Trying to find Batman Begins - HD DVD for my wife, by Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andsoitgoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
As title says, we are going to go out on our anniversary, and since I only have an HD DVD player, I'd love to get this so we could get a real experience before seeing the new one.

I'm in Vancouver, willing to travel ( to a degree ) but really want the HD version, cannot seem to find it locally though! :(

Please, help!

Thanks!!

Your best bet is Fry's Electronics. No B&M stores are carrying HD DVD's anymore, otherwise try Amazon.com or check the trading forums.

If not there, I just noticed that Amazon guarantees it by Wednesday with one day shipping. That's not much, but there you go..

Edit: If anyone sees it at Fry's pick it up for me. I don't need it by Thursday ;P

Are there no big chain stores in Vancouver B.C. that just have a bunch of HD-DVDs sitting there on clearance that no one picks up? What about stores that sell used?

Have you tried a book store or media store at the mall? Since their movies are always overpriced, they tend to have a lot of titles collecting dust that are otherwise gone.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Your best bet is Fry's Electronics. No B&M stores are carrying HD DVD's anymore, otherwise try Amazon.com or check the trading forums.[/quote]

Frys.com is not an option because it's a title that is not available for export. Best bet would be amazon.ca ($16.99 CDN) and overnight it.

I will sell you mine for 20 plus shipping... i never watched it. 20 because then i could rebuy the blu-ray at best buy.

I don't know that you're going to have much luck selling it for $4 over what Amazon sells it for. :p

[quote name='DestroVega']I will sell you mine for 20 plus shipping... i never watched it. 20 because then i could rebuy the blu-ray at best buy.[/quote]

[quote name='jaysapathy']I don't know that you're going to have much luck selling it for $4 over what Amazon sells it for. :p[/quote]

But I'm not looking to sell it... I would if I can get what buying the Blu-Ray version would cost me... it doesn't matter to me either way.

You can get the BR at Warner Bros for 18.xx. Spend $50 and get the free shipping.

Good luck on the hunt though. I have a copy but it wouldn't reach you before thursday.

Should be $12.99 at Futureshop/Best Buy. You might also want to check HMV if you have them out there.

Also, try calling Blockbuster -- they cleared out all of their HD DVDs down to $4.99. You might get lucky.

[quote name='DestroVega']But I'm not looking to sell it... I would if I can get what buying the Blu-Ray version would cost me... it doesn't matter to me either way.[/QUOTE]

Then don't offer to sell it? If you're looking for personal gain (ie. upgrading to blu-ray version) you'll probably have to make some sacrifice.

Not sure if you get FX on your cable/satellite that you have up there, though they're showing Batman Begins starting tonight or tomorrow night at 8PM ET. I think it's starting today, if I remember right.

It is tonight:
http://www.fxnetworks.com/

Lower-cost option if you can't find a copy of it by tonight. And yes, I know it's not HD, though it's a backup plan.

[quote name='shrike4242']... I know it's not HD...[/QUOTE]

According to my DirecTV guide, they are showing it in HD tonight. Guess I'll have to tune in to see.

[quote name='DestroVega']hopefully you already bought tickets to the new one... the only IMAX near me is sold out until Monday.[/quote]

I bought my tickets a week ago to the Imax in my area. For the 7 of us, it dented my wallet $83. :(

I would NEVER pay these kind of prices normally, but I haven't been this pumped for a movie in a long, long time.

[quote name='gimmepilotwings']I bought my tickets a week ago to the Imax in my area. For the 7 of us, it dented my wallet $83. :(

I would NEVER pay these kind of prices normally, but I haven't been this pumped for a movie in a long, long time.[/quote]

i get my tix at costco. $7 gets me imax tickets, i love it. 50% off is great. consider it next time...

[quote name='andsoitgoes']As title says, we are going to go out on our anniversary, and since I only have an HD DVD player, I'd love to get this so we could get a real experience before seeing the new one.

I'm in Vancouver, willing to travel ( to a degree ) but really want the HD version, cannot seem to find it locally though! :(

Please, help!

Thanks!![/quote]

i got mine at CC in the spring for $12.50, after that, no more B&M, snooze, you lose...

[quote name='von551']i get my tix at costco. $7 gets me imax tickets, i love it. 50% off is great. consider it next time...[/quote]

I only see one movie a year at the theatres probably, the rest are HDDVD/Bluray/DVD. The movie was $83 good.

[quote name='von551']i got mine at CC in the spring for $12.50, after that, no more B&M, snooze, you lose...[/quote]

thanks for the... input?

[quote name='blum3']eh. yeah, don't get anymore HD's man.[/quote]
eh. yeah, if you have an HD player, there's no reason not to buy cheap discs for it. eh, yeah....

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Why are we bumping this?? This is way old. The guy wanted it for his wife's b-day before Dark Knight came out.[/quote]

Either because people a) can't read or b) simply feel a need to be asses.

[quote name='Ronin317']eh. yeah, if you have an HD player, there's no reason not to buy cheap discs for it. eh, yeah....[/quote]

Exactly. It's simply pure insanity to buy cheap high-def movies!!! We are all nuts!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back