TRUs Oblivion CE $14.99

hbkhbk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just got back from TRUs near the Richmond, CA Hilltop mall area. The collector's edition of Elder's Scroll: Oblivion IV is only $14.99. There is one copy left, its behind the counter, so you'll have to ask for it.

I think the price is too good for the CE edition and deserves its own thread.

This is the xbox360 version!!!

CE was only on 360 i think...or at the very least I know that they don't keep PC games behind the counter. Heh, i remember seeing copies of it in the case up at Hilltop for $69.99 a few months ago and chuckling knowing that they'd be there for a long time. $14.99 is a swell price, though. Such an awesome game.

I think most were bought with it being on clearance over the summer for $35, i know all the stores in the general area around me have been sold out for a while now.

[quote name='TahoeMax']CE was only on 360 i think...or at the very least I know that they don't keep PC games behind the counter. [/quote]

Available for Windows as well.

What the heck is the "CE" edition? If this is the GOTY version, then damn that's good! I'd pick up a copy and get rid of the original Oblivion.

[quote name='ultramanJ']What the heck is the "CE" edition? If this is the GOTY version, then damn that's good! I'd pick up a copy and get rid of the original Oblivion.[/quote]

CE is the Collector's Edition of the original version. This should probably be listed in the TRU clearance thread (if there is one) because its a YMMV situation on whether it will be in stock. Most stores sold out of them over the summer at $35. GOTY has the original game along with the downloadable xbox live content (Expansion, Gear, Quests).

Definitely a great buy if you can find one.

a good buy for sure if i can find it, but i'm in the market for the GOTY edition. not sure what the downloads cost, it might add up to be cheaper.

Question, if I have the non-GOTY edition and want to download all the expansion online, how much will that cost me? Is buying GOTY edition cheaper?

By the way, I got non-GOTY for $20

[quote name='maxgle']Question, if I have the non-GOTY edition and want to download all the expansion online, how much will that cost me? Is buying GOTY edition cheaper?

By the way, I got non-GOTY for $20[/quote]

Going to cost an assload. Heres a trick I hear that works - the expanions are on a seperate disk in the GOTY I hear, so you rent GOTY, install the 2nd disc to your 360/ps3 harddrive, then return it since you don't need that disk to use the content. Bam, cheap expansions.

[quote name='georox']Going to cost an assload. Heres a trick I hear that works - the expanions are on a seperate disk in the GOTY I hear, so you rent GOTY, install the 2nd disc to your 360/ps3 harddrive, then return it since you don't need that disk to use the content. Bam, cheap expansions.[/QUOTE]

can anyone confirm if the expansion is on the separate disc? cus this is brilliant.. heee

[quote name='maxgle']can anyone confirm if the expansion is on the separate disc? cus this is brilliant.. heee[/QUOTE]
it is

[quote name='Snake2715']I will hit my TRu up at lunch, if I find them I will pick them up for you guys.

I will report back.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to get this as well if it's GOTY. I called all my local TRUs and none have any version in stock for 360.

If it's CE, then there's no chance that it's GOTY. CE came out at launch and was not re-issued with the GOTY edition.

[quote name='ultramanJ']What the heck is the "CE" edition? If this is the GOTY version, then damn that's good! I'd pick up a copy and get rid of the original Oblivion.[/quote]It's not the GOTY edition, that's a fact.

The CE edition adds in some bonuses in the box, like a real coin of the in-game currency, a cloth map, and some other items. Same version as the non-GOTY edition, game-wise.

I'm not sure about the collector's edition that came out at launch, but i just called my local Toys 'R Us and the the GOTY edition is $59.99.

That renting idea sounds like a nifty idea as I played through all of the original... A $7 rental is a lot better than $30 + + + for each of the expansions.

[quote name='62t']it is[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's too cool! Didn't know that! I've bought/played/sold all of it on the PC, but am tempted to get a cheap copy of the 360 version.

[quote name='georox']Going to cost an assload. Heres a trick I hear that works - the expanions are on a seperate disk in the GOTY I hear, so you rent GOTY, install the 2nd disc to your 360/ps3 harddrive, then return it since you don't need that disk to use the content. Bam, cheap expansions.[/quote]
I checked gamefly and they don't rent out the expansion. I wonder if it is because of this reason alone.

Scratch that....i see what you are saying. You rent the GOTY edition and it comes with the expansion. I just queued it up and see what happens.

