TRU Selling Lair Early??

bigsyxxy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I just came back from TRU in Campbell, CA and saw Lair for PS3 sitting on the shelf with a tag ready to be bought...only saw 2 copies but my guess is that they are selling another game early...I personally am not that interested but for those who are it wouldnt hurt to check since TRU apparently learned nothing from the Bioshock date break...

[quote name='lurknomore']Are we sure about this....I didn't even think that it was legitimately on the shelves yet.[/quote]
Call your local gamestop and ask. People who have preorders have been getting calls saying the game is in today.

Stealth early release FTW!

[quote name='Masterkyo']the review is Up and its not that great. Same as Warhawk :([/quote]

Warhawk has an 83% on Game Rankings. That is not shabby at all.

However, Lair does get a 67%, so you're partially right about the suck.

I went in today and saw it on the shelf. The employee said that it came in with a note to sell on Sept 4 then received an e-mail late morning to approve sales at noon today.

I got an automated call today saying it was in at Gamestop. My theory is they are selling it early, hoping folks will buy it before it gets anymore crappy review scores.

[quote name='devildr1ver']i dont trust ign.com for gamereviews since they gave godhand a mediocre 3/10 (i think) when its a 4/5[/QUOTE]

Then trust the other sites that are giving it mediocre reviews.
Then again my Blue Dragon is getting pretty crappy reviews to and I still have it ore-ordered.

Good deal for those that want it early I suppose.

I just cancelled my Lair pre-order ($41 shipped) because I saw IGN's review (taking everyone elses mediocre reviews into account as well). Still highly looking forward to Warhawk and Heavenly Sword, however. :)

Lair isn't street dated. Just because a game is coming out on a certain date doesn't mean it's street dated. Lair can be sold upon receivement.

[quote name='Scorch']Lair isn't street dated. Just because a game is coming out on a certain date doesn't mean it's street dated. Lair can be sold upon receivement.[/quote]

So then IGN's article is false?

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']So then IGN's article is false?[/quote]

What article?

I don't know what they said, but as far as I know, Lair didn't have a street date. Nothing on our forms said anything about street dating on it and we didn't even receive it early like we normally do with games that are SD'ed.

[quote name='Scorch']What article?

I don't know what they said, but as far as I know, Lair didn't have a street date. Nothing on our forms said anything about street dating on it and we didn't even receive it early like we normally do with games that are SD'ed.[/quote]

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/817/817092p1.html

I don't know if that's enough though, IGN's known to pull a lot of shit out of their ass. He might just be using the term lightly.

I'm keeping my MTV.com $33.44 pre-order. I'd rather play the game myself to see if it sucks. And that whole IGNorant thing, and that wonderful God Hand review.

[quote name='OldKai']I'm keeping my MTV.com $33.44 pre-order. I'd rather play the game myself to see if it sucks. And that whole IGNorant thing, and that wonderful God Hand review.[/quote]

You're the first person I've heard from who also preordered from MTV.com. It will be interesting to see if it changes status tomorrow...

Went into Gamestop and they DID have the game in stock, but I just cancelled my preorder and switched it over to SKATE. I'm not dropping $60 on a game that's supposedly mediocre at best.

[quote name='OldKai']I'm keeping my MTV.com $33.44 pre-order. I'd rather play the game myself to see if it sucks. And that whole IGNorant thing, and that wonderful God Hand review.[/quote]why would you put yourself in such a position.

I just noticed that shop.mtv.com pushed the release date back to September 4th... I might just go pick it up at a store tomorrow, and if it arrives, I can return it to wherever I pick it up tomorrow.

man that sux that this game isn't any good. I don't even own a PS3 but I was hoping this would give it a shot in the arm

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']So then IGN's article is false?[/QUOTE]
reviews are opinions. Not a matter of true or false. It is a matter whether you feel greg miller's opinions is close to yours.

i guess it's really to the individuals... yes, i agree, if a game sucks, it usually has low ratings. However, it's still entirely up to the individual to decide. Like the rubber ducky game, it got terrible reviews, but from the demo, i didn't find it that bad... anyhow, i'm keeping my $41 shipped Lair from Overstock (it's showing up as accepted, so i guess i'm not getting it early).

I just got a PS3 from the Amazon deal- so is the only game worth getting after 9 months still just Resistance? Are there any other exclusive games that I'd want to drop up to $60 on?

[quote name='rerun']I just got a PS3 from the Amazon deal- so is the only game worth getting after 9 months still just Resistance? Are there any other exclusive games that I'd want to drop up to $60 on?[/QUOTE]

Warhawk is incredible. Great reviews and a great game...how often does that happen with the PS3?

On topic:

I encourage everyone to wait to buy Lair. This thing is going to drop like a rock. I predict $19.99 by the Christmas shopping season.

[quote name='bo0']reviews are opinions. Not a matter of true or false. It is a matter whether you feel greg miller's opinions is close to yours.[/quote]

Stop misquoting me :bomb:

That was in reference to the new article about the street date, not the review.

[quote name='rerun']I just got a PS3 from the Amazon deal- so is the only game worth getting after 9 months still just Resistance? Are there any other exclusive games that I'd want to drop up to $60 on?[/quote]

Besides Resistance:
MotorStorm
Nija Gaiden: Sigma (must-buy if you've never played the original, worth checking out/renting regardless)
Warhawk
Super Stardust HD
Heavenly Sword (comes out in a week)

If you don't have a 360 already, The Darkness, R6: Vegas, and GRAW2 are pretty good too.

The sad thing about the PS3 so far is that they keep pinning their hopes on the NEXT big release, and they always disappoint. Resistance is excellent, but after that, Sony kept saying "Wait till you see Motorstorm!"..it comes out and is mostly forgotten.. then its "Well, Lair will blow you away!"...sadly, Lair just plain blows. I hope that heavenly sword is great (the demo is very fun), but Sony is just a victim of their own arrogance. They have been eating crow so much recently, it surprizes me black feathers don't come out of their mouths everytime they talk.

bread's done
Back