Trying to decide on a new computer

THPS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
My desktop at home has been giving me a ton of trouble lately, and my parts are outdated (16mb video card, 256 mb ram, 30 gb hd, ect), I've had it for about 5 years and I think it's time I invest in a new one. After looking around I've pretty much narrowed it down to two...one being a PC that my friend is selling, and one a laptop being sold here on CAG. The laptop would be useful for college and portability, so I'm leaning towards that one. Here are the specs of each computer:

Desktop - $460

Athlon XP 2800 processor, X1600 Pro 512mb, Shuttle SN41G2BV3, 1gb ram, dvd drive, 60gb hard drive

Laptop - http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104888

The laptop is $300 and seems to have everything I need, so I'm leaning towards that one. I'm not really into gaming, but I think buying the PC spark my interest in PC gaming and lead to something new. Both seem like good deals, I just don't know which is better. Anyone have any opinions?

I would go with the PC. Gaming or not that PC owns that laptop.

Also in regards to gaming, that PC is okay for gaming and in 2 months or so it will be dated. The CPU is a bit on the slows side and the video card is midrange.

bread's done
Back