TRU - this sale is so good it's a crime

jetblac

CAGiversary!
My TRU has the best sale ever! they are selling ratchet and clank going commando for 97 cents!!

did i mention it is the free "not for resale" demo?

[quote name='redgopher']Full version or just a demo disc? PM me if you can pick another one up![/quote]

Did you read any of the posts or did you stop at the 97 cents part?

[quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='redgopher']Full version or just a demo disc? PM me if you can pick another one up![/quote]

Did you read any of the posts or did you stop at the 97 cents part?[/quote]

there are 2 kinds of demos

the kind on jampacks and that come with magazines, and there is the kind of demos that stores get to put in a display machine so people can play it, often these say "demo-not for resale" on them

[quote name='jetblac']My TRU has the best sale ever! they are selling ratchet and clank going commando for 97 cents!!

did i mention it is the free "not for resale" demo?[/quote]

I'd gladly pay extra for this. PM me as well if you pick up any extra copies, thanks!

Now... shouldn't T R'US be fined for selling something that they are not allowed to sell? :shock:

[quote name='Indiana']Now... shouldn't T R'US be fined for selling something that they are not allowed to sell? :shock:[/quote]

maybe... but if I found one at my TRU, you can bet that I'd buy it!

[quote name='maxflight']What's good about this demo version?[/quote]

[quote name='punqsux']there are 2 kinds of demos

the kind on jampacks and that come with magazines, and there is the kind of demos that stores get to put in a display machine so people can play it, often these say "demo-not for resale" on them[/quote]

You guys need to clarify more. You guys sure the not for resale version contains the full game? And how are they sellling it anyway? Do they even have it in a DVD case or anything?

[quote name='JimmieMac']waxHead, bringing posts together since Jan 13th 2004.[/quote]

Doing all I can to answer the questions of the masses :)

It is a give away demo disc, not the full version. They also sell the Rebel Strike preorder bonus disc (the one with one playable level plus Star Wars Arcade) for $10.

On a somewhat related (i.e. non-deal) note, anybody want to buy a pre-played Everquest Online Adventure subscription card? Only $7.99 at ebgames.com ](*,)

[quote name='nogard']Someone should sue them for doing this.[/quote]

Yeah, because that's the answer to everything :roll:

It has already been clarified that this is not the full version of the game, therefore they are doing nothing illegal. Settle down.

Mentioned in another post...closest TRU had a table full of promo items for sale. Zelda discs, t-shirts, posters, etc. Anyone want a TMNT shirt? $3.

[quote name='PsyClerk']Mentioned in another post...closest TRU had a table full of promo items for sale. Zelda discs, t-shirts, posters, etc. Anyone want a TMNT shirt? $3.[/quote]

Wow, TMNT shirts even? Too bad I'd never actually wear it...

I think many of you are missing the point....

Some of you get it.....but he is being sarcastic. When he said that it was a FREE DEMO.....and they are selling it. Do you understand?

He could have been a little more clear with his wording.....but still...come on guys.

[quote name='chrisp450']I think many of you are missing the point....

Some of you get it.....but he is being sarcastic. When he said that it was a FREE DEMO.....and they are selling it. Do you understand?

He could have been a little more clear with his wording.....but still...come on guys.[/quote]

Do not spoil our fun with your 'facts'. :evil:

Yea my TRU has all this, but the shirts are all in sizes bigger than me... i think they assume all gamers are fat...unless all the shirts sold except for the big sizes

bread's done
Back