trying to price out blu ray players

roscooee

CAGiversary!
i've been trying to price out a blu ray player for a gift, and have had a hard time distinguishing which ones are superior. i'm looking to find one with wifi built in, but if there's a good player at a much cheaper price id go for that one. any help on this subject would be appreciated.

I just purchased a Magnavox blu ray player model MBP5120F as a gift from Wal-Mart. It features built in wireless LAN and up converts DVD video to 1080p. It is priced at $118.00 which isn't too bad, but you also get a $40 gift card with purchase.

[quote name='roscooee']i've been trying to price out a blu ray player for a gift, and have had a hard time distinguishing which ones are superior. i'm looking to find one with wifi built in, but if there's a good player at a much cheaper price id go for that one. any help on this subject would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

If you want good quality with wifi streaming features get the LG 570, its the best all around network player - just doesnt have 3D.

PS3 Doesn't do Lossless Audio. Avoid Samsung like the plague. Head into your local Best Buy and ask for any old Pioneer Elites. They probably have some if they a Magnolia. You should be able to talk 'em down to $100.

[quote name='Mrsavetheworld']PS3 Doesn't do Lossless Audio. Avoid Samsung like the plague. Head into your local Best Buy and ask for any old Pioneer Elites. They probably have some if they a Magnolia. You should be able to talk 'em down to $100.[/QUOTE]

PS3 does do lossless.

[quote name='Sporadic']I have this one.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Insigni...oductCategoryId=abcat0102003&id=1218195518665

It's been a good player so far and it has wifi (also it is only $89.99)

- edit Actually I have the one before it (Insignia NS-WBRDVD) but I can't find any real difference between them. - edit 2 Looks like the new one has auto resume on discs.[/QUOTE]

As a bonus, it can be made DVD and Blu-ray region free as well!

Auto-Resume is not a new feature. You can't auto-resume on BD discs with Java. No BD player can fix that. Its indentical to the previous model except it looks different and has Napster app.
Just got the non-WiFi version last night.

[quote name='Ruined']If you want good quality with wifi streaming features get the LG 570, its the best all around network player - just doesnt have 3D.[/QUOTE]

I second this one...it's my bedroom player and I love it.

[quote name='Invicta 61']I just purchased a Magnavox blu ray player model MBP5120F as a gift from Wal-Mart. It features built in wireless LAN and up converts DVD video to 1080p. It is priced at $118.00 which isn't too bad, but you also get a $40 gift card with purchase.[/QUOTE]

I just purchased this same model from Wal-Mart. I also got the gift card. Amazon reviews are terrible for this model, but it is mostly because of a mislabeling of being able to stream netflix. That doesn't bother me since I have other things to stream netflix. How does this model play, clear/good quality? Did you end up returning it? If so I hope you got to keep the $40 gift card!:bouncy:

I own the LG 550, and as far as I know the 570 is pretty similar except it has wifi (550 only has ethernet, but I don't like to trust my Netflix streaming to Wifi). I absolutely love it and you cant go wrong with either player. I got my 550 from Newegg for 92 dollars.

[quote name='billbloodshed']I own the LG 550, and as far as I know the 570 is pretty similar except it has wifi (550 only has ethernet, but I don't like to trust my Netflix streaming to Wifi). I absolutely love it and you cant go wrong with either player. I got my 550 from Newegg for 92 dollars.[/QUOTE]

The 550 does not play Media files through USB (i.e. MKV, AVI etc.).

bread's done
Back