Trying to help my mom find a 360 deal

Check craigslist, even though it's used, I've found BOMB ASS deals on craigslist for 360. One time, I got a 360 with 12 games, wireless wheel, and wireless network adapter, 2 controllers, for $500. Another time, got a 360, 5 games, 2 controllers for $360. So... look up some craigslist posts for her.

Well, she IS spending it on the child, isn't she? I'm sure she clothes, feeds, and shelters him too, and spending the money on something you know he'll enjoy is fine.

[quote name='Malik112099']the use of a child support check for video games is kinda wtf...whatever[/QUOTE]

Yeah maybe it would be better used on food or clothes. Just get a PS2 and a couple used games if money is that tight.

sometimes peoples prorities are a little off. Not to be mean, but if she couldn't afford it b4 the check arrived, doesnt really seem like getting a video game console is a necessity.

I see both aspects of it. Yes I think its a careless use of it because it should be going to clothe feed and shelter the kid, but at the same time it should also be able to bring the kid happiness. Tough one to judge on I guess. Ive never been in that situation, so I guess I can't really comment.

Best of luck either way.

Nobody knows her situation.

Edited to add: You put your mom on blast, maybe you should just say she's looking for a deal on a 360 and that's it...

[quote name='Kevbo887']I see both aspects of it. Yes I think its a careless use of it because it should be going to clothe feed and shelter the kid, but at the same time it should also be able to bring the kid happiness. Tough one to judge on I guess. Ive never been in that situation, so I guess I can't really comment.

Best of luck either way.[/quote]

well...child support is for food, clothing, shelter, medicine and all the other necessities of life. If the child support more than covers it then it should be put away just in case something should happen. Video games are a luxury to have and should come out of a different fund than the child support. This is just my opinion seeing as I have a 17 month old and another one due on Jan 3rd and if something ever happened and I was seperated from my children and paying child support I would not want the money going towards BS that wasn't in the budget until the check came.

/rant

bread's done
Back