Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 or P11 $36.xx, lower than BF.

Picked up the last X12 from the Chino Hills, CA, TRU for $32.xx. These are my first gaming headsets. From reading all the positive reviews, I can't wait to try them out!

[quote name='Kaiser499']Are these good on PC as well?[/QUOTE]

That may depend on your sound card and what you use them for. I bought these today from toys r us for $29.99 and connected them to a PC as soon as I got home. The computer has integrated sound, tried a music video on youtube and a few music mp3's, I was very disappointed with the sound level and sound quality. Then I took them to another room to get them hooked up to my 360 and tried a couple games, the result was MUCH better. I fired up a multiplayer session on Halo Reach and the sound was VERY good, the gunshots and explosions were completely awesome. I'd say they're great for gaming on a console, music and other random stuff on a PC not so much.

My 4am posts on these failed :p but for anyone that bit early at the 40 price like me, I was able to get amazon to pm it to the new 36 price and got my friend to bite on the TRU deal. As I've had a messed up headset for a few months, i can't wait to get a hold of these.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Has any one used one of those small usb sound cards to get chat feature to work on the PS3? Can you provide any feedback on those?[/QUOTE]

I'm also wondering the same thing. I chose the X12 over the P11 since most of my MP is on 360. However, it's nice to know that these can be used on PS3 for the chat feature just by using the usb sound card. I watched a video on YouTube which mentioned the usb sound card on Amazon. They're selling for a couple of bucks with free shipping. But many reviews state that they're flimsy. There's a similar one on Monoprice for about $9 and looks sturdier. I'll eventually get one but no rush since I'll use my X12 mostly on the 360.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']I'm also wondering the same thing. I chose the X12 over the P11 since most of my MP is on 360. However, it's nice to know that these can be used on PS3 for the chat feature just by using the usb sound card. I watched a video on YouTube which mentioned the usb sound card on Amazon. They're selling for a couple of bucks with free shipping. But many reviews state that they're flimsy. There's a similar one on Monoprice for about $9 and looks sturdier. I'll eventually get one but no rush since I'll use my X12 mostly on the 360.[/QUOTE]

I bought a $3 one so I'll just try it out with a X12. I have the DSS too so I don't need its 5.1 feature. However if it's good enough, I might just keep the DSS hooked up to the xbox and use the usb sound card on ps3 (less moving it around). I currently have the PX21, but I just hear so much about them breaking that I might just get rid of them if this setup works.

[quote name='soccerboy09']U sir must be 5[/QUOTE]

namwe+fyrs.jpg

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I bought a $3 one so I'll just try it out with a X12. I have the DSS too so I don't need its 5.1 feature. However if it's good enough, I might just keep the DSS hooked up to the xbox and use the usb sound card on ps3 (less moving it around). I currently have the PX21, but I just hear so much about them breaking that I might just get rid of them if this setup works.[/QUOTE]

How do you like the DSS? Has there been a recent good sale on it like during BF?

I was thinking of getting the PX21 as an all-around solution, but because of the PX21's reputation for breaking, the really good deal on the X12, and the fact that the X12 can be used on the PS3, I decided go with the X12.

For those that ordered from Amazon, like me, before you found out about the TRU price and didn't cancel your order.
Send them an email concerning the price difference at TRU.

I ordered mine from Amazon for $39.99 and sent off an email.
This morning I get a reply that because I'm such a wonderful customer :) they'll match the TRU price and now my order has a total of $-9.99.

A good start for Amazon in 2012:applause:
:bouncy:

[quote name='JustinSaneV2']Yep. Was barely one year old when I joined CAG.[/QUOTE]

:raises hand: Now that's an example of sarcasm. :applause:

Did an in-store pickup at TRU last night, but it got "canceled". No reason, store had them in stock too (I called to check). Printed out $30 online price, Best Buy matched it no problem. Can't wait!

I ordered one P11 and one X12 from TRU with in store pick up using $5 off reward cupons each. So end up paing $26.5 each with taxes included. Not bad, my orders are ready to pick up.

[quote name='GuitarMan']For those that ordered from Amazon, like me, before you found out about the TRU price and didn't cancel your order.
Send them an email concerning the price difference at TRU.

I ordered mine from Amazon for $39.99 and sent off an email.
This morning I get a reply that because I'm such a wonderful customer :) they'll match the TRU price and now my order has a total of $-9.99.

A good start for Amazon in 2012:applause:
:bouncy:[/QUOTE]
gotta love outsourcing and a lack of basic english

I went to TRU this morning and the X12 rang up for 39.99 but I took it up front to the customer service desk and they price matched the website with no hassles.

