deal. Just be thanks he showed us.

The discount is tied to soul bubbles. 2 copies = 10.XX. They scan at 9.99 separately. SB and another $10 game come out to $15. I think it matters what order they are scanned. The sale is over here, but I would try to scan the other game first and scan SB second. I think that will reproduce the OP's results.

[quote name='slowdive21']The discount is tied to soul bubbles. 2 copies = 10.XX. They scan at 9.99 separately. SB and another $10 game come out to $15. I think it matters what order they are scanned. The sale is over here, but I would try to scan the other game first and scan SB second. I think that will reproduce the OP's results.[/quote]

Partially incorrect.

I bought a copy of SB and the $10 Spectrobes game and the total was $10.xx

Tried to grab Sonic and transformers Animated. Massive Fail for the discount even though both were 19.99 (Transformers was marked down $10 this weekend)

[quote name='siderealshift']Which TRU did you go to, dallow?

I was thinking about checking this out later today, and since I'm in the Dallas area, I might as well go to the same store.[/quote]Sorry I missed your question. I was away the weekend. I just went to my local one on 35 & 121 area.

[quote name='bmoregeniusinc']Telling uas and taking a picture of his reciept is def good enough and I am greatful. He purchased these games by chance and received this deal. Just be thanks he showed us.[/quote]Thanks, I'm glad it helped even a few people here.

[quote name='anathema728']@dallow: turn on macro mode when taking pictures up close[/quote]It was an iPhone cam, no macro mode. :bomb:

[quote name='Bezerker']I can confirm the OP's reportings. Two copies of soul bubbies came up as $9.99 + tax[/quote]Ha, nice!

bread's done
Back