TRU Select Games 2 for $20 PS3/360

Picked up Mortal Kombat KE and Batman GOTY edition. Some interesting games in there but I would rather purchase the GOTY editions of them. Thanks op!

Whoa, good deal but what's up with this?

I ordered KOA and Binary Domain, but after hitting "submit" it tells me that KOA is out of stock, and the receipt says $22.98?

Cancelled the order of course, but that was ridiculous.

kingdoms of amalur is a great game. i you can't figure out a 2nd game to get pick it up. it's sorta like fable before fable started to suck. Large game world, hundreds of quests and optional dungeons and more.  one of the more under rated games of this gen.

Thoughts on whether it is worth it to buy Dead Island for $10 here or wait to find another sale on Dead Island GOTY edition?  Never played it so I don't know what I'm missing out on by just buying the vanilla version.

kingdoms of amalur is a great game. i you can't figure out a 2nd game to get pick it up. it's sorta like fable before fable started to suck. Large game world, hundreds of quests and optional dungeons and more. one of the more under rated games of this gen.
I would recommend Syndicate if you haven't played that one.

Singularity is a somewhat underrated game as well, although I only see 360 version for that one.

Split/Second is also a fun arcade racer.

I'm pretty sure all of these games were total sales flops at the time, so they are probably getting hard to find in stores and won't be part of any future "black friday" type sales.

As far as games I haven't played, I was considering these myself:
F1 Race Stars

Tekken Tag 2

Lego Lord of the Rings

Left 4 Dead GOTY Edition

Star Trek (yeah I know the game sucks, but worth a quick play and re-sell?... maybe)

Thanks, OP! I picked up Kingdoms of Amalur ( :ps3:) and Sonic Generations ( :360:), though I forgot to check if they were eligible for ShopRunner (d'oh!). Oh well, it's not like I need to play those right away. :)
Surprised you didn't get 'Cabela'. However, it isn't Shoprunner eligible and, probably, would be here on time so I left it.

Is this also in store?
Only if it gives you the Store Pick Up option. You can buy it online, then go pick it up.

Thoughts on whether it is worth it to buy Dead Island for $10 here or wait to find another sale on Dead Island GOTY edition? Never played it so I don't know what I'm missing out on by just buying the vanilla version.
Is that the PS3 version?

The GOTY edition is $11.99 on NewEgg with free shipping right now.

Is that the PS3 version?

The GOTY edition is $11.99 on NewEgg with free shipping right now.
I really prefer to have the 360 version, but damn that's a good price. I like keeping my PS3 collection to strictly PS3 exclusives to keep the wear and tear down on it. The 360 GOTY version is like $22. Probably pass on that.

I really prefer to have the 360 version, but damn that's a good price. I like keeping my PS3 collection to strictly PS3 exclusives to keep the wear and tear down on it. The 360 GOTY version is like $22. Probably pass on that.
I'm not sure how well you trust Amazon sellers, but someone has it as low as $10 + $4.59 for shipping right now.

Got Star Trek PS3 and Left 4 Dead. Seems the Left 4 Dead GoTY just added a survival pack which I don't care for. Glad I can stock up on some local co-op games. 

I thought it was a great sale, despite what some are saying, thanks OP.

I'm not sure how well you trust Amazon sellers, but someone has it as low as $10 + $4.59 for shipping right now.
Thanks man, but I'll pass on that too. The CAG in me just won't let me get it for anything more than $10 right now. I've missed it a few times already at that price, so I'll just have to wait until the next time.

Thanks man, but I'll pass on that too. The CAG in me just won't let me get it for anything more than $10 right now. I've missed it a few times already at that price, so I'll just have to wait until the next time.

Good idea, with the new systems coming out we can only hope all the older games will drop in price to $10 and below. I'm just hoping re-sellers don't end up with all the copies and start pushing them at 3x their value.

Thanks OP, finally jumped on :360: Otomedius Excellent and grabbed :360: Sonic Generations since site glitches made me miss it during the Microsoft Store sale.
Otomedius is $7.50 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Otomedius-Excellent-Xbox-360/dp/B003WY86NE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379955878&sr=8-1&keywords=Otomedius+Excellent
Man, you guys need to check the forums more. Just yesterday I think it was it was $8 or $9 on newegg for the Xbox version (GOTY). I passed because, well, even that doesn't seem worth it. I mean, look at the used prices on eBay. There's no demand for it, so it's not worth shit. I could pick it up at any time at a cheap price on there...

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon will price match this since it is online only, the only caveat is the games have to be sold by amazon not a third party. Talked to them via chat about it this morning. Maybe this will help for the OOS games.

I've been wanting to play Star Trek so I grabbed that, and the only thing remotely appealing that was available and I didn't have already was Shift 2.  Thanks OP.

I was able to snatch up some Lego games to play with the kids.  $10 a pop brand new is a pretty good deal in my eyes.

There are several of the Lego games on the list. Those are popular with the younger crowd. I know my son (6) especially likes the Batman 2 and Indiana Jones 2 Lego games.