I bought it yesterday from Amazon for $39.99 and just saw their new price and the TRU price. I shot Amazon an email and hopefully they'll pricematch one of them.

I purchased the P11's for $50 on December 17th... is there anything I can do or has it been too long?

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']How do you like the DSS? Has there been a recent good sale on it like during BF?

I was thinking of getting the PX21 as an all-around solution, but because of the PX21's reputation for breaking, the really good deal on the X12, and the fact that the X12 can be used on the PS3, I decided go with the X12.[/QUOTE]

I love it. You really get a good surround sound effect. It gets a bit messy with the cables, but it works. It comes with a optical cable so you can immediately start sending 5.1 through it. I got it for $50 on Amazon, but some people got it for $40 before that. Now it's sold out at Amazon.

The only thing bad about the P11/X12 compared to the PX21 is that they don't have adjustable bass boost. However, if the X12's are so good, that may not matter.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I purchased the P11's for $50 on December 17th... is there anything I can do or has it been too long?[/QUOTE]

are they better than having speakers/sound bar in your room? i never had a gaming headset before.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']
The only thing bad about the P11/X12 compared to the PX21 is that they don't have adjustable bass boost. However, if the X12's are so good, that may not matter.[/QUOTE]

X12 does have adjustable bass boost.

[quote name='already']are they better than having speakers/sound bar in your room? i never had a gaming headset before.[/QUOTE]

lots of advantages of the gaming headset.

• You can game without making noise and bothering anyone.
  • You have a better quality mic for chatting with friends in parties and in games.
  • You have better sound placement than with a TV or soundbar. Makes it easier to know where the bad guys are. Sure a home theater room with true surround sound speakers can beat it but lots of times you don't want to disturb the neighbors.

I couldn't justify spending the $$$ for the really nice headsets with surround sound. This allows me to pay in smaller parts. Get the X12 now and when I have some spare change (and when there's a sale), get the DSS so that my X12 will have virtual 5.1/7.1 audio.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I love it. You really get a good surround sound effect. It gets a bit messy with the cables, but it works. It comes with a optical cable so you can immediately start sending 5.1 through it. I got it for $50 on Amazon, but some people got it for $40 before that. Now it's sold out at Amazon.

The only thing bad about the P11/X12 compared to the PX21 is that they don't have adjustable bass boost. However, if the X12's are so good, that may not matter.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback. I can wait for a good sale on the DSS. Like someone posted earlier, the X12's have adjustable bass boost (I'm looking at the amp box and it has a setting for adjusting the bass boost). I think the P11s don't have it (but I'm not sure).

how easy is it to switch from this headset to my surround sound system on ps3?
iv got opti audio and hdmi video, but i dont like the surround sound loud at night so these would be great, but is it a hassle with the cords/plugging in and replugging and the audio setup... i.e. would i have to go through menus/change cables everytime i wanna change from surroundsound system to headset?

id rather just stick with my turn on and play bluetooth if it's gonna be a huge hassle everyday.

^^^ The PS3 allows you to output audio to both optical and rca at the same time, so depending on your setup, it may be a piece of cake...

I use HDMI for audio and have a pretty decent surround system, but I want a nice headset simply for chatting on 360 and for use with my PC.

If I connect these to my Xbox with ONLY the talkback wire and not the RCA, would they still work for chat only?

thanx. yeah iv got opti surround sound. so if it can do rca at same time i could just hook audio cables with that came with ps3 from ps3 to headphones and just output both at once? ill leave s.s. off when i want headphones and unplug headphones when i want just s.s. that should work great... idk 60 down to 25 is tempting, and i need all the edge i can get at cod's/etc

[quote name='xskaxninjax']I use HDMI for audio and have a pretty decent surround system, but I want a nice headset simply for chatting on 360 and for use with my PC.

If I connect these to my Xbox with ONLY the talkback wire and not the RCA, would they still work for chat only?[/QUOTE]

You can turn the mic volume as loud as you want and the game audio to zero. I have trouble hearing people while I play and the Turtle Beach headset I have has really helped me enjoy multiplayer gaming better since I can turn up the chat audio louder than the game. Also I can whisper and the boom mic usually picks up everything clearly for my friends.

If you only hook up the mic cord and usb you won't have any in game audio correct. However these headphones are large and will muffle outside audio such as a nagging wife or your tv speakers.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']I use HDMI for audio and have a pretty decent surround system, but I want a nice headset simply for chatting on 360 and for use with my PC.

