Turning off the controller ? [Use FAQs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

winterice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So how do you turn off the controller? I've tried holding down the logo but it doesn't turn off. I don't want to take out the battery every time I stop using it.

Holding down the logo should be working... a message will pop up asking if you want to shut down the console or turn off the controller.

Personally I just press the release button on the batteries and it's enough to cut the power.

[quote name='winterice']What do you mean "a side bar on the right"?[/quote]

It is a message box type thing, and it gives you those options. Kind of like when you hit the guide button it comes from the left. If you hold it down long enough there is one from the right side of the screen.

[quote name='winterice']You mean I have to keep the console and tv on to shut the controller off?[/quote]

Why are you trying to off the controller If the console isn't on? Yes you would need the console on so it would open up the guide...

[quote name='winterice']You mean I have to keep the console and tv on to shut the controller off?[/quote]

the controller will shut off if you turn the console off.

[quote name='jman619']Why are you trying to off the controller If the console isn't on? Yes you would need the console on so it would open up the guide...[/QUOTE]
Because I turned off the console and tv and the controller lights are still on. I just opened my elite yesterday and still feeling my way around the thing.

[quote name='winterice']Because I turned off the console and tv and the controller lights are still on. I just opened my elite yesterday and still feeling my way around the thing.[/quote]

Usually when you shut your system off the controller goes off. Maybe you should try syncing it again.

I run into issues with controllers that still have a slight glow after they are turned off. I just remove the battery pack and reattach it. It only happens with the play and charge batteries.

[quote name='JC Monkeyballs']the controller will shut off if you turn the console off.[/quote]

The controller will also auto off after about 10-20 minutes if you don't push any buttons.

If your Play & Charge cord is hooked up to it, the 360 will keep charging it. What you need to do is to turn off the console and then press the power button on the console again if you don't want the controller to be charged. Much easier than removing the battery every time. If your controller is still on and there's no cord attached, it might be time to call MS for a replacement.

If the Play and Charge cord is hooked up, it won't matter how you turn it off. The 360 will still charge the controller. You need to physically get up and press the console's power button a second time to turn it off completely. It works the same with background downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back