True Grit (2010) Blu Ray + DVD + Digital Copy - $14.99 @ Amazon

[quote name='GbJGonzo']Crap. I pre ordered it and now its cheaper. I wonder if they will refund any money...[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't do post order refunds, I'm not saying you might not get lucky but Amazon frowns on that. O'well, I guess I lost out being an early adopter on this one. It's a kick in the ass when they drop a week later, off to watch Battle: Los Angeles now, watch this one drop next week.

Best Buy has it for the same price (unadvertised sale) so it's cheaper with the $5 coupon. Picked mine up this afternoon easily.

How does the $5 coupon work when it says for $19.99 and above blu rays? Mine would not automatically apply at the register for a $14.99 title and the manager refused an override.

[quote name='jonboy71']How does the $5 coupon work when it says for $19.99 and above blu rays? Mine would not automatically apply at the register for a $14.99 title and the manager refused an override.[/QUOTE]
Because the coupon says $14.99 and up? Maybe you have the wrong coupon.

[quote name='jonboy71']How does the $5 coupon work when it says for $19.99 and above blu rays? Mine would not automatically apply at the register for a $14.99 title and the manager refused an override.[/QUOTE]

You either have the wrong coupon or the manager refused the one that everyone else is having success with because technically it shouldn't be allowed for sales but no one usually cares.

This is sweet that it includes a DVD of the movie too. I'm mailing that disc to my friend.

I emailed Amazon and they said they'd make this "a one time condition price match" because I hadn't opened it and basically pointed out it would be cheaper for them to refund me the money vs processing my return and processing and shipping me a new discounted blu ray.

[quote name='Jodou']Best Buy has it for the same price (unadvertised sale) so it's cheaper with the $5 coupon. Picked mine up this afternoon easily.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Got no hassle at all about the coupon. Thought it was weird that on the other side of the shelf they had the DVD version of True Grit for $19.99. I feel bad for anyone who buys that one.

Amazon turned me down a half dozen times on the refund. All different reps, too. They're usually pretty cool about stuff like this. Oh well.

[quote name='sobjw']Same here. Got no hassle at all about the coupon. Thought it was weird that on the other side of the shelf they had the DVD version of True Grit for $19.99. I feel bad for anyone who buys that one.[/QUOTE]

Not to the mention the Bluray version comes with a DVD copy as well hahaha.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']Not to the mention the Bluray version comes with a DVD copy as well hahaha.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the thing that is crazy about the whole price disparity. Totally ripping off people that don't have Blu-Ray yet. Although, this is the place that tries to sell you anti-virus software for an iPad so...

I finally got the refund on my 7th rep. She was like "sure I can do that for you."

Took all of three minutes.

The other reps all asked me to hold, and then came back with the "it must be frustrating to see prices change" script. Every single one.

[quote name='n00bie']I finally got the refund on my 7th rep. She was like "sure I can do that for you."

Took all of three minutes.

The other reps all asked me to hold, and then came back with the "it must be frustrating to see prices change" script. Every single one.[/QUOTE]

Three minutes for that rep, but how long did you spend on the phone total between seven reps? There comes a point where $5 or whatever it was isn't worth it. ;)

bread's done
Back