Tuner/Capture card

ninjaspeedrazor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Hey guys, I'm considering getting a tuner/capture card since I don't have a dvr and I'm probably going to miss 24 and Lost a lot this season, what are some good brands I should be looking at? It doesn't need to be an hd tuner, and I'm trying to keep the price around 50-70 bucks, any suggestions would be great, thanks guys!

Are those the only two shows you'll be recording? These days I thought most networks just streamed all their shows online the next day. If you're going to watch them on your PC, you're just as well watching them that way.

There's also ways to view shows on the internet mere hours after they air. But I wouldn't know anything about that.

I'm actually going to be hooking my cpu up to my tv in my bedroom, I hate watching tv shows/movies at a computer desk, that's the main reason I'm looking to get a tuner card. Thanks for the suggestions though, I appreciate it.

But you don't need a tuner to hook your computer up to a TV... a tuner is for decoding input, not coding output. Just get the right cable, nothing special necessary.

Maybe this is why not everyone has HTPCs, people don't realize how easy it is to hook a PC to a TV.

Can't you just download HDTV rips of episodes from "the usual places." I don't really feel that it's illegal since you are just grabbing shows that were aired freely...

bread's done
Back