Turning Point Fall of Liberty PS3/360 $19.99 @ Meijer B&M

briansraregames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Spotted this deal while browsing the games today.

Ps3 & 360 Turning Point Fall of Liberty were both marked $19.99...also spotted Virtua Fighter 5 PS3 for the same $19.99 price...don't know if that's a deal or MSRP.

They also had a sign up that advertised if you buy Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold for 360, you get Spiderman 3 360 for free. Unfortunately, they didn't have any MUA Gold in stock.

This Meijer was in Michigan City, IN

The demo was TERRIBLE!..........maybe a $5 game.......don't have this store around here anyhow...

Thanks for the heads up, but the game is bad, and it will prob. end up in the 9.99 range before long.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Turning Point is my personal gaming disappointment of '08. It had a lot of potential, but fell flat on its face.[/quote]

You can say that again. Never played a shooter before where your cross hair showed you where not to shoot. :roll:

[quote name='Hybrid5006']You can say that again. Never played a shooter before where your cross hair showed you where not to shoot. :roll:[/quote]

The best part about the entire situation is that the developers tried to hide behind the "casual" gaming banner, by claiming their game wasn't made for "hardcore" gamers. Please. Any kind of gamer can see how crappy this thing turned out to be. The story is awful, the graphics are on par with the first Medal of Honor game, and controlling the thing is muddled, at best. You screwed up a great concept. Just admit it and move along. Don't try to start a thinly-veiled "crusade" for the casual gamer.

The graphics are bad, but I would not say they are on the level of the first Medal of Honor....

This has been going on for at least 2 weeks, I posted about it in several threads and forums @_@

Its worth 20 bucks, but its on ebay for me right now -_-V Online is dead.

[quote name='foxdvd']The graphics are bad, but I would not say they are on the level of the first Medal of Honor....[/quote]

I was exaggerating. Still, to say the graphics were bad is an understatement. They were bloody awful.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I was exaggerating. Still, to say the graphics were bad is an understatement. They were bloody awful.[/quote]
agreed.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The best part about the entire situation is that the developers tried to hide behind the "casual" gaming banner, by claiming their game wasn't made for "hardcore" gamers. Please. Any kind of gamer can see how crappy this thing turned out to be. The story is awful, the graphics are on par with the first Medal of Honor game, and controlling the thing is muddled, at best. You screwed up a great concept. Just admit it and move along. Don't try to start a thinly-veiled "crusade" for the casual gamer.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I really found their excuses ridiculous. If they were going for the casual gamer, why not set the game at $20 to begin with? Charging $60 for a shooter when there are some of the best shooters ever made available on the 360 and PS3 for the same price is absurd. I read in one magazine that the whole game was developed in 9 months. That short development cycle should have been factored into a lower price as well.

bread's done
Back