TRU Sale starting 3/7: BOGO PS/PS2 Value Games

bingbangboom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Starting 3/7 at Toys R Us, all PS2/PS games in the R-Zone value racks will be Buy One get One free. They are underselect skn numbers though so don't try to fool them by saying you got a NFL Street from there.

There are alot of Greatest Hits games in there, so if you are looking to pick up some titles that you have missed, it would be a good opprotinuty. One problem is that boxes are shipped with around 24 games of a select type. They might have PS2 Greatest Hits, Sports, Racing, Family, Action. So it is sort of hard to tell which games are in the box.

Also lately they have been shipping some of the games out of the plastic outer case. So if you see a game $19.99 that has a yellow circle sticker saying R-Zone Value Game that is also included but ask first.

Not a bad deal, considering how many quality Greatest Hits titles there are out there.

Still not quite as good as the buy 2/get 1 free deal from a little while back...because you could get new releases with that one (Crimson Skies, Otogi: Myth of Demons, and Ghost Recon: Island Thunder for $90!).

Yeah, BBB, thanks for the info, I've been looking to get a few GH titles like Jak and Sly, but didn't want to pay $20 (or $15 with BBGGC) for just 1.

nows a great time to complied a list of common games found in that rack.... we're taalkng about the usually cardboard value rack... with games in a lot of those opaque plastic security case handles.

basically... the ACTUAL games are on the floor... secured... and called value soft.

right? right...

so heres what i have see in those racks at more than one toys r us.

PS2

Metropolismania
Jak and Daxter
Top Gear Dare Devil
Stuntman

Anyone Else? Pulling a blank...

Last time I went to TRU I saw a lot of games with these stickers. For some reason the only one I can remember off hand is...

Disney's PK Out Of The Shadows

Sounds like a good deal though. I'd like to pick up some GH games.

I have seen bunches and bunches of Mad Maestro! there, some marked $19.99, some marked $9.99, at the same store. I was tempted to ask the clerk which she thought was the best "Value", but the censor in my brain worked for once, and I decided it just wasn't worth it. If I can find any of the $9.99 ones when this deal goes into effect, it might be time to finally pick up that game.

If I can find a Ridge Racer in there, then it might be worth it.

Spring's coming around soon, any news on a Buy Two Get One Free Deal at TRU?

No idea on any Buy 2 get third Free deals. Basically I get to see what they want to show. Heck, one of the odd things is that some of the bundle hardware specials that they have with that upcoming ad they don't have the games determined yet. But there will be bundles for all systems with saving $30. I do know that the PS2 one is similar to the current one with Ratchet & Clank and Sly cooper.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Spring's coming around soon, any news on a Buy Two Get One Free Deal at TRU?[/quote]

Methinks those deals run around late October/early November at TRU.

What does R-zone mean? Can I order these buy one get one free on ToysRus.com? Are Kingdom Hearts and Xenosaga included in the sale?

1. R-zone is the name of the Toys R Us Videogame section.

2. No, this is instore only because the games come in mixed boxes.

3. As far as I have seen neither Kingdom Hearts nor Xenosaga have ever been in the Value Software currently.

I think the last time I really remember the sale for B2GTF was during Easter and October... hmmm... Easter is coming? Also last year was the first time that GC & XB games were included in the mix.

Yeah, I know they had B2GOF deals in the Spring and Fall. Hopefully there's one coming up sometime soon and it includes all systems.

I cleaned house this past fall before Christmas with it. Ended up with 15 games and 4 Jumbo Simbas and Nalas. That was a great little deal.

The one last year in spring started on April 13th. I remember because that was my birthday and I picked up World Series Baseball 2k3, Def Jam Vendetta, and Midnight Club 2

[quote name='PS2gamerGCN']The one last year in spring started on April 13th. I remember because that was my birthday and I picked up World Series Baseball 2k3, Def Jam Vendetta, and Midnight Club 2[/quote]

Whoa, my b-day is 4-13 as well. I got Def Jam for my birthday as a gift (Gamecube version).

TRU came through again for me. I went to an out of my area one...because I was there. I was like ahhh let me just see what they have. I scored 8 brand new dreamcast controllers at $1.98 each! Perfect for the 2 systems I picked up at Gamestop. Now I just need to find some of those cheap VMU's :)

[quote name='bingbangboom']

I think the last time I really remember the sale for B2GTF was during Easter and October... hmmm... Easter is coming? Also last year was the first time that GC & XB games were included in the mix.[/quote]

That's good for me. Ill be on vacation starting sat and wont be back to the next sat so the sale will have already been going for almost a week. I'd hate to think that I missed out on buying Kingdom Hearts (finally) and getting a free game with it.

I heard that they also do the Buy 2 get 1 free sale in April. I saw someone mention this in a forum last October. I myself never seen this deal in April.

Do we have complete confirmation on this deal? Any exclusions? There's actually some good stuff in the R'Zone racks. I kind of regret buying Stretch Panic in a moment of spontaneuity, because my local TRU still has a bunch, and I could've got it cheaper.

Just got back from the TRU sale and picked up ape escape 2 & RE for ps2.

I got there right when it opened and was all alone to pick whatever I wanted.

