TRU-The LOWEST Price EVER! GH$35/Red Steel$9/Zapper$9/25% off all accessories!

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Argh I just typed everything up for next week's flyer thread. I can post it here if you want.[/quote]

so sorry bout that...but the TRU is BIG...so it deserves it own thread.

Merge it or post it here, i dont care!

[quote name='gamer602']at where?

FS gives $18[/quote]

O_O Jesus, I REALLY wish GTA store had trade ins ~_~.

Sigh.

EDIT: And I meant EB Games.

I'm glad I never had to worry about points stuff, the company reps always gave us a whole bunch just so we would "back" their respective online services.

[quote name='gamer602']sell the codes here on CAG![/quote]

Next time the reps come around I'll ask 'em for more, I guess I can always raffle 'em off :D. I'll make a separate thread when the time comes.

It's the beginning of the months so time is due for 'em to show up ;).

[quote name='gamer602']YAY! what are the reps like?
do you bet pens and keychains?
what do they do when they come?[/quote]

They're pretty cool, laid back, they don't work directly for the companies themselves, just some third party to make sure everything is in check.

Next to no product knowledge other than the stuff they have to know (360 failure rates, upcoming big name releases etc) I once asked our Sony rep if Persona 3 FES was ever coming to FS (it came two weeks after release date) and I just got a blank stare and a generic answer "it should be coming soon" they need to get some real gamers on those jobs and we'd be golden :D.

And yes we're overflowed with pens and lanyards (we're not allowed to wear 'em so they're moot). Depending on the rep, they'll either come once a month or once a week, our Ubisoft rep (also our Nintendo rep) comes in once a month or two, our Sony rep comes in once a week or so just to check up on us (she's the nicest) and the 360 rep is a stoic Asian guy with a love of Halo 3 online.

Lucky. All I get are JVC and LG reps and I never know what quite to say since we don't even have JVC TVs on display and I sell next to zero LG TVs due to the Samsungs being around the same price =(

I stocked up on Wii Points cards last year and I've only used 2 of the 4 I picked up :)

I'll be stocking up on 360 points though, that Rock Band takes the money right out of my wallet. And with the sale it's like saving $0.50 on every song.

Last edited by a moderator:
red steel is worth 10$

The controls arent that terrible the game is kind of ugly and the multiplayer sucks. But I had fun with it. I paid 20 and it was worth 20.

[quote name='Firestorm']Lucky. All I get are JVC and LG reps and I never know what quite to say since we don't even have JVC TVs on display and I sell next to zero LG TVs due to the Samsungs being around the same price =([/quote]

Only TV reps? Where do you work 2001 Audio & Video or something?

[quote name='kathos']Only TV reps? Where do you work 2001 Audio & Video or something?[/quote]

He works at Sears, which isn't exactly a gaming panacea.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']He works at Sears, which isn't exactly a gaming panacea.[/quote]

I have a customer of mine who works there he told me the 360 was being sold for like $100 above MSRP in some employee catalog or something is that true?

I think I'll pick up some Wii Points and Rayman Raving Rabbids (wanted to buy this game since forever!)....to prepare for the day when I finally go out and buy a Wii. :lol:

Heading out tomorrow for Wii points, although I am tempted to pick up Wario Land from Amazon instead. Decisions. :whistle2:k

Hey, I just called the Toys R US. I asked if the 25% applies to a 12 month subscription to live and the girl said no. So, why is everyone here saying they are getting Microsoft Points? Wouldn't they be considered the same thing? Or is she wrong?

I noticed that the US TrU stores have a "Buy 2 Get One Free" promo...has TrU Canada, or any other stores for that matter, done such a promo? Seems to be a great deal!

[quote name='game_fanatic']I noticed that the US TrU stores have a "Buy 2 Get One Free" promo...has TrU Canada, or any other stores for that matter, done such a promo? Seems to be a great deal![/quote]

They did this last year in November! It was valid on all handhelds....got a TON od DS games!

[quote name='Firestorm']Lucky. All I get are JVC and LG reps and I never know what quite to say since we don't even have JVC TVs on display and I sell next to zero LG TVs due to the Samsungs being around the same price =([/quote]

All we ever got at the stores I worked at were MS reps who gave pens to the IPG dudes :(

Do you guys use the fs forums at all?

I like how they are now trying to sell their Singstars for $35. This is a week after they refused to pricematch Walmart's $19. A little too late.

They are also finally getting around to matching everyone else on the planet by offering a $100 DS, but requiring you to buy a Brain Age game. Smooth one.

I was just looking for any deals on Wii Points, so I am going to give the store a try tomorrow morning.

The TRU website price during this sale is $19.99... what a deal. :|

[quote name='gamer602']They did this last year in November! It was valid on all handhelds....got a TON od DS games![/quote]

Awesome, thanks for the heads up gamer! November would be a prime time to run the promo, that way all the October releases would be valid, and maybe even some of the better November ones! Here's hoping!

I don't get why people are buying wii points... it's not like you have to pay to install Wiiware on the wii

they are widely available on the net and you don't have to mod your wii in anyway to install them...

[quote name='foxmcloud']I don't get why people are buying wii points... it's not like you have to pay to install Wiiware on the wii

they are widely available on the net and you don't have to mod your wii in anyway to install them...[/quote]

+1 for piracy, eh? I mean, why pay for someone's hardwork when we could download it. :shame:

[quote name='EvilMario']+1 for piracy, eh? I mean, why pay for someone's hardwork when we could download it. :shame:[/quote]

you would actually PAY for a level of difficulty in Megaman 9? that's total bullshit
they should have included it in the game not as an additionnal download

I'm not a fan of piracy and I actually owns more than 1000 original ps2, xbox, gamecube, wii, 360 and ps3 games... but you won't see me pay for an additionnal level of difficulty that could have been added in the game before it was launched

I snagged 10000 Wii points today for the low low price of $60 ($75 retail, then I use $25 gift cards I buy for $20). I also grabbed the stupid Zapper for the hell of it. I will decide if I want to keep it later.

[quote name='foxmcloud']you would actually PAY for a level of difficulty in Megaman 9? that's total bullshit
they should have included it in the game not as an additionnal download

I'm not a fan of piracy and I actually owns more than 1000 original ps2, xbox, gamecube, wii, 360 and ps3 games... but you won't see me pay for an additionnal level of difficulty that could have been added in the game before it was launched[/quote]

Complaining about DLC, a factor I might actually agree with, doesn't belong in the thread. People want Wii points for numerous factors, including games without DLC. Stop complaining.

This thread has been a little vague about this so I'll ask for clarification:

Are MS and Wii Points part of the sale? I understand the live subscription isn't but I really want to stock up on points.

(Also, it isn't on their site but does TRU sell the Play & Charge kit for 360?)

The Zapper isn't bad but it's a pain to put together and take apart. Plus the trigger has no spring.

According to Zing Wii Points are on sale.

bread's done
Back