Trying to find a place to get a PS Vita first edition bundle....

bearcat

CAG Veteran
Trying to find a place where I can get a PS Vita first edition on Wednesday. Checked my local gamestop and best buy with no luck. Amazon is now saying they don't have release date delivery for it. Anybody know where a good place might be to try to get one? Will target or walmart have them in store maybe?

I'd be willing to bet pretty much anything that everywhere will have them. Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. Really don't see it being a problem.

Yeah the problem I'm running into is that everyone seems to not be taking pre-orders anymore. The pre-order box at Best Buy even said you could pre-order until Feb 14 but they cut if off early and he said they might only get enough in for preorders.

amazon is probably just saying no to release date delivery because it may be too late, in their eyes. place the order any way. it will be there pretty close.

[quote name='bearcat']Just pre-ordered with amazon. Seemed to be just about the only option I had a chance with.[/QUOTE]

But not for release-day delivery (anymore). Seems the fastest is the 21st.

I went to Gamestop and Best Buy and looked on walmart.com and none of them were taking preorders anymore. I ordered thru amazon with 5 games and 1 day delivery and it said the estimated delivery date is the 17th, here's to hoping I get it sooner.

Edit: Target has this for delivery on the 15th so I cancelled the Amazon order and I'm just going to get the games instore.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vodkablast']I went to Gamestop and Best Buy and looked on walmart.com and none of them were taking preorders anymore. I ordered thru amazon with 5 games and 1 day delivery and it said the estimated delivery date is the 17th, here's to hoping I get it sooner.

Edit: Target has this for delivery on the 15th so I cancelled the Amazon order and I'm just going to get the games instore.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on Target! I just placed my order also and am even happier because I was able to use Paypal to pay.

[quote name='bearcat']Trying to find a place where I can get a PS Vita first edition on Wednesday. Checked my local gamestop and best buy with no luck. Amazon is now saying they don't have release date delivery for it. Anybody know where a good place might be to try to get one? Will target or walmart have them in store maybe?[/QUOTE]

Seriously? The main page for the FEB Vita still states release day shipping is available. I tried to check out to see if it showed as a shipping option, but it wouldn't let me since I already had one on pre-order. I'd try to call them and see if they can do it since it's still listed on the website.

Buy.com has it with 1 day shipping for $20.

Target.com has it with delivery on 2/15 for $33. Website says not available in-store.

Gamestop.com has overnight for $19, looks like it ships on 2/15 though.

I also checked NewEgg, Best Buy and Wal-Mart and it wasn't listed on their websites or was listed as sold out.

Otherwise your best bet might be checking retailers on 2/15. Might be too late now though.

Trust me I tried about 5 different amazon customer service people and none of them could confirm a Feb 15 delivery date. Fingers crossed Target delivers on 2/15 since i just placed my order with them tonight.

So wait, are we to believe that stores are only getting whatever number they pre-ordered? I have a friend at Best Buy who said that they are putting them out on the shelf (minus pre-orders of course) so that people who want one before the 22nd have to get that bundle and the rest will go out then. It was told to him that this was simply the version people could buy a week early and that's the way I understood it as well.

I mean he certainly could be wrong but I don't see why Sony wouldn't want to get sales throughout the week since people would still have to buy that specific bundle.

I think there is some confusion between the first edition bundle and the other 2 SKU's.

I have no proof of this, but the FEB is meant to be exclusive. You won't be able to walk in and get it anywhere. Stores that sell preorders will only receive what they sold preorders for.

Now, that doesn't mean there wont be any Vita's for sale on the 22nd. There will be plenty. There just wont be ant FEB's.

The first edition bundle has guaranteed release date delivery with Amazon:

This item will be released on February 15, 2012.
Pre-order now!
See details. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Get it the day it comes out!
Pre-order and Release-Date Delivery is FREE with Amazon Prime. See details.
PlayStation Vita First Edition Bundle

Pre-order the PlayStation Vita First Edition Bundle to receive the PS Vita a week early. It also comes with a 4GB Memory Card, Little Deviants game and exclusive PS Vita case. To learn more about the PS Vita, check out the PlayStation Vita Store.

[quote name='iamthekiller']The first edition bundle has guaranteed release date delivery with Amazon:

This item will be released on February 15, 2012.
Pre-order now!
See details. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Get it the day it comes out!
Pre-order and Release-Date Delivery is FREE with Amazon Prime. See details.
PlayStation Vita First Edition Bundle

Pre-order the PlayStation Vita First Edition Bundle to receive the PS Vita a week early. It also comes with a 4GB Memory Card, Little Deviants game and exclusive PS Vita case. To learn more about the PS Vita, check out the PlayStation Vita Store.[/QUOTE]

Was just about to post this...Release day shipping is FREE if you are a Prime member.

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning I called Target because the online order i placed still said waiting to be shipped. Lo and behold they said the item was on backorder and that i wouldn't be getting it anytime soon. I never would have known this if I hadn't called. Last time I order from Target. So I went back on Amazon and like others have said release date delivery was there and was still there when I went to checkout so I pulled the trigger on it. It's now in UPS's hands and scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Just ticks me off that Target did not have it noted that this was on backorder. There will probably be a lot of ticked off people who find out at the last minute that they won't be getting their order from Target.

Damn it Target. I wish I wouldn't have fell asleep early last night and had a chance to see your post. I canceled my order and did one day shipping from Amazon. Should be here tomorrow.

bread's done
Back