Tru xbox 360 sale

RedFoxCommando

CAGiversary!
I was at Toys R Us in Irving, TX this morning and saw 2 signs posted...

PRICE CUT
SAVE $50
All XBOX 360 SYSTEMS
$149.99 - $349.99
(Regular price $199.99 - $399.99)
(EXCLUDES THE NEW XBOX 360 250 GB CONSOLE #891188)

and the other sign read...

Free
$25 GIFT CARD
WHEN YOU BUY XBOX 360 ARCADE SYSTEMS
(ARCADE SYSTEM, CORE SYSTEM, OR ARCADE HOLIDAY BUNDLE)
(GIFT CARD TO BE USED ON NEXT PURCHASE - LIMIT ONE PER GUEST - NO RAINCHECKS)
Offer valid through 8/28/10

This is EXACTLY what each sign read.

Apologies if this has been posted, maybe YMMV, also no 4GB's at Irving, TX location.

All that was is the signs they put up to show there was a price drop on the old models, but you do get a $25 gift card on the old arcades, and I think it runs until the end of the week.

[quote name='dennisb407']Havent the arcades already been at $150 since the slim dropped?[/QUOTE]

What I'm taking from it is, everything that WAS $199.99 - $399.99 is now $149.99 - $349.99

the elite (splicer cell and ff XIII) consoles are for $289.99 and the arcade console for $149.99 with $25 gift card.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']What I'm taking from it is, everything that WAS $199.99 - $399.99 is now $149.99 - $349.99[/QUOTE]

right.. this took place when the 360 slim came out.

Does TRU offer extented warrantys and anyone know the price of them? Friend needs a 360 but id never tell him to get a 360 without a warranty. he is on hist 4th system and im on my 12th. my 12 was all gotten with my old best buy replacment warrnaty tho lmao

[quote name='Xenokai']Does TRU offer extented warrantys and anyone know the price of them? Friend needs a 360 but id never tell him to get a 360 without a warranty. he is on hist 4th system and im on my 12th. my 12 was all gotten with my old best buy replacment warrnaty tho lmao[/QUOTE]

ROFL, 12 XBOX's?! I'm on my 3rd xbox, but the first 2 didn't break or RRoD. I either traded it in or sold it on Craigslist. I may just be lucky, or you may just be unlucky, or a combination of the two LOL

Like I said. I swear the failure rate is like 85% if you play your 360 for more than 14 hours a week. If you play that much I give you about 12-18 months before it dies. I have had about 5 die on me in various ways. My latest, I got a year ago and it crapped out around March. I got it fixed because I couldn't afford a new one and now I got a new problem that started last week. Easily the least durable console I have ever bought in my life. The original Xbox puts this sucker to shame.

[quote name='kataztrophik']ROFL, 12 XBOX's?! I'm on my 3rd xbox, but the first 2 didn't break or RRoD. I either traded it in or sold it on Craigslist. I may just be lucky, or you may just be unlucky, or a combination of the two LOL[/QUOTE]

Half of mine red ringed and half basick had dvd drive failures. I got my current one in late 2008 its still working but im not counting on it working for long. Also i take care of my system wide open spaces, power and system sitting on hardwood with alot of air and ive been keeping it open for air since my first one. Has a ps3 since launch and so far ive not had 1 break. I wont let any friend buy a 360 without some kinda extra warranty. One thats better then the 3 years 3 red light warranty it only applies to older model and often the problems are dvd drive issues also.

[quote name='Calinks']Like I said. I swear the failure rate is like 85% if you play your 360 for more than 14 hours a week. If you play that much I give you about 12-18 months before it dies. I have had about 5 die on me in various ways. My latest, I got a year ago and it crapped out around March. I got it fixed because I couldn't afford a new one and now I got a new problem that started last week. Easily the least durable console I have ever bought in my life. The original Xbox puts this sucker to shame.[/QUOTE]

Weird, my first XBOX I bought at launch and then I sold it like 2 years later. After a few months, I missed it so I bought another one and was using that until about 2 months ago then traded it in to Gamestop and bought an Arcade from Target when it was 130 w/ 50 gc. I play my XBOX somewhat regularly, though there will be stretches when I don't play it for weeks, usually if I'm engrossed in a PS3 title.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']So has anyone had success getting a 4gb "s" with a the deal?[/QUOTE]

If I recall correctly, there's an exclusion for the new S models listed at the bottom of the signs. It probably has the specific item numbers listed for those systems to which the deal does apply, as well.

[quote name='CioCio']If I recall correctly, there's an exclusion for the new S models listed at the bottom of the signs. It probably has the specific item numbers listed for those systems to which the deal does apply, as well.[/QUOTE]

OP stated that the signage only excluded the 250 "s" not the 4gb. Or am I misinterpreting "exactly" and his implication at the end of his post?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']OP stated that the signage only excluded the 250 "s" not the 4gb. Or am I misinterpreting "exactly" and his implication at the end of his post?[/QUOTE]

Eh, good point, I missed that. The signs were printed before the 4 GB model came out, so it stands to reason an exclusion for it wouldn't be listed. That said, if the specific item numbers for which the deal works are actually listed and there's not a 'Various' there, the store could point to that and say no.

I would never let a customer walk away with that sort of deal, so by all means, don't come to me if you're looking to try it. ;)

[quote name='Xenokai']So im guessing TRU dont have warranty plans?[/QUOTE]

Yes they do. Buyer Protection Plans start at 34.99 for a 2 year plan. Covers wear and tear, which is a big selling point for the cashiers, mechanical breakdowns, spillages, power surges and so on. The plan runs 44.99 for a 2 year plan on the 360's above 199.99. TRU offers a 3 year plan that is more expensive.