[quote name='maxgle']can anyone confirm if the expansion is on the separate disc? cus this is brilliant.. heee[/quote]

It is a seperate disc... BUT the installation from the 2nd disc isnt like the installation from downloading online. It will only work with the GOTY 1ST disc and not any of the CE's or Regular Oblivions.

I havn't heard much about the Shivering Isles disc (not from GOTY the one that they sell by itself) so that may be your best bet.

No luck at My TRU Sorry guys, even though the demand seemed to be lower knowing it wasn't GOTY version...

Either way sold out.

I think I downloaded shivering isles back when it was free for a few days last year, but never bought oblivion. Now I am waiting on a new xbox from the repair center. Does anyone know if that download is linked to the console like xbla downloads are, or should it work as long as I have it on my hard drive?

[quote name='hbkhbk']Just got back from TRUs near the Richmond, CA Hilltop mall area. The collector's edition of Elder's Scroll: Oblivion IV is only $14.99. There is one copy left, its behind the counter, so you'll have to ask for it.

I think the price is too good for the CE edition and deserves its own thread.

This is the xbox360 version!!![/quote]

I used to live in richmond...I know exactly where thats at.

Glad im gone.

[quote name='TomoyoN']It is a seperate disc... BUT the installation from the 2nd disc isnt like the installation from downloading online. It will only work with the GOTY 1ST disc and not any of the CE's or Regular Oblivions.

I havn't heard much about the Shivering Isles disc (not from GOTY the one that they sell by itself) so that may be your best bet.[/QUOTE]

Oh crap! seems we have no choice but to wait til the price drop on the GOTY edition then.

[quote name='TomoyoN']It is a seperate disc... BUT the installation from the 2nd disc isnt like the installation from downloading online. It will only work with the GOTY 1ST disc and not any of the CE's or Regular Oblivions.

I havn't heard much about the Shivering Isles disc (not from GOTY the one that they sell by itself) so that may be your best bet.[/quote]

so if you rent the GOTY edition then buy the regular discs the expansions will not work??

I went to TRU in Las vegas on sunset and no luck...they only had one GOTY edition left.

[quote name='maxgle']Question, if I have the non-GOTY edition and want to download all the expansion online, how much will that cost me? Is buying GOTY edition cheaper?

By the way, I got non-GOTY for $20[/QUOTE]

Your better off buying the original or CE version and then renting the GOTY version to copy the DC to your hard drive.

Edit// If what ElJeffA says is true ignore what I just said:p

Blast! Already have the CE from Fry's for $50 since launch day. I need the Shivering Isles or the GotY edition now!
[quote name='scottman']I think I downloaded shivering isles back when it was free for a few days last year, but never bought oblivion. Now I am waiting on a new xbox from the repair center. Does anyone know if that download is linked to the console like xbla downloads are, or should it work as long as I have it on my hard drive?[/QUOTE]
1) When the hell was it free? I must have missed that :(
2) Downloads are tied to your console's serial number. If you have to buy a new console or want to play it elsewhere you must be signed into LIVE (don't need to have a gold account, just be signed in with whichever account you originally downloaded it with). It's stupid DRM meant to avoid people from re-downloading it for their friends, etc...

Couldn't find it at my local TRU, i want this game but don't wanna pay 29.99 as i'm not a big fan of RPG games. But who knows it might be worth it. Are there any other deals?

What coupon? And does it work online cause i checked best buys and i only saw Oblivion:GOTY and Shivering Isles.

[quote name='scottman']I think I downloaded shivering isles back when it was free for a few days last year, but never bought oblivion. Now I am waiting on a new xbox from the repair center. Does anyone know if that download is linked to the console like xbla downloads are, or should it work as long as I have it on my hard drive?[/QUOTE]

Shivering Isles was never free. Fighters Stronghold and Mensus(sp?)'s razor were offered free for a week or so (Fighter intially, Razor during Christmas last year)

[quote name='terribledeli']Shivering Isles was never free. Fighters Stronghold and Mensus(sp?)'s razor were offered free for a week or so (Fighter intially, Razor during Christmas last year)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, yes that's it, the razor one was free.

[quote name='terribledeli']Shivering Isles was never free. Fighters Stronghold and Mensus(sp?)'s razor were offered free for a week or so (Fighter intially, Razor during Christmas last year)[/quote]

Dude, Menses is somthing COMPLETELY different:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=menses

:lol:
Menses' Razor, :hot: now there's a game I don't want to play... :)

I think it was Mehrune's Razor.

bread's done
Back