If I connect these to my Xbox with ONLY the talkback wire and not the RCA, would they still work for chat only?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can just connect the talkback to the controller (and USB for power), and it'll work just fine. However, you won't be able to hear much since the headphones will just be blocking outside noise if they're not plugged in to output sound on their own.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Thanks for the feedback. I can wait for a good sale on the DSS. Like someone posted earlier, the X12's have adjustable bass boost (I'm looking at the amp box and it has a setting for adjusting the bass boost). I think the P11s don't have it (but I'm not sure).[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's the P11 without the adjustable bass boost. They need to the change the wording on the X12 advertising (at least on Amazon) from variable bass boost to adjustable bass boost otherwise you wouldn't know without seeing the controller.

im trying to talk myself into getting this w the $5 off coupon but my grrl is telling me ' i like hearing the gunshots and explosions when i go to bed, it helps me sleep.' hmmmmm

[quote name='Velo214']im trying to talk myself into getting this w the $5 off coupon but my grrl is telling me ' i like hearing the gunshots and explosions when i go to bed, it helps me sleep.' hmmmmm[/QUOTE]

What coupon?

[quote name='dirtyvu']lots of advantages of the gaming headset.

• You can game without making noise and bothering anyone.
  • You have a better quality mic for chatting with friends in parties and in games.
  • You have better sound placement than with a TV or soundbar. Makes it easier to know where the bad guys are. Sure a home theater room with true surround sound speakers can beat it but lots of times you don't want to disturb the neighbors.

I couldn't justify spending the $$$ for the really nice headsets with surround sound. This allows me to pay in smaller parts. Get the X12 now and when I have some spare change (and when there's a sale), get the DSS so that my X12 will have virtual 5.1/7.1 audio.[/QUOTE]

i read that they do not work for ps3. i guess i'll take a look at the p11's. thanks, though. i wish i could try these out before i buy them. i wonder if i could hear people in battlefield 3.

[quote name='already']i read that they do not work for ps3. i guess i'll take a look at the p11's. thanks, though. i wish i could try these out before i buy them. i wonder if i could hear people in battlefield 3.[/QUOTE]

The X12 works on the PS3, just not the mic. The mic doesn't work because the X12 doesn't send mic data over usb like the P11.

[quote name='rollntider']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bimbH3cEK1o&feature=player_embedded

lots of peeps get them to work

mic works using this adapter for 1.85

hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

oh, wow... lol. i don't even need that adapter. i have one that looks like that. it lets me speak into the headset instead of typing in microsoft word and firefox. the headset has one of those usb pieces with the mic and headphones icons printed on them. now i just gotta grab some av ps3 cables while i'm there (left the av cables in my old house when i moved). thanks, bro

My local TRU was OOS so I pricematched at Best Buy, no problem. The lurch at the games section tried to argue with me that I needed the adapter to go with it, and I tried to explain my TV has audio out (making the adapter unnecessary) which just blew his mind.

Great headset and the microphone is the best part. It actually picks it up when I talk low at night.

[quote name='NeuralFizz']My local TRU was OOS so I pricematched at Best Buy, no problem. The lurch at the games section tried to argue with me that I needed the adapter to go with it, and I tried to explain my TV has audio out (making the adapter unnecessary) which just blew his mind.

Great headset and the microphone is the best part. It actually picks it up when I talk low at night.[/QUOTE]

It's a blessing and a curse. It picks up your low whispers at night but it also picks up EVERYTHING in the room at all times.

[quote name='NeuralFizz']My local TRU was OOS so I pricematched at Best Buy, no problem. The lurch at the games section tried to argue with me that I needed the adapter to go with it, and I tried to explain my TV has audio out (making the adapter unnecessary) which just blew his mind.

Great headset and the microphone is the best part. It actually picks it up when I talk low at night.[/QUOTE]

I'm also using my TV's audio out. It's great because I can use my X12 not just for the 360 but anything hooked up on the TV, including PS3. I just need to get the usb 3d soundcard so I can use the chat function on PS3.

Nice price although my pair only lasted for about two months before they started to go. I don't know if my pair was shitty or what but yeah...

They are great when they work :lol:

[quote name='already']are they better than having speakers/sound bar in your room? i never had a gaming headset before.[/QUOTE]

Depends on your cash flow. Nothing tops a great surround sound setup, especially a pair of $36.xx headphones; but, on the other hand, a great surround sound setup costs a lot more than $36.xx.

If you're planning to utilize the mic. a lot and are currently only using your TV's speakers for audio, then these will be a step up. However, if you're only in the market for a mic., then just get the official PS3 Blue-tooth headset; and if you're just looking for headphones, then grab a good pair of Sennheiser's or Grado's.

bread's done
Back