TRU Wii Bundle, in store 12/3

ScorpioKyle

CAGiversary!
Toysrus stores will have Wii's in stock sunday morning, 12/3. There will be a bundle on them

289.99-
Wii System
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Controller Glove/sleeve

saves 20 bucks, not a forced bundle.

Headed to the Aiea, Hawaii Toys R Us store last night at 12 AM. There was no line, but there were numerous people in their cars waiting for a line to start. My friend and I decided to start the line before someone else did.

For most of the early morning, it was only around 10 people. Most of them sleeping. Then at around 5 AM, more and more people started showing up. Sooner or later the line grew to be quite large (to the point where I didn't even want to bother count). We were told that the store had 63 Wii available (of which 33 were bundles).

The bundles weren't forced, but we got them anyway as we could just give the games to someone else or something. So we picked up 2 Wii bundle systems (plus 2 copies of Marvel Ultimate Alliance and 2 Mario controller gloves).

Everything was handled well, and it was quite orderly. Lots of nice people. Great experience. Although it felt kinda weird sleeping through the night outside for a system I already have. I can't believe how much trouble you campers go through. I don't know if I could do that again, at least until Wii 2.

wii_tru03.jpg

Well, apparently TRU was the place to be today.
After being shut out at Target (only had 18), I halfheartedly decided to trek to the TRU 20 minutes away.
I got there around 7:40 and was 11th in line.
They called the first 6 people into the store at 8:00 leaving the rest of us wondering what was going on.

At this point I could joke around and say I was 11th in line but there were only 10 Wii's. OR, that I amazingly got the last one. But as luck (or my lucky Donkey Kong t-shirt) would have it I was number 11 of 30.

They let us all in ahead of the store opening to make our purchases. I actually could have probably got back in line for another one. The employees were very organized and helpful (although lacking a little knowledge when it came to explaining the Wii's VC feature....) and I thanked them for letting us in early as I headed out the door. TRU must have really been off the "common folk's" radar today.

The ticket had a line reading that it was for a bundle, but it was highlighted and blacked out with a marker. The employees made no mention of a bundle to anyone while I was standing there, although one woman asked them about it and they sold it to her that way I believe. The only thing they really asked me about was whether I wanted to sign up for the TRU credit card and save 20% which I ended up biting on. (Although after words I noticed I only got 20% of Zelda and not the hardware itself.)

When my wife and I were driving around doing some shopping afterwards we saw that a line had formed of about 30 people at Best Buy around 9:30 or so. Don't think they got any in though....

I went to the one in Times Square NYC. They have tons, i mean tons and tons of Wiis. Lots of controllers and Zeldas. I saw they have the Zelda strategy guide from PRIMA. I didnt see the limited edition. Its just the regular version. i think there was like 3 different long lines. everyone buying Wii.

Lucky, i'm surprised they waited that long.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I just picked mine up, no forced bundle. The guy said "So YOU are the last one, I was about to put it out for sale." I got there at 2:00; I didn't realize that the purchase ticket was only good for a few hours. Either way, got my Wii and the wife is pissed that she can't "surprise me" the Christmas.

I told her I'd sell it on EBay if she wants then she can stand out in the freezing cold to get me one ... she said she'll just make me act surprised for it ... and my 360. Man this is going to be a good Christmas.[/QUOTE]

they forced a bundle on me. I dont mind the game and the glove, but the service protection plan must also be purchased. Can i return that service protection plan???

[quote name='Darwin23']they forced a bundle on me. I dont mind the game and the glove, but the service protection plan must also be purchased. Can i return that service protection plan???[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can actually return it all. While you're at it, call 1-800-Toysrus and file a complaint. They shouldn't force bundles on anyone.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Yes, you can actually return it all. While you're at it, call 1-800-Toysrus and file a complaint. They shouldn't force bundles on anyone.[/quote]

Yes, definitely call the number and report them. I can't believe not only did they force the bundle, but they foced the protection plan on you as well. What a bunch of asshats.

[quote name='sren9']What are you talking about...rainchecks???? Nobody did rainchecks from TRU on the Wii system...[/QUOTE]

They did on launch date. I was there.

[quote name='Indonesia']They did on launch date. I was there.[/quote]

They shouldn't have done rain checks. But it's a little late now. So anyone who didn't get one at that store is more or less SOL until after new year's.

was that from the person working rzone or from a manager? regardless report them. It came from corporate not to force bundle it. But this is the kind of crap to be expected on how hard they come down on the stores to push the crappy protection plans.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Yes, you can actually return it all. While you're at it, call 1-800-Toysrus and file a complaint. They shouldn't force bundles on anyone.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hellboypi']The only thing they really asked me about was whether I wanted to sign up for the TRU credit card and save 20% which I ended up biting on. (Although after words I noticed I only got 20% of Zelda and not the hardware itself.)[/quote]

They told us about that 20% off promotion for the Chase credit card too. But they were also nice enough to inform us that it doesn't work on hardware.

[quote name='Indonesia']Went to San Mateo , CA TRU. No luck. He still trying to fill the 400 rain check they handed out. They still short 250.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe the store director there is approving rainchecks for the Nintendo Wii.

Yet another reason why that store is probably one of the dumbest TRU's in the Bay Area. How they got chosen as a midnight launch store for the Wii is beyond me.

[quote name='hack']They told us about that 20% off promotion for the Chase credit card too. But they were also nice enough to inform us that it doesn't work on hardware.[/QUOTE]
It does work on hardware, the employeees don't know what they are talking about. Unless TRU changed the rules specifically for this 20% promotion, but I doubt that.

bread's done
Back