Man, you guys need to check the forums more. Just yesterday I think it was it was $8 or $9 on newegg for the Xbox version (GOTY). I passed because, well, even that doesn't seem worth it. I mean, look at the used prices on eBay. There's no demand for it, so it's not worth shit. I could pick it up at any time at a cheap price on there...
Sorry bro, I check when I can. By the time I get to a thread of interest you guys have already bought them all. lol

Amazon will price match this since it is online only, the only caveat is the games have to be sold by amazon not a third party. Talked to them via chat about it this morning. Maybe this will help for the OOS games.
Any confirmation on this? I noticed that KOA price jumped back to $19.99 (was 19.79 or something this morning).

Any confirmation on this? I noticed that KOA price jumped back to $19.99 (was 19.79 or something this morning).
I would say it is YMMV, it is what they told me, they ended up giving me a $5 promo credit bc the games I wanted were not offered by amazon and i could not get them through amazon.

I would say it is YMMV, it is what they told me, they ended up giving me a $5 promo credit bc the games I wanted were not offered by amazon and i could not get them through amazon.
I've never price matched with Amazon. Do I call or email them? And what should I tell them from there? "Hey TRU is running a deal, and before I buy KOA and FFXIII-2 from them, I was wondering if I could price match..."

I started a chat with customer service and told them that TRU was offering a 2 for $20 on ps3 games, in particular, 2 games i wanted. I sent them the link to the PS3 sale page and told them I would prefer to do business with amazon (which is true, especially since I have prime and have an amazon chase visa that gives me free points each month). The rep said they could match if the games were sold by amazon (not just fulfilled by amazon0, but could not if they are sold by third party marketplaces.

Thanks OP!  Grabbed Lego Pirates of the Caribbean and Lego Lord of the Rings (PS3) to play with my son.  I'm so so tired of Lego Batman 2, lol.  Both came to $21.35 shipped.

I started a chat with customer service and told them that TRU was offering a 2 for $20 on ps3 games, in particular, 2 games i wanted. I sent them the link to the PS3 sale page and told them I would prefer to do business with amazon (which is true, especially since I have prime and have an amazon chase visa that gives me free points each month). The rep said they could match if the games were sold by amazon (not just fulfilled by amazon0, but could not if they are sold by third party marketplaces.
Dumb question, but by "chat" do you mean phone call or some sort of Amazon instant messaging system? And thanks for the input.

Cool, I was too late to the party to score on any of the really good deals. But there was some meat left on the bone, for sure. I scored a brand spankin' new copy of The Michael Jackson Experience Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (on  :360:, the  :ps3: copies were OOS) [which is well worth $10 just for the Phantasy Star games], and I couldn't find anything else I didn't already have (that was in stock and worth a damn) so I got a 2nd copy of the new Star Trek Gears of War 3. I never finished the campaign on it, and I let my sister and her boyfriend borrow it a long ass time ago, so I guess I'll just let them keep it. I'm happy with that - 2 brand new games, one of which has 40+ games in it, for $21.40 shipped. Thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone else only seeing 7 games available now?  Good thing I put my order in when I did (just a couple hours ago).  I was going to double check the list to make sure there wasn't anything else I wanted but it looks like its all but dead...

Man, that's a really bad selection of games.

Edit:

What are you people seeing? Everything that's even worth acknowledging has either been $10 or less already. Hell, RE6 is $10 on Newegg now, and The Darkness 2 is $7.50 on Newegg right now. This sale blows... Their prices are so outdated. On sale practically everything on this list is below $10. Dead Island GOTY was just like $8.
where are you seeing the darkness 2 for $7.50 on newegg?

Yeah, they lowered the price on some like Disneyland for Kinect to $14.99 and removed them from the sale. I was going to get Mortal Kombat Komplete but I had already bought Sonic Generations with Saint Row 2. I don't like the Lego games so I'll pass on buying extras. Like everyone else, I've got more games in my backlog than I can play before I end up in an old folks home.

you can only get 2 games per order which is really lame

I want to get a bunch of games but i'm not about to make 3-4 orders of 2 games each, that's stupid

I'm having trouble having them ring up as $9.99 in my cart. Shipping kill the deal for anyone else?
First, make sure the games you are trying to buy have the "2 for $20" in their description. The original link posted showed all games under $20, some of which are not part of the deal (Minecraft was one of the games not available in the deal).

Otherwise, as soon as you put two participating titles in your cart, their price should change to $10 a piece.

Another note, if you are trying to buy more than two, only the first two will have the reduced price. You cannot purchase more than two games per order.

Dang! Was going to finish the Ezio trilogy, but Brotherhood is pickup on. Thanks anyway, OP! This isn't half bad if you're looking for some older titles.

First, make sure the games you are trying to buy have the "2 for $20" in their description. The original link posted showed all games under $20, some of which are not part of the deal (Minecraft was one of the games not available in the deal).

Otherwise, as soon as you put two participating titles in your cart, their price should change to $10 a piece.

Another note, if you are trying to buy more than two, only the first two will have the reduced price. You cannot purchase more than two games per order.
Okay I see where I goofed up. Thanks for clearing it up. Kind of silly the link would direct you to all games that are $20 and not just the ones part of the deal. LEGO LoTR looked appealing, but I couldn't find anything that was still in stock that would ship to home justifiable to pull the trigger. Thanks again.

bread's done
Back