Turn your £30 Gamestation pturchase into £40 HMV credit instantly

TheToiletDuck

CAGiversary!
Hiya, aww dammit i made a typo already.

Thought i better post this before i forget.

Two points to start off:

1) Gamestation have 2 for £30 deals on a lot of their pre-owned 360 games, including GTAIV.

2) HMV just started dealing with pre-owned stock, they call it RE-Play and give some really good deals on trade-ins. Better than GAME anyway.

Okay

I bought GTAIV and Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise for 360 from Gamestation last Thursday. Found that i couldnt be bothered getting through GTAIV again, especially with Fallout 3 taking my time soon so i was going to take them back and use Gamestations 10 day trial to swap for something else.

However, HMV is closer to me so i thought i'd just see what i got trade-in.
Turns out they were both worth £20 store credit (or £17 cash), so i got a voucher for £40 and made £10 profit (or £4 if i had got cash).

That pays for my Fallout 3 (for only the £30 i spent) :)

DISCLAIMER: I was told the prices change at HMV regularly so verify trade in prices before buying elsewhere. Also, the discs have to be in good condition to get full value. Games were traded at Braehead HMV (Glasgow, Scotland) so at least it works there but it's all a central system as the HMV is a franchise.

if you were being really cheeky, you could get gamestation to price match and beat by £1. They beat the full transaction by £1. On a monster trade in session of mine I pointed out that i'd miss out on about £15 this way and so they started to beat prices by £1 per item, but that may have been just for me :D.

bread's done
Back