try not to laugh

Remember when Congress thought it was really important to spend a bunch of time on steroids in baseball?

Yeah. Can we keep sports OUT of the capitol building? Or is America really so stupid that they get that easily detracted from the real issues.

....oh,wait.

I don't care about what team it is or whatever.. fact is there are 435 representatives and this woman was given five minutes to waste. That's 36.25 man hours wasted, excluding the time spent for her to prepare the speech and all.

But my first lol was at UF being the best academic school in the country.

[quote name='Koggit']I don't care about what team it is or whatever.. fact is there are 435 representatives and this woman was given five minutes to waste. That's 36.25 man hours wasted, excluding the time spent for her to prepare the speech and all.

But my first lol was at UF being the best academic school in the country.[/QUOTE]

Eh, lots of people say that about their school. It's certainly not a bad school, but yeah, it's a huge waste of time, I'm sure they have better things to talk about. Also, is she wearing a graduation gown from the school? That's crazy.

[quote name='Koggit']could you?[/quote]

Nope, I laughed. The inability to use proper tense and mispronouncing words like "title" was brilliant. I bet she was sober.

When my wife was doing news spots on WKU's student radio, she was usually followed by somebody whom spoke just like that wonderful congresswoman.

I think George W. Bush has a greater command of the English language. She's the anti-Obama. Go Gator! Um, yeah. Anyway, she was talking bullshit, Utah is the true national champion, not Florida. But dumb sport, dumb rules I guess.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMpw2ig9uUQ&feature=player_embedded[/media]

I think this is the same woman. You don't have to watch the whole thing to get the idea (its the same quote repeated over and over again).

Reality's Fringe;5682412 said:
Remember when Congress thought it was really important to spend a bunch of time on steroids in baseball?

Yeah. Can we keep sports OUT of the capitol building? Or is America really so stupid that they get that easily detracted from the real issues.

....oh,wait.

I never did understand why congress ever got involved with sports. Can anyone explain that to me, please?

it's settled, she can't read..

look at the enormous difference between how she speaks (xevious's post) and how she reads (my post).. she can't read..

[quote name='Autumn Star']I never did understand why congress ever got involved with sports. Can anyone explain that to me, please?[/quote]

Because they want control.

[quote name='Xevious'][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMpw2ig9uUQ&feature=player_embedded[/media]

I think this is the same woman. You don't have to watch the whole thing to get the idea (its the same quote repeated over and over again).[/QUOTE]

Why am I not shocked at this? Remember when William "cold cash" Jefferson was able to get a National Guard unit to come to his home during Katrina and save his stuff, while his neighbors were flooded and lost everything - maybe even their lives?

But of course, this is rather small potatoes in the end. Look at what someone like Duke Cunningham did or what John Murtha did (and is doing) in terms of basically looting the public treasury while endangering our national defense at the same time.

Ate my post? Here it is:

Why am I not shocked at this? Remember when William "cold cash" Jefferson was able to get a National Guard unit to come to his home during Katrina and save his stuff, while his neighbors were flooded and lost everything - maybe even their lives?

But of course, this is rather small potatoes in the end. Look at what someone like Duke Cunningham did or what John Murtha did (and is doing) in terms of basically looting the public treasury while endangering our national defense at the same time.

[quote name='KingBroly']Because they want control.[/QUOTE]

And airtime. They want to get their face on national TV being "tough" with those baseball players who used steroids. Never mind this has more or less nothing to do with the federal government whatsoever, other than the idiotic antitrust exemption MLB continues to enjoy for no logical reason at all.

[quote name='elprincipe']And airtime. They want to get their face on national TV being "tough" with those baseball players who used steroids. Never mind this has more or less nothing to do with the federal government whatsoever, other than the idiotic antitrust exemption MLB continues to enjoy for no logical reason at all.[/quote]

I would hardly call C-Span airtime. The major networks don't care either (Well, ESPN will mention it, but fuck them).

That video was funny. Why the hell would be she allowed to speak and I would be turned away...? I'd have a valid topic to talk about, like yellow socks or purple ponies. Nothing stupid like that lady.

[quote name='KingBroly']I would hardly call C-Span airtime. The major networks don't care either (Well, ESPN will mention it, but fuck them).[/QUOTE]

Actually, it was on all the cable news channels all day long, and as you mentioned even dumbass ESPN covered it. I'd say they succeeded. C-SPAN didn't show most of it anyway, since C-SPAN and C-SPAN2 are obligated to show the House and Senate, respectively, when they are in session, and most people don't get C-SPAN3.

bread's done
Back