Unfortunately the Cashier was a complete moron and when I went to pay the games rang up at over $40 so I pointed to the large sign on top of the bin that was 4 feet directly in front of him and said that the games were buy one get one free. He then proceeded to call someone and after 20 minutes of discussing they finally gave me my games for $20.

I mean the sign had big red letters saying "buy one get second FREE", but that didn't seem to convince the guy. I guess him watching me pull the games from the bin 4 feet in front of him where the sign was didn't convince him either.

ooo, I'll have to get Harvest Moon now :)

and scrubking that may beat my ToysRUS deal where Arc the Lad was marked $49 and rang up $69, it even had the right numbers on the price sticker, they were all marked like this. and to top it offf while the cashier called the manager he tried to remove the $49 tag.

Just got back from the Peabody, Ma TRU.

I picked up:
Monkey Island 4
VF4 EVO
Soul Reaver 2
Bloody Roar 3

All for $40.

Keep in mind that this sale only applies to PS2/PS1 titles. I saw a few xbox games in the bin, but they weren't discounted at the register.

Other games I saw for PS2:
Kengo
Harvest Moon
Dark Cloud
VF4 Regular
Mojo
Mad Maestro
Stretch Panic
Dave Mira BMX (2 i think)
Kinetica
Metropolismania
EJay Club World
King of Route 66

I'm forgetting alot, but I was there a week ago, and the selection today was MUCH LARGER than it was last week. I checked Sly Cooper/Ratchet and Clank, but they didn't come up as BOGO. BUT! She only pricechecked it, she didn't actually ring it in. The actual pricechecking might have nullified the BOGO, so if anyone wants to pretend to buy the both of them and see what happens, that'd be great.

Also, all of the title had a different UPC sticker over their original ones. Keep that in mind while hunting.

the xbox games were discounted if you asked. got an xbox and ps2 game for $15 total.
what pisses me off is that most of the PS2 GH titles I would have wanted, like Sly Cooper or Rachet and Clank...or even like Twisted Metal...none of them were part of the deal. the TRU by me didn't even have VF4 Evolution as part of the deal, which I would have wanted to pick up.

YMMV on what is a value title and what isn't. My Pinole, Bay Area, CA TRU had total crap as value titles. No Ape Escape 2, RE2 or Harvest Moon titles that were mentioned earlier. Only things worth noting here was BG: Dark Alliance (still $20), Escape from Monkey Island ($10 for PC in most places) and Virtua Figther 4 (wasn't EVO though)

Just picked up Harvest Moon and Legia 2 for $20 at the TRU here in CR,IA. Games I saw that I don't believe have been mentioned: Parappa 2, Tekken Tag GH, Antz, a UFC game, Legends of Wrestling. Happy hunting!

Man, I wish my Toys r Us would've had Harvest Moon. I wanted that and Ace Combat 04, but no Harvest Moon in sight. They had a crapload of Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution, Midnight Club, Dark Cloud, Headhunter, Sled Storm,

Novi, MI

I just got Smugglers Run and Legends of Wrestling. No Ape Escape 2 or Escape from Monkey Island. They must not like monkeys. :( lol

[quote name='evilmax17']
I'm forgetting alot, but I was there a week ago, and the selection today was MUCH LARGER than it was last week. I checked Sly Cooper/Ratchet and Clank, but they didn't come up as BOGO. BUT! She only pricechecked it, she didn't actually ring it in. The actual pricechecking might have nullified the BOGO, so if anyone wants to pretend to buy the both of them and see what happens, that'd be great.
[/quote]

Ratchet & Clank and Sly Cooper were both included in the BOGO at my TRU. They were in the R-ZONE Value display with the other BOGO games, and they rang up correctly wihout my having to say anything. Picked up one of each, along with Burnout and Hitman 2.

These are most of the games that I found at the store in Burbank, CA

Spy hunter
Head Hunter
Gran Turismo 3
Spy Cooper
Baldur's Gate
Bloody Roar 3
Hitman 2
Harvest Moon
Jak and Daxter
Stretch Panic
Parappa the Rappa 2
Ace Combat
Blood Omen 2

I didn't pick any of em up though so they might still be there.

The wierd thing about these value games is that only copies of games with the value upc work. I saw copies of Sly Cooper, Midnight Club, Crazy Taxi, SSX, Dave Mirra, Just Bring It, both included with the deal, and some not.

I was tempted to go up to a clerk and ask them to slap a value sticker on a couple of GH I couldn't find in the bin

i just picked up:

pryzm - 9.99
mojo - 9.99
mad maestro - 9.99
Metropolismania - 14.99
jak & daxter- 19.99
soul reaver 2 - 19.99

i traded in pryzm, mojo, mad maestro and Metropolismania at eb for the 4 for 1 deal for mgs:ts. and i think i might go in pick those 4 games up again and do the ffxi deal too. overall this was a great sale for me. :)

I got:
Onimusha 2
Ratchet and Clank

I saw:
Baulders Gate Dark Alliance
Midnight Club
Metropolismania
Mad Maestro
Spy Hunter
Sly Cooper

On shelves (w/o sticker, no deal):
Jak and Daxter