TRU Wii pre-orders start TODAY - Website Error?

jetsetmario

CAGiversary!
Despite the fact that all stores have been instructed not to start pre-orders until Sunday the 29th.....

TRU.com is now advertising that preorders start at b&m stores TODAY. Expect mass confusion at the b&m stores in the morning as this is contrary to all the info we have received up until this point. You may want to print out the page from TRU's website at the links provided.

Good Luck.

Edit-Removed PS3 from thread title as the site is more vague about the preorder start date. Wii page still specifies "today" as of this edit(11:30 10/26). Here's hoping it's still there in the morning.

Wii
http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2474587&cp=2255974

PS3
http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2501686

[quote name='Zoglog']I wouldnt be suprised if Nintendo is holding back stock to give the impression of a sellout ;)[/quote]
Whats the point? Even if they have a million units in stores they are going to sell out, so it wouldn't make sense for Nintendo to hold any back.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Whats the point? Even if they have a million units in stores they are going to sell out, so it wouldn't make sense for Nintendo to hold any back.[/quote]

Exactly. Why 'simulate' a sellout when it would occur even if they boosted the numbers higher?

The negative spinjob doesn't really make sense here, I agree.

Yeah totally, I think I'm goona go 2 or 3 hours before they open on Sunday and hope for the best. I'm not one to stand for hours and hours on end. I'll probably go with my best friend and just have an understanding that he gets to be ahead of me in line so if theres only enough for one of us, theres no confusion. Anyone know what TRU in Metro-Detroit is likely to have the least amount of people? I was thinking Southfield or Pontiac.

[quote name='Randomthts']My girlfriend just called me and told me to run to TRU. Seems TRU was given the go ahead by corporate to take a limited number of Wii pre-orders today. Credit goes to a poster at SlickDeals for the info. I just picked up a pre-order for $50 at the Escondido, CA store.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]
There was an internal memo sent out stating that, because of the website error, each store could sell half of their Wii pre-order allotment before Sunday. I hope some CAGs will read this and take advantage of the opportunity.

[quote name='Randomthts']My girlfriend just called me and told me to run to TRU. Seems TRU was given the go ahead by corporate to take a limited number of Wii pre-orders today. Credit goes to a poster at SlickDeals for the info. I just picked up a pre-order for $50 at the Escondido, CA store.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

yea was my post i think,.,i happened to be next to that TRU when they where
opening so thought what the heck ill try..
guy said soon as DHL showed long as they had the card i could order
2 seconds later DHL walked in with the magic cards.
i was kinda suprised nobody was there at opening to try.

and no bundle Yeppie.

avg TRU 20 Wii

LoL. I just called my toys r us in whitestone NY asking about the preorders for the WII and was told tomorrow and the lines are starting RIGHT NOW whiles its pouring ran right now

how much is a preorder deposit for the ps3? $100?

I would have to go early tomorrow morning to get one(i am in los angeles and lots of people live here and will try to get a ps3

[quote name='cchen326']LoL. I just called my toys r us in whitestone NY asking about the preorders for the WII and was told tomorrow and the lines are starting RIGHT NOW whiles its pouring ran right now[/quote] I went to TRU today to try to get a pre-order the woman said tomarrow and that people were already standing outside so on my way out i took a look around, there was no one. She also said 20 wiis and 7 ps3 (she didnt know which model)

bread's done
Back