That does NOT add onto the manufacturers warranty. It runs alongside it.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I agree with you, it's pressing a loophole on a clearance item deal. However, I expect any store to honor posted signage.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

so despite knowing they don't intend it for the new 4GB, you would press the issue because of the signage. What would you do if they don't honor it?

[quote name='confoosious']
so despite knowing they don't intend it for the new 4GB, you would press the issue because of the signage. What would you do if they don't honor it?[/QUOTE]

How would I know for certain what TRU actually intends to sell or not? They made the sign, not me.

I would (and have) complain to the TRU customer service number with specific store & employee information that they didn't honor their posted in-store promotion. Does it get them to honor it? Usually not, but it often garners a GC and a nice reprimand for smarmy employees. It's not hard to update a sign . . . well maybe for retail jockeys.
:roll:

[quote name='h3llbring3r']How would I know for certain what TRU actually intends to sell or not?
[/QUOTE]

because you're not a moron? i think most people with any sense understand it doesn't mean the 4GB. You know it doesnt mean the 4GB.

I would understand if you truly had a horrible experience. We've all had to complain about service in stores. But you're really just trying to get something for nothing. It's not shady or immoral... It's just kinda lame... But go ahead.. enjoy your free gift card.

[quote name='CioCio']

I would never let a customer walk away with that sort of deal, so by all means, don't come to me if you're looking to try it. ;)[/QUOTE]

Be careful, hellbringer might send corporate a nasty note about you! :roll:

[quote name='confoosious']because you're not a moron? i think most people with any sense understand it doesn't mean the 4GB. You know it doesnt mean the 4GB.

I would understand if you truly had a horrible experience. We've all had to complain about service in stores. But you're really just trying to get something for nothing. It's not shady or immoral... It's just kinda lame... But go ahead.. enjoy your free gift card.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:
Something for nothing? You've been a CAG member since 2008 and you think pressing to honor a posted promo sign is immoral? Yeesh, you should read the forums more.

This is completely ethical considering what I've seen posted & done on a regular basis.

Just considering TRU alone: With the abuse of the BOGO glitches, return fraud, place holder game swapping (I've participated in none of this) . . . this is not only tame but within the guise of a normal customer's expectation.

A TRU sign offers a GC promotion for any Xbox 360 (not just specifying clearance models) and posts one exclusion for the current top of the line model and we're supposed to just know another entry level model is included, please.

Good day sir!

[quote name='h3llbring3r']:rofl:
Something for nothing? You've been a CAG member since 2008 and you think pressing to honor a posted promo sign is immoral? Yeesh, you should read the forums more.

This is completely ethical considering what I've seen posted & done on a regular basis.

Just considering TRU alone: With the abuse of the BOGO glitches, return fraud, place holder game swapping (I've participated in none of this) . . . this is not only tame but within the guise of a normal customer's expectation.

A TRU sign offers a GC promotion for any Xbox 360 (not just specifying clearance models) and posts one exclusion for the current top of the line model and we're supposed to just know another entry level model is included, please.

Good day sir![/QUOTE]

You should learn to read.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I am quite literate thank you-

I said good day![/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious'] It's not shady or immoral... It's just kinda lame...
[/QUOTE]

apparently you don't know what the word "not" means.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']:rofl:

Good day sir![/QUOTE]

Just ignore confoosious. His entire purpose here is to be a moralf*g in every thread.

Ok so I just stopped at my local TRU to buy a 4gb system not even thinking about this little clearance sale of theirs because I had a giftcard to burn up and the cashier rings up the system $199.99 as it should be and looks at the sign and at the reigster and just changes the price! i didnt even say anyhting than hello to the guy. Didnt even look at the sign. I would have tried for another but I wasnt going to push my luck. $121.62 after my giftcard :D

[quote name='jewsdidwtc']Just ignore confoosious. His entire purpose here is to be a moralf*g in every thread.[/QUOTE]

Another dumbass who can't read. I said that it was NOT immoral. Do you understand what NOT means?

[quote name='Rhippo']Ok so I just stopped at my local TRU to buy a 4gb system not even thinking about this little clearance sale of theirs because I had a giftcard to burn up and the cashier rings up the system $199.99 as it should be and looks at the sign and at the reigster and just changes the price! i didnt even say anyhting than hello to the guy. Didnt even look at the sign. I would have tried for another but I wasnt going to push my luck. $121.62 after my giftcard :D[/QUOTE]

You sir got very lucky. congrats.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I was at Toys R Us in Irving, TX this morning and saw 2 signs posted...

PRICE CUT
SAVE $50
All XBOX 360 SYSTEMS
$149.99 - $349.99
(Regular price $199.99 - $399.99)
(EXCLUDES THE NEW XBOX 360 250 GB CONSOLE #891188)

and the other sign read...

Free
$25 GIFT CARD
WHEN YOU BUY XBOX 360 ARCADE SYSTEMS
(ARCADE SYSTEM, CORE SYSTEM, OR ARCADE HOLIDAY BUNDLE)
(GIFT CARD TO BE USED ON NEXT PURCHASE - LIMIT ONE PER GUEST - NO RAINCHECKS)
Offer valid through 8/28/10

This is EXACTLY what each sign read.

Apologies if this has been posted, maybe YMMV, also no 4GB's at Irving, TX location.[/QUOTE]

Just wondering, but which TRU in Irving? I live over in Lewisville and am in Irving every week. ;)

bread's done
Back